|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 6 | Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Faramir been ordered to do with all trespassers on Gondor soil?
(a) Escort them to the border.
(b) Blindfold them and take them to the court.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Question them intensely.
2. How long does the Entmoot last before they decide to attack Isengard?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 3 months.
3. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
(a) He vanishes.
(b) He runs away with it laughing.
(d) He screams out in pain because it burns him.
4. What pulls Gandalf down into the abyss with the Balrog?
(a) The Balrog's claw.
(b) The Balrog's whip.
(c) The Balrog's chain.
(d) A menacing troll.
5. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
(b) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
(c) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
(d) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
2. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
3. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
4. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
5. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)