|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frodo's greatest hope, according to the White wizard?
(a) Sauran thinks Frodo is with Aragorn.
(b) The Ring is losing its power.
(c) Sauran has emtpied Mordor to attack Minas Tirith.
(d) Frodo is so small that he will not fall in the path of the great eye.
2. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
(a) He holds his breath and pretends to be dead.
(b) He lies to them and sends them in the opposite direction.
(c) He runs to the Gaffer's house and hide behind the barrells of ale.
(d) He escapes out a back door.
3. Why does Aragorn decide to travel on boats down the river when they leave Lothlorien?
(a) They can move faster in the water.
(b) He has not decided which side of the river he wants to travel on.
(c) He saw them traveling this way in Galadriel's mirror.
(d) Orcs cannot follow tracks of a boat in water.
4. How does Treebeard describe Saruman when he takes Merry and Pippin to his home?
(a) He was once a gracious man.
(b) He is a man poisoned by greed and blind to evil.
(c) He is the enemy of nature.
(d) He has a mind of metal and wheels.
5. Who is conspicuously absent from the feast at Rivendell after Frodo wakes up?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the Entmoot last before they decide to attack Isengard?
2. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
3. What is so different about the Old forest?
4. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
5. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)