|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 8 | Book 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gandalf do when he is rebuked by Theodyn as they enter his hall?
(a) He smites Wormtongue.
(b) He rebukes him right back.
(c) He bows down in respect.
(d) He heals the king.
2. What scares the great spider away in Shelob's lair?
(a) Sam's box of earth from Galadriel.
(b) Gollum's threats.
(c) The phial of light from Galadriel.
(d) The sword from Bilbo.
3. What is Tom symbolic of?
(b) The Earth.
4. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
(a) His staff.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His mind.
(d) His voice.
5. What has Faramir been ordered to do with all trespassers on Gondor soil?
(a) Blindfold them and take them to the court.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Escort them to the border.
(d) Question them intensely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
2. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
3. Where do Merry and Pippin run when they are freed of their ropes as the Rohirram begin attacking the Orcs?
4. What is on the head of the statue of a king that Frodo and Sam see as they journey to the less traveled path to Mordor?
5. What does Sam hear in the bushes after he cooks the two rabbits?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)