|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
(a) They offer an escort to get them to their destination.
(b) They give them weapons to fight the dark riders with.
(c) They cast an enchantment of safety over them.
(d) They show the hobbits a hall made of trees.
2. What news does Legolas share during the council of the ring that is upsetting to Gandalf?
(a) A Ringwraith has been spotted near Rivendell.
(b) Gollum has escaped.
(c) The elves will have nothing to do with the evil ring and its fate.
(d) Sauron knows where the ring is.
3. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
4. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
(a) A mysterious elf.
(d) A Balrog.
5. What is so different about the Old forest?
(a) The trees are all dead.
(b) The trees house evil spirits.
(c) The trees talk to the people who journey through it.
(d) The trees are alive and aware of who enters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the monster in the water outside the doors of Moria attack first?
2. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
3. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
4. What gift from Theoden does Gandalf gladly accept?
5. How is Saruman a traitor to Sauran?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)