|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
(a) It mirrors the mountains and stars even in the sunlight.
(b) It is pure water with healing powers.
(c) It is filled with blood.
(d) It is a burial ground for Dwarf warriors.
2. How does Treebeard describe Saruman when he takes Merry and Pippin to his home?
(a) He has a mind of metal and wheels.
(b) He is a man poisoned by greed and blind to evil.
(c) He is the enemy of nature.
(d) He was once a gracious man.
3. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) Instructions from Bilbo.
(b) Some weapons from the elves.
(c) A letter from Gandalf.
(d) A pint of mead from Moria.
4. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
(a) A warm hearted ranger.
(b) A camp of elves.
(c) A brown Wizard.
(d) 3 Dwarves.
5. What news does Legolas share during the council of the ring that is upsetting to Gandalf?
(a) A Ringwraith has been spotted near Rivendell.
(b) Gollum has escaped.
(c) The elves will have nothing to do with the evil ring and its fate.
(d) Sauron knows where the ring is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
2. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
3. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
4. What does Gandalf do when he is rebuked by Theodyn as they enter his hall?
5. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)