|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Chapter 6 | Book 6, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of the band of men who apprehend Sam and Frodo by their campfire in Ithilien?
2. Who does Pippin share his room with during his stay at Minas Tirith?
3. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
(a) It is raining too hard for them to leave.
(b) Merry is still suffering from the injury he received from the Willow.
(c) They have run out of food.
(d) Sam is very sick after sampling some of Goldberry's wine.
4. What does Sam hear in the bushes after he cooks the two rabbits?
(a) The forest burning.
(b) An imitated bird-call.
(c) Frodo crying.
(d) Gollum arguing with Smeagol.
5. Where does the army decide to go after the battle of Minas Tirith?
(c) The Black Gates of Mordor.
(d) Helm's Deep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frodo escape when Boramir tries to steal the Ring from him?
2. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
3. What does Sauron use to parley with Gandalf before they begin the final battle?
4. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
5. What does Frodo request from the men as they are escorted away from the waterfall?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)