|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
(a) It is a burial ground for Dwarf warriors.
(b) It mirrors the mountains and stars even in the sunlight.
(c) It is filled with blood.
(d) It is pure water with healing powers.
2. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
(a) An old hag.
(c) An arm.
(d) An angry tree root.
3. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
(a) He was held captive.
(b) He simply forgot the details of his promise.
(c) He was angry at Frodo for his lack of response to a letter.
(d) He had other pressing matters to attend to.
4. What does Gimli do when Eomer speaks harshly against Galadriel?
(a) Stays silent out of fear.
(b) Agrees with him wholeheartedly.
(c) Threatens Eomer with his axe.
(d) Defends her honor and her name.
5. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) An intricate piece of jewelery.
(b) A map.
(c) Some weapons.
(d) Some food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
2. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
3. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
4. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
5. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)