|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
(a) Protection from the elves.
(c) A crocadilly.
(d) Orc spies.
2. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
3. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) Their ponies have been stolen.
(b) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
(c) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
(d) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
4. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Moria with the Dwarves.
(b) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
(c) Rohan with the Horsemen.
(d) Rivendell with the Elves.
5. Who is the first to offer to take the ring to be destroyed, but is refused?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Gandalf allowed to keep his staff when entering Theodyn's hall?
2. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
3. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
4. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
5. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)