|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 8 | Book 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
2. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Aragor and Arwen.
(b) Bilbo and Fatty.
(c) Merry and Pippen.
(d) Boromir and Faramir.
3. What does Gandalf do when he is rebuked by Theodyn as they enter his hall?
(a) He bows down in respect.
(b) He heals the king.
(c) He smites Wormtongue.
(d) He rebukes him right back.
4. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
(a) A mysterious elf.
(c) A Balrog.
5. Who destroyed Isengard?
(a) The orcs.
(b) The Ents.
(c) The army of Mordor.
(d) The army of Rohan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frodo request what he does from the men as he is escorted away from the waterfall?
2. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
3. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
4. What did Merry do to several orcs without any of them trying to hurt him and Pippin?
5. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)