|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 8 | Book 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
(a) Sam is drowning.
(b) He is afraid to be alone.
(c) Sam is his best friend.
(d) He knows that he can trust Sam to not try to take the Ring.
2. What news does Legolas share during the council of the ring that is upsetting to Gandalf?
(a) A Ringwraith has been spotted near Rivendell.
(b) Sauron knows where the ring is.
(c) Gollum has escaped.
(d) The elves will have nothing to do with the evil ring and its fate.
3. How long is an ell?
(a) 45 yards.
(b) 450 centimeters.
(c) 45 inches.
(d) 4.5 feet.
4. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It becomes hot and burns him.
(b) It becomes freezing cold.
(c) It cuts his finger.
(d) It disintegrates.
5. What is Gollum doing in the pool by the waterfall when Faramir sees him?
(a) Plotting to kill Frodo.
(b) Catching fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the head of the statue of a king that Frodo and Sam see as they journey to the less traveled path to Mordor?
2. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
3. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
4. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
5. What is surprising about the orcs that attacked the fellowship at the seat of Amon Lhaw?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)