|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 6 | Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
(b) A dragon.
(c) The river.
(d) An elven spell.
2. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
(a) Tall, ghostly, shimmering kings.
(b) Rotten, shriveling corpses.
(c) Full of worms and spiders.
(d) Black and inky.
3. What causes Eomer to fight fiercely with no thought for his own safety?
(a) The sight of little Merry fighting bravely.
(b) Some encouraging words from Gandalf.
(c) The sight of Theoden and Eowyn dead.
(d) Heckling from an Orc leader.
4. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
(a) He is estranged from his father, and ran there for sanctuary.
(b) His kingdom is failing, and he needs power.
(c) He wants to prove his valor as a future king of Gondor.
(d) He and his brother had a dream about the sword of Isildur.
5. What happen to Pppin when he looks into the Seeing Stone from Orthnac?
(a) He sees Sauran's plan.
(b) He cries out in pain.
(c) He falls down dead.
(d) He is stricken blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
2. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
3. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
4. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
5. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)