|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 8 | Book 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
(a) He is happy to have avoided harm.
(b) He is afraid that there may be more danger involved now that he has joined them.
(c) He is disappointed about missing the action.
(d) He is excited to show his bravery during the next trial they will face.
2. What do Frodo and Sam find at the exit of Shelob's lair?
(a) A dead Orc.
(b) A giant rock rolled in the way.
(c) A giant web.
(d) Shelob waiting to attack.
3. Why does Faramir not take the Ring when he finds out what it is?
(a) He knows it killed Boramir.
(b) He does not want to be a liar.
(c) He fears its power.
(d) He was told by Galadriel's mirror to never touch it.
4. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
(a) 17 Years.
(b) 7 Days.
(c) 7 Years.
(d) 7 Months.
5. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift from Theoden does Gandalf gladly accept?
2. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
3. What happen to Pppin when he looks into the Seeing Stone from Orthnac?
4. What mysterious force are the orcs using to make holes in the walls of the fortress?
5. What is Galadriel's gift to Sam?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)