|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 8 | Book 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gollum refuse to eat the rabbits that Sam prepares?
(a) He fears that Sam will poison him.
(b) He never eats in front of people.
(c) He hates herbs from the shire.
(d) He only eats raw meat.
2. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
(a) Rotten, shriveling corpses.
(b) Tall, ghostly, shimmering kings.
(c) Full of worms and spiders.
(d) Black and inky.
3. What does Gandalf do when he is rebuked by Theodyn as they enter his hall?
(a) He rebukes him right back.
(b) He heals the king.
(c) He smites Wormtongue.
(d) He bows down in respect.
4. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Merry and Pippen.
(b) Aragor and Arwen.
(c) Boromir and Faramir.
(d) Bilbo and Fatty.
5. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
2. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
3. Where do the fellowship member who were at Isengard ride after the parley with Saruman?
4. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
5. How is Saruman a traitor to Sauran?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)