|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 6 | Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam hear in the bushes after he cooks the two rabbits?
(a) The forest burning.
(b) An imitated bird-call.
(c) Frodo crying.
(d) Gollum arguing with Smeagol.
2. What does Denethor claim that he has seen Gandalf doing in his seeing stone during the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Keeping ties with Sauran.
(b) Setting himself up to be the King of Gondor.
(c) Carrying the Ring of Power.
(d) Allow good people to die for a hopeless cause.
3. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
(a) He is disappointed about missing the action.
(b) He is happy to have avoided harm.
(c) He is excited to show his bravery during the next trial they will face.
(d) He is afraid that there may be more danger involved now that he has joined them.
4. Who does Frodo tell the leader of the band of men in Ithilien has been killed?
5. How is Gandalf allowed to keep his staff when entering Theodyn's hall?
(a) He hides his staff.
(b) He tricks the guard.
(c) He bewitches his staff to be invisible.
(d) He threatens the guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Merry do to several orcs without any of them trying to hurt him and Pippin?
2. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
3. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
4. How is Saruman a traitor to Sauran?
5. What scares Theoden's horse and causes it to buck during the battle at Minas Tirith?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)