|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Chapter 6 | Book 6, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frodo choose to continue his journey alone?
(a) He wants the ring for himself.
(b) He saw himself travelling alone in Galadriel's mirror.
(c) He knows that the Ring poses too much danger to his friends.
(d) He is afraid of Boramir.
2. What does Aragorn use to heal Merry and Eowyn?
(c) Soil and water.
(d) An Elven herb.
3. How long had Frodo been unconscious when he wakes up in Rivendell?
(a) 4 nights and 3 days.
(b) 4 months and 3 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks and 4 days.
(d) 3 days and 4 nights.
4. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It disintegrates.
(b) It cuts his finger.
(c) It becomes hot and burns him.
(d) It becomes freezing cold.
5. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
(a) Sam is very sick after sampling some of Goldberry's wine.
(b) It is raining too hard for them to leave.
(c) They have run out of food.
(d) Merry is still suffering from the injury he received from the Willow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
2. What does Gollum see after their climb up the stairs that softens his heart towards Sam for a moment?
3. What do Sam and Frodo hear some orcs talking about as they travel through Mordor in the ravine?
4. What gift doe Eowyn give Merry after he is made a soldier of Gondor?
5. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)