|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 8 | Book 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Aragor find in Fangorn forest when they follow the tracks of Merry and Pippin?
(a) Gandalf the White.
(b) Merry and Pippin.
(c) Saruman the White.
2. How many doors are there for Gandalf to choose from when he becomes stumped while traveling through Moria?
3. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
4. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
(a) His mind.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His staff.
(d) His voice.
5. What is on the head of the statue of a king that Frodo and Sam see as they journey to the less traveled path to Mordor?
(a) A crown of flowers.
(b) A rare form of moss.
(c) A warning to all who pass.
(d) A written message from Gandalf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mysterious force are the orcs using to make holes in the walls of the fortress?
2. What does Gimli promise to do for Legolas as they ride through the forest towards Isengard?
3. What is Frodo's greatest hope, according to the White wizard?
4. Why was Gandalf not welcome any longer in King Theoden's hall, according to Eomer?
5. How long is an ell?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)