|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Chapter 6 | Book 6, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gollum refuse to eat the rabbits that Sam prepares?
(a) He fears that Sam will poison him.
(b) He never eats in front of people.
(c) He only eats raw meat.
(d) He hates herbs from the shire.
2. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
(a) Sell his house for a profit.
(b) Take over his farm and grow rich off the proceeds.
(c) Follow a day's length behind them to ward off any coming danger.
(d) Live in Frodo's house and keep Frodo's absence a secret.
3. What is Frodo's greatest hope, according to the White wizard?
(a) Sauran has emtpied Mordor to attack Minas Tirith.
(b) The Ring is losing its power.
(c) Sauran thinks Frodo is with Aragorn.
(d) Frodo is so small that he will not fall in the path of the great eye.
4. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
(b) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
(c) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
(d) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
5. Who does Pippin share his room with during his stay at Minas Tirith?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Merry do to several orcs without any of them trying to hurt him and Pippin?
2. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
3. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
4. How long did the companions spend in Lothlorien before continuing their journey?
5. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)