|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 8 | Book 4, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Gandalf allowed to keep his staff when entering Theodyn's hall?
(a) He tricks the guard.
(b) He bewitches his staff to be invisible.
(c) He threatens the guard.
(d) He hides his staff.
2. Who does Frodo tell the leader of the band of men in Ithilien has been killed?
3. Who does Aragor find in Fangorn forest when they follow the tracks of Merry and Pippin?
(b) Merry and Pippin.
(c) Gandalf the White.
(d) Saruman the White.
4. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
(a) He runs to the Gaffer's house and hide behind the barrells of ale.
(b) He escapes out a back door.
(c) He lies to them and sends them in the opposite direction.
(d) He holds his breath and pretends to be dead.
5. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
(a) The smell.
(b) The darkness.
(c) The moisture.
(d) The cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift from Theoden does Gandalf gladly accept?
2. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
3. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
4. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
5. What is Frodo's greatest hope, according to the White wizard?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)