|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Chapter 6 | Book 6, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Merry so upset when Theoden and his army head off to battle?
(a) Theoden wants Merry to stay away from the battle.
(b) Merry thinks that they should get well rested before joining another battle.
(c) Merry feels that this call for help is a trap.
(d) Theoden promised to wait for the return of Aragorn.
2. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) Their ponies have been stolen.
(b) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
(c) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
(d) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
3. What is the name of Gollum's kinder split pesonality?
4. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
(a) His hands.
(b) A word.
(c) His Staff.
(d) A sword.
5. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
(a) He is disappointed about missing the action.
(b) He is happy to have avoided harm.
(c) He is excited to show his bravery during the next trial they will face.
(d) He is afraid that there may be more danger involved now that he has joined them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Aragorn name as the new Prince of Ithilien?
2. What do Sam and Frodo hear some orcs talking about as they travel through Mordor in the ravine?
3. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
4. What happen to Pppin when he looks into the Seeing Stone from Orthnac?
5. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)