|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
2. How is Saruman a traitor to Sauran?
(a) He plans to fight with Aragorn against Sauran.
(b) He is preparing an army with the power of Mordor to attack Mordor.
(c) He plans to take the ring for himself.
(d) He is trying to create a ring more pwerful that the One Ring.
3. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
(a) Sings a tribute for Balin.
(b) Speaks to him in the dwarvish tongue.
(c) Gives him a gift.
(d) Speaks to the party of all the greatness of the dwarves.
4. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
(a) 7 Months.
(b) 7 Years.
(c) 17 Years.
(d) 7 Days.
5. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
(a) Tall, ghostly, shimmering kings.
(b) Rotten, shriveling corpses.
(c) Full of worms and spiders.
(d) Black and inky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
2. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
3. What is found on the ground during the fellowship's journey that lets them know that Merry and Pippen are still alive?
4. What is surprising about the orcs that attacked the fellowship at the seat of Amon Lhaw?
5. What is Frodo's greatest hope, according to the White wizard?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)