|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) Some food.
(b) Some weapons.
(c) An intricate piece of jewelery.
(d) A map.
2. Who does Aragor find in Fangorn forest when they follow the tracks of Merry and Pippin?
(a) Gandalf the White.
(b) Saruman the White.
(d) Merry and Pippin.
3. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
(a) Sam is drowning.
(b) He is afraid to be alone.
(c) Sam is his best friend.
(d) He knows that he can trust Sam to not try to take the Ring.
4. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Moria with the Dwarves.
(b) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
(c) Rohan with the Horsemen.
(d) Rivendell with the Elves.
5. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(b) A Dark Rider.
6. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
(a) An angry tree root.
(b) An arm.
(d) An old hag.
7. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
(a) A star.
(b) The entire Shire.
(c) Half the jewels of Moria.
(d) The Ring itself.
8. What does Gandalf do when he is rebuked by Theodyn as they enter his hall?
(a) He bows down in respect.
(b) He smites Wormtongue.
(c) He rebukes him right back.
(d) He heals the king.
9. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Mr. Underhill.
(b) Mr. Rider
(c) Bilbo Baggins.
(d) Gandalf Stormcrow.
10. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It becomes freezing cold.
(b) It cuts his finger.
(c) It disintegrates.
(d) It becomes hot and burns him.
11. What did Merry do to several orcs without any of them trying to hurt him and Pippin?
(a) Praised Boramir.
(b) Insulted them.
(c) Cut off their hands.
(d) Threw stones at them.
12. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
13. How does Treebeard describe Saruman when he takes Merry and Pippin to his home?
(a) He is the enemy of nature.
(b) He was once a gracious man.
(c) He has a mind of metal and wheels.
(d) He is a man poisoned by greed and blind to evil.
14. Where did Saruman run when Isengard was being attacked?
(a) The abyss of the earth.
(b) The Main turret castle of Isengard.
(c) The tower of Orthnac.
(d) Towards the path to Mordor.
15. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Eomer from the orc pretending to be dead?
2. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
3. What do the hobbits wake to after taking a nap in the Burrow Downs?
4. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
5. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)