|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
(a) He vanishes.
(c) He screams out in pain because it burns him.
(d) He runs away with it laughing.
2. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(c) A Dark Rider.
3. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
(a) Rushing to tell Pippen to be quiet.
(b) Speaking to the bartender of the Prancing Pony.
(c) Trying to hide from Strider.
(d) Singing and dancing on a table.
4. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
(a) They show the hobbits a hall made of trees.
(b) They cast an enchantment of safety over them.
(c) They offer an escort to get them to their destination.
(d) They give them weapons to fight the dark riders with.
5. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) An intricate piece of jewelery.
(b) Some food.
(c) A map.
(d) Some weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
2. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
3. Who is conspicuously absent from the feast at Rivendell after Frodo wakes up?
4. How long did the companions spend in Lothlorien before continuing their journey?
5. How is Gandalf allowed to keep his staff when entering Theodyn's hall?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)