|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Treebeard's motto?
(a) Do not be hasty.
(b) Thinking takes time.
(c) The good will cherish nature.
(d) Trust the small and hate the large.
2. What does Sam see in Galadriel's mirror that makes him beg to return to the Shire?
(a) The Black Nights killing his father.
(b) Ted Sandyman cutting down all the trees in the Shire.
(c) Rosy getting married to Fatty.
(d) A pile of burnt rubble where his town used to be.
3. Why was Gandalf not welcome any longer in King Theoden's hall, according to Eomer?
(a) He offended the king.
(b) He attempted to kill Grima.
(c) He tried to forge a union between Rohan and Gondor.
(d) He brought nothing but bad news.
4. How does Frodo escape when Boramir tries to steal the Ring from him?
(a) He puts on the ring and vanishes from sight.
(b) He begins to cry, and Boramir feels instant remorse.
(c) He promises to give it to Boramir when they reach Mordor.
(d) He runs and hides with his elven cloak.
5. What does Aragorn hear while at the seat of Amon Lhaw that sends him running in the other direction?
(a) Merry and Pippen screaming.
(b) The call of the orcs.
(c) A Nazgul laughing and screeching.
(d) Boramir's horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
2. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
3. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
4. What is found on the ground during the fellowship's journey that lets them know that Merry and Pippen are still alive?
5. Why does Frodo choose to continue his journey alone?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)