|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 8 | Book 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
(a) They will never tear.
(b) They can blend into the background.
(c) They will never be cold while wearing them.
(d) They will grow or shrink to fit the person wearing them.
2. What does Gollum see after their climb up the stairs that softens his heart towards Sam for a moment?
(a) Sam crying and praying for Frodo.
(b) Sam giving of his food to Frodo.
(c) Sam and Frodo sleeping.
(d) Sam talking to Frodo about how helpful Gollum has been.
3. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
(a) A sword.
(b) A word.
(c) His hands.
(d) His Staff.
4. Who is conspicuously absent from the feast at Rivendell after Frodo wakes up?
5. What news does Legolas share during the council of the ring that is upsetting to Gandalf?
(a) Gollum has escaped.
(b) Sauron knows where the ring is.
(c) A Ringwraith has been spotted near Rivendell.
(d) The elves will have nothing to do with the evil ring and its fate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
2. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
3. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
4. Who does Frodo tell the leader of the band of men in Ithilien has been killed?
5. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)