|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Chapter 6 | Book 6, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aragorn hear while at the seat of Amon Lhaw that sends him running in the other direction?
(a) Boramir's horn.
(b) The call of the orcs.
(c) Merry and Pippen screaming.
(d) A Nazgul laughing and screeching.
2. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
(a) She already has one of the rings, and knows she cannot control the power of two.
(b) She sees what the future would be like if she did.
(c) She has seen a vision of Frodo destroying the ring himself.
(d) She fears her husband would kill her to gain the Ring for himself.
3. What are the Dunlendings forced to do as punishment for joining the attack on Rohan?
(a) Build mounds for the dead and stack orc corpses.
(b) Pay half of their harvest as a payment for the lands ruined in the battle.
(c) Become a territory of Rohan.
(d) Enlist in the Rohan army.
4. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
5. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
(a) A sword.
(b) A word.
(c) His Staff.
(d) His hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wormtongue throw down at Gandalf during the parley with Saruman?
2. Who stops Sam as he tries to enter the Tower of Cirith Ungol?
3. How long had Frodo been unconscious when he wakes up in Rivendell?
4. What pulls Gandalf down into the abyss with the Balrog?
5. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)