|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 6 | Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
(b) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
(c) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
(d) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
2. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
3. Why is Merry so upset when Theoden and his army head off to battle?
(a) Theoden promised to wait for the return of Aragorn.
(b) Merry feels that this call for help is a trap.
(c) Theoden wants Merry to stay away from the battle.
(d) Merry thinks that they should get well rested before joining another battle.
4. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
(a) It is filled with blood.
(b) It is pure water with healing powers.
(c) It is a burial ground for Dwarf warriors.
(d) It mirrors the mountains and stars even in the sunlight.
5. Why does Faramir not take the Ring when he finds out what it is?
(a) He was told by Galadriel's mirror to never touch it.
(b) He does not want to be a liar.
(c) He knows it killed Boramir.
(d) He fears its power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aragorn choose to do when he sees that Frodo and Sam have taken one of the boats?
2. What causes Eomer to fight fiercely with no thought for his own safety?
3. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
4. What is Galadriel's gift to Sam?
5. What is Frodo's greatest hope, according to the White wizard?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)