|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
2. Why was Gandalf not welcome any longer in King Theoden's hall, according to Eomer?
(a) He tried to forge a union between Rohan and Gondor.
(b) He attempted to kill Grima.
(c) He offended the king.
(d) He brought nothing but bad news.
3. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
(a) He sings a call for Tom.
(b) He runs around blindly trying to save them.
(c) He is paralyzed in fear and passes out.
(d) He uses the elven sword to fight for them.
4. How does Frodo escape when Boramir tries to steal the Ring from him?
(a) He puts on the ring and vanishes from sight.
(b) He begins to cry, and Boramir feels instant remorse.
(c) He promises to give it to Boramir when they reach Mordor.
(d) He runs and hides with his elven cloak.
5. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
(a) 3 Dwarves.
(b) A brown Wizard.
(c) A camp of elves.
(d) A warm hearted ranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
2. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
3. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
4. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
5. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)