|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 6 | Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of the band of men who apprehend Sam and Frodo by their campfire in Ithilien?
2. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
(a) The entire Shire.
(b) A star.
(c) The Ring itself.
(d) Half the jewels of Moria.
3. What does Aragorn hear while at the seat of Amon Lhaw that sends him running in the other direction?
(a) A Nazgul laughing and screeching.
(b) Boramir's horn.
(c) The call of the orcs.
(d) Merry and Pippen screaming.
4. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
5. What does Pippin use to cut the ropes he and Merry are bound with?
(a) His teeth.
(b) The helmet of the Orc who is carrying him.
(c) The broach from his elven cloak.
(d) The sword of a fallen Orc.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom symbolic of?
2. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
3. Who saves Eomer from the orc pretending to be dead?
4. What is Treebeard's motto?
5. What is Gollum doing in the pool by the waterfall when Faramir sees him?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)