|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 8 | Book 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
(a) Orc spies.
(c) Protection from the elves.
(d) A crocadilly.
2. What does Pippin use to cut the ropes he and Merry are bound with?
(a) The helmet of the Orc who is carrying him.
(b) The sword of a fallen Orc.
(c) His teeth.
(d) The broach from his elven cloak.
3. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
(a) 3 Dwarves.
(b) A brown Wizard.
(c) A warm hearted ranger.
(d) A camp of elves.
4. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
(a) He knows Frodo's name.
(b) He seems angry.
(c) He tries to take the ring by force.
(d) He is not at all surprised.
5. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
(a) He is afraid that there may be more danger involved now that he has joined them.
(b) He is disappointed about missing the action.
(c) He is happy to have avoided harm.
(d) He is excited to show his bravery during the next trial they will face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the leader of the band of men in Ithilien tell Frodo has been killed?
2. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
3. Who does Frodo tell the leader of the band of men in Ithilien has been killed?
4. Who is the first to offer to take the ring to be destroyed, but is refused?
5. What does Aragorn hear while at the seat of Amon Lhaw that sends him running in the other direction?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)