|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 6 | Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
(a) "There is no escape here in the deep."
(b) "Fear enfolds us and pushes us on."
(c) "They are coming."
(d) "There were drums, drums."
2. Where did Saruman run when Isengard was being attacked?
(a) The Main turret castle of Isengard.
(b) Towards the path to Mordor.
(c) The tower of Orthnac.
(d) The abyss of the earth.
3. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) It is too heavily guarded.
(b) They are captured.
(c) Sam falls ill and is unable to continue at the present.
(d) Frodo is not ready to give the ring back.
4. What gift from Theoden does Gandalf gladly accept?
(a) A promise to unite with Gondor.
(b) Shadowfax, the horse.
(c) A place in the king's counsel.
(d) A robe of lovely white silk.
5. What does Sam hear the Orcs say when he is in Cirith Ungol?
(a) The armies of Mordor are getting ready to attack Minas Tirith.
(b) Sauran knows where the Ring is.
(c) Gollum was killed by the spider.
(d) Frodo is not dead, only paralyzed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam hear in the bushes after he cooks the two rabbits?
2. Why does Sam take the Ring from Frodo after wounding Shelob?
3. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
4. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
5. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)