|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 8 | Book 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wormtongue throw down at Gandalf during the parley with Saruman?
(a) A round stone.
(c) Burning limbs.
(d) Orc corpses.
2. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
(a) They can blend into the background.
(b) They will never tear.
(c) They will grow or shrink to fit the person wearing them.
(d) They will never be cold while wearing them.
3. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
(a) "They are coming."
(b) "There were drums, drums."
(c) "Fear enfolds us and pushes us on."
(d) "There is no escape here in the deep."
4. Where did Saruman run when Isengard was being attacked?
(a) Towards the path to Mordor.
(b) The tower of Orthnac.
(c) The abyss of the earth.
(d) The Main turret castle of Isengard.
5. Where does Gandalf decide to go when they see a Nazul flying by as they are leaving Isengard?
(a) Helm's Deep.
(b) Minas Tirith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam hear in the bushes after he cooks the two rabbits?
2. What does Sam see in Galadriel's mirror that makes him beg to return to the Shire?
3. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
4. What does Gimli promise to do for Legolas as they ride through the forest towards Isengard?
5. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)