|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is conspicuously absent from the feast at Rivendell after Frodo wakes up?
2. What is Tom symbolic of?
(c) The Earth.
3. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
(a) He simply forgot the details of his promise.
(b) He was angry at Frodo for his lack of response to a letter.
(c) He was held captive.
(d) He had other pressing matters to attend to.
4. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
(a) It mirrors the mountains and stars even in the sunlight.
(b) It is filled with blood.
(c) It is pure water with healing powers.
(d) It is a burial ground for Dwarf warriors.
5. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Merry do to several orcs without any of them trying to hurt him and Pippin?
2. What do the hobbits wake to after taking a nap in the Burrow Downs?
3. What gift from Theoden does Gandalf gladly accept?
4. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
5. Who does Aragor find in Fangorn forest when they follow the tracks of Merry and Pippin?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)