Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Bilbo give Frodo before Frodo sets out on his mission to destroy the Ring?
(a) A sword and a shirt of mail.
(b) A finished copy of his memiors.
(c) An unbreakable chain to put the ring on.
(d) A set of clothing that can render him invisible.
2. What is Frodo's greatest hope, according to the White wizard?
(a) Frodo is so small that he will not fall in the path of the great eye.
(b) Sauran has emtpied Mordor to attack Minas Tirith.
(c) Sauran thinks Frodo is with Aragorn.
(d) The Ring is losing its power.
3. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
(a) "They are coming."
(b) "Fear enfolds us and pushes us on."
(c) "There were drums, drums."
(d) "There is no escape here in the deep."
4. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
(a) He is afraid to be alone.
(b) Sam is drowning.
(c) He knows that he can trust Sam to not try to take the Ring.
(d) Sam is his best friend.
5. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
6. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
(a) A watchguard of elves.
(b) The head Orc.
(d) A traitor Rohan Rider.
7. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
(a) A warm hearted ranger.
(b) 3 Dwarves.
(c) A brown Wizard.
(d) A camp of elves.
8. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
(a) An old hag.
(c) An arm.
(d) An angry tree root.
9. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
(a) The Ring itself.
(b) A star.
(c) The entire Shire.
(d) Half the jewels of Moria.
10. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It becomes freezing cold.
(b) It disintegrates.
(c) It becomes hot and burns him.
(d) It cuts his finger.
11. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
(a) Gives him a gift.
(b) Sings a tribute for Balin.
(c) Speaks to him in the dwarvish tongue.
(d) Speaks to the party of all the greatness of the dwarves.
12. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
(a) His voice.
(b) His staff.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His mind.
13. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
(a) 17 Years.
(b) 7 Years.
(c) 7 Months.
(d) 7 Days.
14. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(b) A Dark Rider.
15. What did Merry do to several orcs without any of them trying to hurt him and Pippin?
(a) Insulted them.
(b) Cut off their hands.
(c) Threw stones at them.
(d) Praised Boramir.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
2. Why does Frodo choose to continue his journey alone?
3. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
4. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
5. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)