|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
(a) Sam is drowning.
(b) Sam is his best friend.
(c) He is afraid to be alone.
(d) He knows that he can trust Sam to not try to take the Ring.
2. What pulls Gandalf down into the abyss with the Balrog?
(a) The Balrog's chain.
(b) A menacing troll.
(c) The Balrog's whip.
(d) The Balrog's claw.
3. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) An intricate piece of jewelery.
(b) Some weapons.
(c) A map.
(d) Some food.
4. What does Aragorn choose to do when he sees that Frodo and Sam have taken one of the boats?
(a) Send half the party after Merry and Pippen, and the other half after Frodo.
(b) Try to catch up with them.
(c) Ask the Lorien elves for advice.
(d) Find and rescue Merry and Pippen.
5. What gift from Theoden does Gandalf gladly accept?
(a) Shadowfax, the horse.
(b) A promise to unite with Gondor.
(c) A robe of lovely white silk.
(d) A place in the king's counsel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
2. How does Treebeard describe Saruman when he takes Merry and Pippin to his home?
3. How long did the companions spend in Lothlorien before continuing their journey?
4. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
5. What does Gandalf do when he is rebuked by Theodyn as they enter his hall?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)