|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many doors are there for Gandalf to choose from when he becomes stumped while traveling through Moria?
2. What does Aragorn choose to do when he sees that Frodo and Sam have taken one of the boats?
(a) Ask the Lorien elves for advice.
(b) Find and rescue Merry and Pippen.
(c) Send half the party after Merry and Pippen, and the other half after Frodo.
(d) Try to catch up with them.
3. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
4. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
(a) A warm hearted ranger.
(b) A brown Wizard.
(c) 3 Dwarves.
(d) A camp of elves.
5. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
(a) They can blend into the background.
(b) They will never tear.
(c) They will never be cold while wearing them.
(d) They will grow or shrink to fit the person wearing them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
2. Who is the first to offer to take the ring to be destroyed, but is refused?
3. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
4. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
5. What does Gimli do when Eomer speaks harshly against Galadriel?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)