|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 8 | Book 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who won the Orc-killing game during the battle against Rohan?
2. What mysterious force are the orcs using to make holes in the walls of the fortress?
(b) Blasting fire.
(c) Spells of Saruman.
(d) Spring loaded weapons.
3. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
(a) A group of Orcs.
(b) A Nazgul.
(d) A troop of Mordor Soldiers.
4. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
(a) They will never be cold while wearing them.
(b) They will never tear.
(c) They will grow or shrink to fit the person wearing them.
(d) They can blend into the background.
5. How is Gandalf allowed to keep his staff when entering Theodyn's hall?
(a) He tricks the guard.
(b) He hides his staff.
(c) He threatens the guard.
(d) He bewitches his staff to be invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
2. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
3. Who is the first to offer to take the ring to be destroyed, but is refused?
4. Why does Frodo choose to continue his journey alone?
5. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)