|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Eomer from the orc pretending to be dead?
2. How long does the Entmoot last before they decide to attack Isengard?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 3 hours.
3. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Aragor and Arwen.
(b) Boromir and Faramir.
(c) Merry and Pippen.
(d) Bilbo and Fatty.
4. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
5. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
(a) That they let him be their guide.
(b) That they allow him to wear the ring while at the Prancing Pony.
(c) That they split with him the gifts they will get at Rivendell.
(d) That they promise to not tell Gandalf he was there.
6. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
(a) His Staff.
(b) A sword.
(c) His hands.
(d) A word.
7. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
(a) Gives him a gift.
(b) Sings a tribute for Balin.
(c) Speaks to him in the dwarvish tongue.
(d) Speaks to the party of all the greatness of the dwarves.
8. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
(a) His mind.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His voice.
(d) His staff.
9. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
(a) Sam is his best friend.
(b) Sam is drowning.
(c) He is afraid to be alone.
(d) He knows that he can trust Sam to not try to take the Ring.
10. Why was Gandalf not welcome any longer in King Theoden's hall, according to Eomer?
(a) He attempted to kill Grima.
(b) He brought nothing but bad news.
(c) He offended the king.
(d) He tried to forge a union between Rohan and Gondor.
11. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
(a) Take over his farm and grow rich off the proceeds.
(b) Follow a day's length behind them to ward off any coming danger.
(c) Sell his house for a profit.
(d) Live in Frodo's house and keep Frodo's absence a secret.
12. What do the hobbits wake to after taking a nap in the Burrow Downs?
(a) They are sinking in a mud pit.
(b) Their baggage has been stolen.
(c) They are in the middle of a deep fog.
(d) They are being followed by many tiny creatures.
13. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
(a) They offer an escort to get them to their destination.
(b) They show the hobbits a hall made of trees.
(c) They cast an enchantment of safety over them.
(d) They give them weapons to fight the dark riders with.
14. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
(a) He escapes out a back door.
(b) He lies to them and sends them in the opposite direction.
(c) He holds his breath and pretends to be dead.
(d) He runs to the Gaffer's house and hide behind the barrells of ale.
15. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
(a) He found it in the road one day.
(b) He stole it from Isildur.
(c) It was given to him by a strange family friend.
(d) He killed his friend to gain possession of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gimli promise to do for Legolas as they ride through the forest towards Isengard?
2. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
3. What are the Dunlendings forced to do as punishment for joining the attack on Rohan?
4. What is Galadriel's gift to Sam?
5. What did Merry do to several orcs without any of them trying to hurt him and Pippin?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)