|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 8 | Book 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
(a) Protection from the elves.
(b) A crocadilly.
(d) Orc spies.
2. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
(a) Speaking to the bartender of the Prancing Pony.
(b) Rushing to tell Pippen to be quiet.
(c) Trying to hide from Strider.
(d) Singing and dancing on a table.
3. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
(a) Gollum swore an oath on the ring.
(b) Gollum lost the Ring once and will not let it out of his sight again.
(c) Frodo and Gollum are made brothers by the suffering the Ring causes.
(d) Gollum has an intense sense of loyalty.
4. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) A pint of mead from Moria.
(b) Instructions from Bilbo.
(c) Some weapons from the elves.
(d) A letter from Gandalf.
5. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
(a) He was angry at Frodo for his lack of response to a letter.
(b) He was held captive.
(c) He had other pressing matters to attend to.
(d) He simply forgot the details of his promise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is conspicuously absent from the feast at Rivendell after Frodo wakes up?
2. What is surprising about the orcs that attacked the fellowship at the seat of Amon Lhaw?
3. What does Gimli do when Eomer speaks harshly against Galadriel?
4. What is Gollum doing in the pool by the waterfall when Faramir sees him?
5. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)