|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 8 | Book 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift from Theoden does Gandalf gladly accept?
(a) A place in the king's counsel.
(b) Shadowfax, the horse.
(c) A robe of lovely white silk.
(d) A promise to unite with Gondor.
2. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
(a) The Fanghorn Forest.
(b) The Dead Marshes.
(c) The Murky Depths.
(d) The Crippling Caves.
3. What does Pippin use to cut the ropes he and Merry are bound with?
(a) The helmet of the Orc who is carrying him.
(b) The broach from his elven cloak.
(c) His teeth.
(d) The sword of a fallen Orc.
4. What does Gimli do when Eomer speaks harshly against Galadriel?
(a) Agrees with him wholeheartedly.
(b) Threatens Eomer with his axe.
(c) Defends her honor and her name.
(d) Stays silent out of fear.
5. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
2. Where do the fellowship member who were at Isengard ride after the parley with Saruman?
3. What is Treebeard's motto?
4. Who is following Sam and Frodo as they are journeying towards Mordor?
5. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)