|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Saruman a traitor to Sauran?
(a) He is trying to create a ring more pwerful that the One Ring.
(b) He plans to take the ring for himself.
(c) He plans to fight with Aragorn against Sauran.
(d) He is preparing an army with the power of Mordor to attack Mordor.
2. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
(a) Sings a tribute for Balin.
(b) Gives him a gift.
(c) Speaks to the party of all the greatness of the dwarves.
(d) Speaks to him in the dwarvish tongue.
3. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
(a) A dragon.
(c) An elven spell.
(d) The river.
4. Who is conspicuously absent from the feast at Rivendell after Frodo wakes up?
5. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
(a) A traitor Rohan Rider.
(c) The head Orc.
(d) A watchguard of elves.
6. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(d) A Dark Rider.
7. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
(b) A mysterious elf.
(d) A Balrog.
8. What does Gandalf do when he is rebuked by Theodyn as they enter his hall?
(a) He rebukes him right back.
(b) He smites Wormtongue.
(c) He bows down in respect.
(d) He heals the king.
9. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Rivendell with the Elves.
(b) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
(c) Rohan with the Horsemen.
(d) Moria with the Dwarves.
10. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
(a) A note scratched on a rock.
(b) Some foot prints.
(c) The remains of a campfire.
(d) A strip from Gandalf's robe,
11. Who won the Orc-killing game during the battle against Rohan?
12. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
(a) He killed his friend to gain possession of it.
(b) He stole it from Isildur.
(c) It was given to him by a strange family friend.
(d) He found it in the road one day.
13. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
(a) Black and inky.
(b) Full of worms and spiders.
(c) Tall, ghostly, shimmering kings.
(d) Rotten, shriveling corpses.
14. What does Gimli do when Eomer speaks harshly against Galadriel?
(a) Threatens Eomer with his axe.
(b) Defends her honor and her name.
(c) Agrees with him wholeheartedly.
(d) Stays silent out of fear.
15. What does Pippin use to cut the ropes he and Merry are bound with?
(a) His teeth.
(b) The helmet of the Orc who is carrying him.
(c) The sword of a fallen Orc.
(d) The broach from his elven cloak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
2. What does Sam see in Galadriel's mirror that makes him beg to return to the Shire?
3. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
4. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
5. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)