|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aragorn hear while at the seat of Amon Lhaw that sends him running in the other direction?
(a) Boramir's horn.
(b) Merry and Pippen screaming.
(c) A Nazgul laughing and screeching.
(d) The call of the orcs.
2. Who does the monster in the water outside the doors of Moria attack first?
3. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) An intricate piece of jewelery.
(b) Some food.
(c) Some weapons.
(d) A map.
4. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
(a) He is happy to have avoided harm.
(b) He is afraid that there may be more danger involved now that he has joined them.
(c) He is disappointed about missing the action.
(d) He is excited to show his bravery during the next trial they will face.
5. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
(a) A mysterious elf.
(c) A Balrog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom symbolic of?
2. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
3. What is Treebeard's motto?
4. How many doors are there for Gandalf to choose from when he becomes stumped while traveling through Moria?
5. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)