|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 5 | Book 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Legolas share during the council of the ring that is upsetting to Gandalf?
(a) Gollum has escaped.
(b) A Ringwraith has been spotted near Rivendell.
(c) The elves will have nothing to do with the evil ring and its fate.
(d) Sauron knows where the ring is.
2. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
(a) She fears her husband would kill her to gain the Ring for himself.
(b) She has seen a vision of Frodo destroying the ring himself.
(c) She sees what the future would be like if she did.
(d) She already has one of the rings, and knows she cannot control the power of two.
3. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
(a) He was held captive.
(b) He had other pressing matters to attend to.
(c) He simply forgot the details of his promise.
(d) He was angry at Frodo for his lack of response to a letter.
4. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
(a) The remains of a campfire.
(b) A note scratched on a rock.
(c) Some foot prints.
(d) A strip from Gandalf's robe,
5. What does Aragorn choose to do when he sees that Frodo and Sam have taken one of the boats?
(a) Try to catch up with them.
(b) Find and rescue Merry and Pippen.
(c) Ask the Lorien elves for advice.
(d) Send half the party after Merry and Pippen, and the other half after Frodo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frodo choose to continue his journey alone?
2. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
3. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
4. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
5. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)