|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 8 | Book 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It cuts his finger.
(b) It becomes hot and burns him.
(c) It becomes freezing cold.
(d) It disintegrates.
2. Why does Frodo request what he does from the men as he is escorted away from the waterfall?
(a) To help him complete his urgent task sooner.
(b) To make himself even with Gollum.
(c) To show that he truly means no harm.
(d) To replace what they ruined in their ambush.
3. What is on the head of the statue of a king that Frodo and Sam see as they journey to the less traveled path to Mordor?
(a) A crown of flowers.
(b) A rare form of moss.
(c) A warning to all who pass.
(d) A written message from Gandalf.
4. What is found on the ground during the fellowship's journey that lets them know that Merry and Pippen are still alive?
(a) A brooch from their elven cloaks.
(b) A pile of kambas bread.
(d) A piece of their clothing.
5. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Aragor and Arwen.
(b) Bilbo and Fatty.
(c) Merry and Pippen.
(d) Boromir and Faramir.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
2. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
3. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
4. Who does Frodo tell the leader of the band of men in Ithilien has been killed?
5. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)