|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
2. What is Frodo's greatest hope, according to the White wizard?
(a) Sauran thinks Frodo is with Aragorn.
(b) The Ring is losing its power.
(c) Sauran has emtpied Mordor to attack Minas Tirith.
(d) Frodo is so small that he will not fall in the path of the great eye.
3. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
(a) That they split with him the gifts they will get at Rivendell.
(b) That they allow him to wear the ring while at the Prancing Pony.
(c) That they let him be their guide.
(d) That they promise to not tell Gandalf he was there.
4. What does Aragorn hear while at the seat of Amon Lhaw that sends him running in the other direction?
(a) Boramir's horn.
(b) Merry and Pippen screaming.
(c) The call of the orcs.
(d) A Nazgul laughing and screeching.
5. How does Frodo escape when Boramir tries to steal the Ring from him?
(a) He runs and hides with his elven cloak.
(b) He begins to cry, and Boramir feels instant remorse.
(c) He puts on the ring and vanishes from sight.
(d) He promises to give it to Boramir when they reach Mordor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
2. How is Gandalf allowed to keep his staff when entering Theodyn's hall?
3. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
4. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
5. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)