|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 6 | Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Faramir been ordered to do with all trespassers on Gondor soil?
(a) Question them intensely.
(b) Blindfold them and take them to the court.
(c) Escort them to the border.
(d) Kill them.
2. What scares Theoden's horse and causes it to buck during the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) An oliphant.
(b) The King of the Harad.
(c) The King of Despair.
(d) A dart.
3. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
(b) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
(c) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
(d) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
4. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
(a) A host of Orc warriors.
(b) A great eagle.
(c) A nazgul.
(d) Denethor in a crazed state.
5. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) An intricate piece of jewelery.
(b) Some weapons.
(c) A map.
(d) Some food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
2. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
3. Where does Gandalf decide to go when they see a Nazul flying by as they are leaving Isengard?
4. What mysterious force are the orcs using to make holes in the walls of the fortress?
5. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)