|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 6 | Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
(a) His mind.
(b) His voice.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His staff.
2. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
(a) The Withywindle River.
(b) The spells cast on it by wizards.
(c) The evil spirits who inhabit the trees.
(d) The strong imagination of the hobbits.
3. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Merry and Pippen.
(b) Boromir and Faramir.
(c) Aragor and Arwen.
(d) Bilbo and Fatty.
4. Who does Frodo tell the leader of the band of men in Ithilien has been killed?
5. What do Frodo and Sam just barely escape the notice of on the bridge to Minas Morgul.
(a) A troop of Mordor men on Oliphants.
(b) A ringwraithe and an army of orcs.
(c) Faramir's men.
(d) A host of evil ghosts returning to Mordor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
2. Where does Gandalf decide to go when they see a Nazul flying by as they are leaving Isengard?
3. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
4. What does Gandalf do when he is rebuked by Theodyn as they enter his hall?
5. Why was Gandalf not welcome any longer in King Theoden's hall, according to Eomer?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)