|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
(a) They can blend into the background.
(b) They will grow or shrink to fit the person wearing them.
(c) They will never tear.
(d) They will never be cold while wearing them.
2. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It cuts his finger.
(b) It disintegrates.
(c) It becomes freezing cold.
(d) It becomes hot and burns him.
3. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
(a) Sam is drowning.
(b) He knows that he can trust Sam to not try to take the Ring.
(c) He is afraid to be alone.
(d) Sam is his best friend.
4. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
5. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
(a) A note scratched on a rock.
(b) Some foot prints.
(c) A strip from Gandalf's robe,
(d) The remains of a campfire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found on the ground during the fellowship's journey that lets them know that Merry and Pippen are still alive?
2. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
3. How long does the Entmoot last before they decide to attack Isengard?
4. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
5. Who is conspicuously absent from the feast at Rivendell after Frodo wakes up?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)