|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 6 | Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) They are captured.
(b) Frodo is not ready to give the ring back.
(c) It is too heavily guarded.
(d) Sam falls ill and is unable to continue at the present.
2. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
(b) An angry tree root.
(c) An old hag.
(d) An arm.
3. Who kills the Nazgul King who no man could slay?
4. What are the Dunlendings forced to do as punishment for joining the attack on Rohan?
(a) Build mounds for the dead and stack orc corpses.
(b) Pay half of their harvest as a payment for the lands ruined in the battle.
(c) Enlist in the Rohan army.
(d) Become a territory of Rohan.
5. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Recites memorized prayer over and over.
(b) Encourages the other men to never lose faith.
(c) Moves to the back of the line and runs away.
(d) Gets closer to Theoden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is surprising about the orcs that attacked the fellowship at the seat of Amon Lhaw?
2. What scares Theoden's horse and causes it to buck during the battle at Minas Tirith?
3. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
4. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
5. Who does Frodo tell the leader of the band of men in Ithilien has been killed?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)