|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 6 | Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
(a) He knows Frodo's name.
(b) He tries to take the ring by force.
(c) He is not at all surprised.
(d) He seems angry.
2. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
(a) A strip from Gandalf's robe,
(b) A note scratched on a rock.
(c) Some foot prints.
(d) The remains of a campfire.
3. Why are the men of Gondor worried when Gandalf rides past them with Pippin on his way to Minas Tirith?
(a) Gandalf is the bearer of bad news.
(b) They see the worried expression on his face and the fast pace of his horse.
(c) They think he is Saruman because of his white robes.
(d) They thought Gandalf was dead.
4. Why does Sam take the Ring from Frodo after wounding Shelob?
(a) He thinks Frodo is dead.
(b) He saw himself doing this in Galadriel's mirror.
(c) Frodo gives him the Ring.
(d) He has become overpowered by the ring.
5. What does Aragorn choose to do when he sees that Frodo and Sam have taken one of the boats?
(a) Find and rescue Merry and Pippen.
(b) Send half the party after Merry and Pippen, and the other half after Frodo.
(c) Ask the Lorien elves for advice.
(d) Try to catch up with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
2. What is on the head of the statue of a king that Frodo and Sam see as they journey to the less traveled path to Mordor?
3. What is Gimli so ashamed of as he travels with Aragorn on his secret mission?
4. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
5. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)