|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
(a) They cast an enchantment of safety over them.
(b) They show the hobbits a hall made of trees.
(c) They offer an escort to get them to their destination.
(d) They give them weapons to fight the dark riders with.
2. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
(a) He knows that he can trust Sam to not try to take the Ring.
(b) Sam is his best friend.
(c) Sam is drowning.
(d) He is afraid to be alone.
3. What is so different about the Old forest?
(a) The trees talk to the people who journey through it.
(b) The trees house evil spirits.
(c) The trees are all dead.
(d) The trees are alive and aware of who enters.
4. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
(a) Merry is still suffering from the injury he received from the Willow.
(b) They have run out of food.
(c) It is raining too hard for them to leave.
(d) Sam is very sick after sampling some of Goldberry's wine.
5. Who does Aragor find in Fangorn forest when they follow the tracks of Merry and Pippin?
(a) Saruman the White.
(c) Merry and Pippin.
(d) Gandalf the White.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Galadriel's gift to Sam?
2. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
3. Why was Gandalf not welcome any longer in King Theoden's hall, according to Eomer?
4. How is Saruman a traitor to Sauran?
5. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)