|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Chapter 6 | Book 6, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the head of the statue of a king that Frodo and Sam see as they journey to the less traveled path to Mordor?
(a) A rare form of moss.
(b) A warning to all who pass.
(c) A crown of flowers.
(d) A written message from Gandalf.
2. What is surprising about the orcs that attacked the fellowship at the seat of Amon Lhaw?
(a) They were not prepared well for battle, but were sent in large numbers.
(b) They were too easy to kill.
(c) They are not from Mordor.
(d) They attacked in daylight.
3. What does Sam hear in the bushes after he cooks the two rabbits?
(a) The forest burning.
(b) Frodo crying.
(c) An imitated bird-call.
(d) Gollum arguing with Smeagol.
4. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
(a) He runs around blindly trying to save them.
(b) He is paralyzed in fear and passes out.
(c) He sings a call for Tom.
(d) He uses the elven sword to fight for them.
5. What scares Theoden's horse and causes it to buck during the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) The King of the Harad.
(b) A dart.
(c) The King of Despair.
(d) An oliphant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gollum refuse to eat the rabbits that Sam prepares?
2. How does Treebeard describe Saruman when he takes Merry and Pippin to his home?
3. Who does Pippin share his room with during his stay at Minas Tirith?
4. After Shelob attacks Frodo and Sam, and Sam chases Gollum up the hillside, Sam next finds Frodo:
5. Where does Theoden lead his men after receiving word that Gondor's troops are in trouble?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)