|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the monster in the water outside the doors of Moria attack first?
2. What do the hobbits wake to after taking a nap in the Burrow Downs?
(a) They are sinking in a mud pit.
(b) Their baggage has been stolen.
(c) They are in the middle of a deep fog.
(d) They are being followed by many tiny creatures.
3. Why does Frodo choose to continue his journey alone?
(a) He saw himself travelling alone in Galadriel's mirror.
(b) He wants the ring for himself.
(c) He knows that the Ring poses too much danger to his friends.
(d) He is afraid of Boramir.
4. How does Frodo escape when Boramir tries to steal the Ring from him?
(a) He runs and hides with his elven cloak.
(b) He promises to give it to Boramir when they reach Mordor.
(c) He puts on the ring and vanishes from sight.
(d) He begins to cry, and Boramir feels instant remorse.
5. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
(a) He found it in the road one day.
(b) He stole it from Isildur.
(c) He killed his friend to gain possession of it.
(d) It was given to him by a strange family friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Gandalf allowed to keep his staff when entering Theodyn's hall?
2. How does Treebeard describe Saruman when he takes Merry and Pippin to his home?
3. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
4. What does Aragorn hear while at the seat of Amon Lhaw that sends him running in the other direction?
5. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)