|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 6 | Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Saruman run when Isengard was being attacked?
(a) The tower of Orthnac.
(b) Towards the path to Mordor.
(c) The Main turret castle of Isengard.
(d) The abyss of the earth.
2. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) The Passage of Death.
(b) The Gate of Sauron.
(c) The End of Dreams.
(d) The Black Gate.
3. Why are the men of Gondor worried when Gandalf rides past them with Pippin on his way to Minas Tirith?
(a) They think he is Saruman because of his white robes.
(b) They thought Gandalf was dead.
(c) Gandalf is the bearer of bad news.
(d) They see the worried expression on his face and the fast pace of his horse.
4. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
5. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) They want to prove to Rohan which side they are on.
(b) They are afraid of Theoden.
(c) They hate the orcs.
(d) Gandalf told them to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faramir say when he hears of the route Frodo plans to take to get to Mordor?
2. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
3. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
4. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
5. What does Gimli promise to do for Legolas as they ride through the forest towards Isengard?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)