|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 6 | Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wormtongue throw down at Gandalf during the parley with Saruman?
(b) Burning limbs.
(c) Orc corpses.
(d) A round stone.
2. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
(a) Protection from the elves.
(c) A crocadilly.
(d) Orc spies.
3. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Rivendell with the Elves.
(b) Rohan with the Horsemen.
(c) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
(d) Moria with the Dwarves.
4. Why are the men of Gondor worried when Gandalf rides past them with Pippin on his way to Minas Tirith?
(a) They thought Gandalf was dead.
(b) They see the worried expression on his face and the fast pace of his horse.
(c) They think he is Saruman because of his white robes.
(d) Gandalf is the bearer of bad news.
5. Where did Saruman run when Isengard was being attacked?
(a) Towards the path to Mordor.
(b) The Main turret castle of Isengard.
(c) The tower of Orthnac.
(d) The abyss of the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
2. What does Gandalf do when he is rebuked by Theodyn as they enter his hall?
3. What is Frodo's greatest hope, according to the White wizard?
4. Where do the fellowship member who were at Isengard ride after the parley with Saruman?
5. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)