|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gimli do when Eomer speaks harshly against Galadriel?
(a) Threatens Eomer with his axe.
(b) Agrees with him wholeheartedly.
(c) Defends her honor and her name.
(d) Stays silent out of fear.
2. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
(b) Their ponies have been stolen.
(c) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
(d) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
3. What does Aragorn choose to do when he sees that Frodo and Sam have taken one of the boats?
(a) Ask the Lorien elves for advice.
(b) Try to catch up with them.
(c) Find and rescue Merry and Pippen.
(d) Send half the party after Merry and Pippen, and the other half after Frodo.
4. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
5. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(c) A Dark Rider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Bilbo give Frodo before Frodo sets out on his mission to destroy the Ring?
2. Who is the first to offer to take the ring to be destroyed, but is refused?
3. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
4. How is Saruman a traitor to Sauran?
5. What did Merry do to several orcs without any of them trying to hurt him and Pippin?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)