|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
(a) That they split with him the gifts they will get at Rivendell.
(b) That they let him be their guide.
(c) That they promise to not tell Gandalf he was there.
(d) That they allow him to wear the ring while at the Prancing Pony.
2. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
3. Who does Aragor find in Fangorn forest when they follow the tracks of Merry and Pippin?
(a) Merry and Pippin.
(c) Saruman the White.
(d) Gandalf the White.
4. How many doors are there for Gandalf to choose from when he becomes stumped while traveling through Moria?
5. What is Frodo's greatest hope, according to the White wizard?
(a) The Ring is losing its power.
(b) Frodo is so small that he will not fall in the path of the great eye.
(c) Sauran has emtpied Mordor to attack Minas Tirith.
(d) Sauran thinks Frodo is with Aragorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
2. What does Aragorn hear while at the seat of Amon Lhaw that sends him running in the other direction?
3. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
5. What is surprising about the orcs that attacked the fellowship at the seat of Amon Lhaw?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)