|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 8 | Book 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
(a) He and his brother had a dream about the sword of Isildur.
(b) He wants to prove his valor as a future king of Gondor.
(c) His kingdom is failing, and he needs power.
(d) He is estranged from his father, and ran there for sanctuary.
2. What is on the head of the statue of a king that Frodo and Sam see as they journey to the less traveled path to Mordor?
(a) A written message from Gandalf.
(b) A warning to all who pass.
(c) A rare form of moss.
(d) A crown of flowers.
3. Why does Aragorn decide to travel on boats down the river when they leave Lothlorien?
(a) They can move faster in the water.
(b) He saw them traveling this way in Galadriel's mirror.
(c) Orcs cannot follow tracks of a boat in water.
(d) He has not decided which side of the river he wants to travel on.
4. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
5. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
(a) The evil spirits who inhabit the trees.
(b) The Withywindle River.
(c) The spells cast on it by wizards.
(d) The strong imagination of the hobbits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gollum's kinder split pesonality?
2. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
3. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
4. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
5. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)