|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
(a) The spells cast on it by wizards.
(b) The strong imagination of the hobbits.
(c) The Withywindle River.
(d) The evil spirits who inhabit the trees.
2. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
(a) Speaks to him in the dwarvish tongue.
(b) Gives him a gift.
(c) Speaks to the party of all the greatness of the dwarves.
(d) Sings a tribute for Balin.
3. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
(a) He sings a call for Tom.
(b) He is paralyzed in fear and passes out.
(c) He uses the elven sword to fight for them.
(d) He runs around blindly trying to save them.
4. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(d) A Dark Rider.
5. What is surprising about the orcs that attacked the fellowship at the seat of Amon Lhaw?
(a) They were not prepared well for battle, but were sent in large numbers.
(b) They attacked in daylight.
(c) They were too easy to kill.
(d) They are not from Mordor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
2. Who is the first to offer to take the ring to be destroyed, but is refused?
3. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
4. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
5. How does Frodo escape when Boramir tries to steal the Ring from him?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)