|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Chapter 6 | Book 6, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eomer return to Minas Tirith after the battle at Mordor?
(a) To attend the crowning of Eowyn as Princess of Ithilien.
(b) To return Theoden's body to Rohan.
(c) To join the council of peace with Aragorn.
(d) To attend the wedding of Aragorn and Arwen.
2. What does Sam hear the Orcs say when he is in Cirith Ungol?
(a) Gollum was killed by the spider.
(b) The armies of Mordor are getting ready to attack Minas Tirith.
(c) Sauran knows where the Ring is.
(d) Frodo is not dead, only paralyzed.
3. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
4. How is Gandalf allowed to keep his staff when entering Theodyn's hall?
(a) He hides his staff.
(b) He bewitches his staff to be invisible.
(c) He threatens the guard.
(d) He tricks the guard.
5. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
(a) An elven spell.
(b) The river.
(d) A dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Legolas share during the council of the ring that is upsetting to Gandalf?
2. What is Gimli so ashamed of as he travels with Aragorn on his secret mission?
3. What is found on the ground during the fellowship's journey that lets them know that Merry and Pippen are still alive?
4. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
5. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)