|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 6 | Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
(a) She already has one of the rings, and knows she cannot control the power of two.
(b) She sees what the future would be like if she did.
(c) She has seen a vision of Frodo destroying the ring himself.
(d) She fears her husband would kill her to gain the Ring for himself.
2. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
(a) They have run out of food.
(b) Merry is still suffering from the injury he received from the Willow.
(c) Sam is very sick after sampling some of Goldberry's wine.
(d) It is raining too hard for them to leave.
3. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
(a) A watchguard of elves.
(b) The head Orc.
(c) A traitor Rohan Rider.
4. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
(a) He escapes out a back door.
(b) He runs to the Gaffer's house and hide behind the barrells of ale.
(c) He holds his breath and pretends to be dead.
(d) He lies to them and sends them in the opposite direction.
5. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
(a) Sam is drowning.
(b) He knows that he can trust Sam to not try to take the Ring.
(c) Sam is his best friend.
(d) He is afraid to be alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
2. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
3. What does Gimli promise to do for Legolas as they ride through the forest towards Isengard?
4. Where do Sam and Frodo sleep after their exhausting climb down an almost sheer rock-face?
5. What is the name of Gollum's kinder split pesonality?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)