|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 8 | Book 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
(a) Live in Frodo's house and keep Frodo's absence a secret.
(b) Take over his farm and grow rich off the proceeds.
(c) Sell his house for a profit.
(d) Follow a day's length behind them to ward off any coming danger.
2. What does Faramir say when he hears of the route Frodo plans to take to get to Mordor?
(a) That he has never heard of it.
(b) That he agrees that it is the safest route.
(c) That Frodo should choose any other route.
(d) That there are many unknown terrors along that route.
3. Where did Saruman run when Isengard was being attacked?
(a) The tower of Orthnac.
(b) The abyss of the earth.
(c) Towards the path to Mordor.
(d) The Main turret castle of Isengard.
4. Why does Aragorn decide to travel on boats down the river when they leave Lothlorien?
(a) He saw them traveling this way in Galadriel's mirror.
(b) He has not decided which side of the river he wants to travel on.
(c) They can move faster in the water.
(d) Orcs cannot follow tracks of a boat in water.
5. What are the Dunlendings forced to do as punishment for joining the attack on Rohan?
(a) Pay half of their harvest as a payment for the lands ruined in the battle.
(b) Build mounds for the dead and stack orc corpses.
(c) Enlist in the Rohan army.
(d) Become a territory of Rohan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
2. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
3. What does Sam hear in the bushes after he cooks the two rabbits?
4. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
5. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)