|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Chapter 6 | Book 6, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Sam and Frodo are forced to travel on the road through Mordor again?
(a) They are pushed into the ravine.
(b) They are trained for battle.
(c) They are mocked for being such small orcs.
(d) They travel with all the other orcs.
2. How many tiers of stairs does Gandalf have to ride to get to the hall of Denethor?
3. Why does Bilbo give his book to Frodo when Frodo visits him at Rivendell?
(a) Bilbo has gone blind.
(b) Bilbo has written enough in his lifetime.
(c) Bilbo is too aged to write anymore.
(d) Bilbo has written about every adventure in his own life.
4. What is Frodo's greatest hope, according to the White wizard?
(a) Frodo is so small that he will not fall in the path of the great eye.
(b) Sauran has emtpied Mordor to attack Minas Tirith.
(c) The Ring is losing its power.
(d) Sauran thinks Frodo is with Aragorn.
5. How does Treebeard describe Saruman when he takes Merry and Pippin to his home?
(a) He has a mind of metal and wheels.
(b) He was once a gracious man.
(c) He is the enemy of nature.
(d) He is a man poisoned by greed and blind to evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gollum get the ring back from Frodo?
2. What has Faramir been ordered to do with all trespassers on Gondor soil?
3. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
4. What does Pippin use to cut the ropes he and Merry are bound with?
5. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)