|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Chapter 6 | Book 6, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
(a) They will never be cold while wearing them.
(b) They can blend into the background.
(c) They will grow or shrink to fit the person wearing them.
(d) They will never tear.
2. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
3. How do Sam and Frodo get through Mordor undetected?
(a) They use their Elven cloaks.
(b) They don the armor of dead orcs.
(c) They trade off wearing the Ring.
(d) They crawl on the ground.
4. How does Frodo escape when Boramir tries to steal the Ring from him?
(a) He puts on the ring and vanishes from sight.
(b) He runs and hides with his elven cloak.
(c) He begins to cry, and Boramir feels instant remorse.
(d) He promises to give it to Boramir when they reach Mordor.
5. Who does Aragorn name as the new Prince of Ithilien?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bilbo give his book to Frodo when Frodo visits him at Rivendell?
2. Who is the first to offer to take the ring to be destroyed, but is refused?
3. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
4. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
5. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)