|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Chapter 6 | Book 6, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) To leave the forest to the Wildmen.
(b) New of the mission of Frodo.
(c) A good word with Gandalf.
(d) Half of the spoils of the battle.
2. Why do Sam and Frodo jump into a ravine while traveling through Mordor?
(a) They chase after Gollum.
(b) The eye turns in their direction.
(c) The Ring pulls Frodo into it.
(d) A nazgul passes them.
3. Where does Gandalf decide to go when they see a Nazul flying by as they are leaving Isengard?
(c) Helm's Deep.
(d) Minas Tirith.
4. Why was Gandalf not welcome any longer in King Theoden's hall, according to Eomer?
(a) He attempted to kill Grima.
(b) He brought nothing but bad news.
(c) He tried to forge a union between Rohan and Gondor.
(d) He offended the king.
5. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
(a) Follow a day's length behind them to ward off any coming danger.
(b) Live in Frodo's house and keep Frodo's absence a secret.
(c) Sell his house for a profit.
(d) Take over his farm and grow rich off the proceeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frodo's greatest hope, according to the White wizard?
2. What does Pippin use to cut the ropes he and Merry are bound with?
3. What gift does Bilbo give Frodo before Frodo sets out on his mission to destroy the Ring?
4. What does Gimli do when Eomer speaks harshly against Galadriel?
5. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)