|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 8 | Book 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Aragor find in Fangorn forest when they follow the tracks of Merry and Pippin?
(a) Saruman the White.
(c) Gandalf the White.
(d) Merry and Pippin.
2. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) A map.
(b) Some weapons.
(c) Some food.
(d) An intricate piece of jewelery.
3. What gift from Theoden does Gandalf gladly accept?
(a) A robe of lovely white silk.
(b) Shadowfax, the horse.
(c) A promise to unite with Gondor.
(d) A place in the king's counsel.
4. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
(a) Live in Frodo's house and keep Frodo's absence a secret.
(b) Follow a day's length behind them to ward off any coming danger.
(c) Take over his farm and grow rich off the proceeds.
(d) Sell his house for a profit.
5. Who destroyed Isengard?
(a) The army of Rohan.
(b) The Ents.
(c) The army of Mordor.
(d) The orcs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Gandalf allowed to keep his staff when entering Theodyn's hall?
2. How long is an ell?
3. What did Merry do to several orcs without any of them trying to hurt him and Pippin?
4. What is Tom symbolic of?
5. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)