|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Chapter 6 | Book 6, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
(a) A Nazgul.
(b) A troop of Mordor Soldiers.
(c) A group of Orcs.
2. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
(a) Live in Frodo's house and keep Frodo's absence a secret.
(b) Follow a day's length behind them to ward off any coming danger.
(c) Take over his farm and grow rich off the proceeds.
(d) Sell his house for a profit.
3. What has Faramir been ordered to do with all trespassers on Gondor soil?
(a) Blindfold them and take them to the court.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Escort them to the border.
(d) Question them intensely.
4. What does Sauron use to parley with Gandalf before they begin the final battle?
(a) The Mouth of Sauran.
(c) A seeing Stone.
(d) An enchanted Orc.
5. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
(a) Tall, ghostly, shimmering kings.
(b) Full of worms and spiders.
(c) Black and inky.
(d) Rotten, shriveling corpses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
2. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
3. Why does Faramir not take the Ring when he finds out what it is?
4. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
5. What did Merry do to several orcs without any of them trying to hurt him and Pippin?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)