|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It becomes freezing cold.
(b) It disintegrates.
(c) It becomes hot and burns him.
(d) It cuts his finger.
2. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
3. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
(a) He was held captive.
(b) He had other pressing matters to attend to.
(c) He was angry at Frodo for his lack of response to a letter.
(d) He simply forgot the details of his promise.
4. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) A letter from Gandalf.
(b) A pint of mead from Moria.
(c) Instructions from Bilbo.
(d) Some weapons from the elves.
5. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
(a) He sings a call for Tom.
(b) He uses the elven sword to fight for them.
(c) He is paralyzed in fear and passes out.
(d) He runs around blindly trying to save them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
2. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
3. What pulls Gandalf down into the abyss with the Balrog?
4. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
5. Why does Aragorn decide to travel on boats down the river when they leave Lothlorien?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)