|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 8 | Book 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
(b) The river.
(c) A dragon.
(d) An elven spell.
2. How does Treebeard describe Saruman when he takes Merry and Pippin to his home?
(a) He is the enemy of nature.
(b) He is a man poisoned by greed and blind to evil.
(c) He was once a gracious man.
(d) He has a mind of metal and wheels.
3. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
(a) Sam is very sick after sampling some of Goldberry's wine.
(b) Merry is still suffering from the injury he received from the Willow.
(c) They have run out of food.
(d) It is raining too hard for them to leave.
4. What do Frodo and Sam just barely escape the notice of on the bridge to Minas Morgul.
(a) Faramir's men.
(b) A host of evil ghosts returning to Mordor.
(c) A troop of Mordor men on Oliphants.
(d) A ringwraithe and an army of orcs.
5. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
(b) He runs away with it laughing.
(c) He screams out in pain because it burns him.
(d) He vanishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
2. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
3. Where did Saruman run when Isengard was being attacked?
4. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
5. What mysterious force are the orcs using to make holes in the walls of the fortress?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)