|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
(a) He found it in the road one day.
(b) It was given to him by a strange family friend.
(c) He killed his friend to gain possession of it.
(d) He stole it from Isildur.
2. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
(a) He was held captive.
(b) He had other pressing matters to attend to.
(c) He was angry at Frodo for his lack of response to a letter.
(d) He simply forgot the details of his promise.
3. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
(a) A dragon.
(b) An elven spell.
(d) The river.
4. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
(a) She already has one of the rings, and knows she cannot control the power of two.
(b) She sees what the future would be like if she did.
(c) She fears her husband would kill her to gain the Ring for himself.
(d) She has seen a vision of Frodo destroying the ring himself.
5. What do the hobbits wake to after taking a nap in the Burrow Downs?
(a) Their baggage has been stolen.
(b) They are sinking in a mud pit.
(c) They are being followed by many tiny creatures.
(d) They are in the middle of a deep fog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Bilbo give Frodo before Frodo sets out on his mission to destroy the Ring?
2. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
3. Who does the monster in the water outside the doors of Moria attack first?
4. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
5. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)