|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 6 | Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the leader of the band of men in Ithilien tell Frodo has been killed?
2. Why does Sam take the Ring from Frodo after wounding Shelob?
(a) He saw himself doing this in Galadriel's mirror.
(b) He thinks Frodo is dead.
(c) Frodo gives him the Ring.
(d) He has become overpowered by the ring.
3. How is Gandalf allowed to keep his staff when entering Theodyn's hall?
(a) He threatens the guard.
(b) He hides his staff.
(c) He bewitches his staff to be invisible.
(d) He tricks the guard.
4. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(d) A Dark Rider.
5. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) A map.
(b) An intricate piece of jewelery.
(c) Some weapons.
(d) Some food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Frodo been unconscious when he wakes up in Rivendell?
2. What do the hobbits wake to after taking a nap in the Burrow Downs?
3. What is so different about the Old forest?
4. Where does Gandalf advise Theoden to go before he leaves them on an urgent errand?
5. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)