|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Chapter 6 | Book 6, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is following Sam and Frodo as they are journeying towards Mordor?
(a) An evil spirit.
(b) An orc spy.
(d) A Ring Wraith.
2. After Shelob attacks Frodo and Sam, and Sam chases Gollum up the hillside, Sam next finds Frodo:
(a) In a cocoon of webbing.
(b) Being drained of blood by Shelob.
(c) Breathing heavily and hallucinating.
(d) Helplessly flailing his arms at the giant spider.
3. What do Gimli and Legolas discuss as they walk through Minas Tirith after the battle?
(a) How much better the dwarves and elves could have made it.
(b) How unexpected their vicotry was.
(c) How unexpected their friendship is.
(d) How they are confused about the lack of news from Frodo.
4. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
(a) It is a burial ground for Dwarf warriors.
(b) It is pure water with healing powers.
(c) It is filled with blood.
(d) It mirrors the mountains and stars even in the sunlight.
5. What do Frodo and Sam find at the exit of Shelob's lair?
(a) A giant web.
(b) A dead Orc.
(c) A giant rock rolled in the way.
(d) Shelob waiting to attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the Nazgul King who no man could slay?
2. Why was Gandalf not welcome any longer in King Theoden's hall, according to Eomer?
3. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
4. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
5. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)