|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 6 | Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Frodo and Sam just barely escape the notice of on the bridge to Minas Morgul.
(a) A host of evil ghosts returning to Mordor.
(b) A troop of Mordor men on Oliphants.
(c) Faramir's men.
(d) A ringwraithe and an army of orcs.
2. What scares the great spider away in Shelob's lair?
(a) The phial of light from Galadriel.
(b) Gollum's threats.
(c) The sword from Bilbo.
(d) Sam's box of earth from Galadriel.
3. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
(a) It is a burial ground for Dwarf warriors.
(b) It mirrors the mountains and stars even in the sunlight.
(c) It is filled with blood.
(d) It is pure water with healing powers.
4. How long does the Entmoot last before they decide to attack Isengard?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
5. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
(a) The smell.
(b) The darkness.
(c) The cold.
(d) The moisture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Merry do to several orcs without any of them trying to hurt him and Pippin?
2. Where does Gandalf advise Theoden to go before he leaves them on an urgent errand?
3. After Shelob attacks Frodo and Sam, and Sam chases Gollum up the hillside, Sam next finds Frodo:
4. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
5. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)