|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
(a) He is disappointed about missing the action.
(b) He is afraid that there may be more danger involved now that he has joined them.
(c) He is excited to show his bravery during the next trial they will face.
(d) He is happy to have avoided harm.
2. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
3. What does Aragorn hear while at the seat of Amon Lhaw that sends him running in the other direction?
(a) Boramir's horn.
(b) A Nazgul laughing and screeching.
(c) Merry and Pippen screaming.
(d) The call of the orcs.
4. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
5. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
(a) Some foot prints.
(b) A strip from Gandalf's robe,
(c) A note scratched on a rock.
(d) The remains of a campfire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
2. How long does the Entmoot last before they decide to attack Isengard?
3. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
4. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
5. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)