|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 6 | Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the hobbits wake to after taking a nap in the Burrow Downs?
(a) Their baggage has been stolen.
(b) They are sinking in a mud pit.
(c) They are being followed by many tiny creatures.
(d) They are in the middle of a deep fog.
2. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
(a) An old hag.
(c) An angry tree root.
(d) An arm.
3. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
(a) A star.
(b) Half the jewels of Moria.
(c) The Ring itself.
(d) The entire Shire.
4. Why does Gollum refuse to eat the rabbits that Sam prepares?
(a) He never eats in front of people.
(b) He fears that Sam will poison him.
(c) He only eats raw meat.
(d) He hates herbs from the shire.
5. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
(a) Frodo and Gollum are made brothers by the suffering the Ring causes.
(b) Gollum swore an oath on the ring.
(c) Gollum has an intense sense of loyalty.
(d) Gollum lost the Ring once and will not let it out of his sight again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
2. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
3. What does Sam call Gollum when he wakes up at the top of the stairs that rids Gollum of all the good feelings he had?
4. Who does Frodo tell the leader of the band of men in Ithilien has been killed?
5. Where do Merry and Pippin run when they are freed of their ropes as the Rohirram begin attacking the Orcs?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)