|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is found on the ground during the fellowship's journey that lets them know that Merry and Pippen are still alive?
(b) A brooch from their elven cloaks.
(c) A piece of their clothing.
(d) A pile of kambas bread.
2. What did Merry do to several orcs without any of them trying to hurt him and Pippin?
(a) Praised Boramir.
(b) Cut off their hands.
(c) Insulted them.
(d) Threw stones at them.
3. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
(b) He screams out in pain because it burns him.
(c) He runs away with it laughing.
(d) He vanishes.
4. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
(a) He is paralyzed in fear and passes out.
(b) He sings a call for Tom.
(c) He runs around blindly trying to save them.
(d) He uses the elven sword to fight for them.
5. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Bilbo and Fatty.
(b) Aragor and Arwen.
(c) Boromir and Faramir.
(d) Merry and Pippen.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
2. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
3. What gift does Bilbo give Frodo before Frodo sets out on his mission to destroy the Ring?
4. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
5. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)