|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
(a) 7 Years.
(b) 7 Days.
(c) 17 Years.
(d) 7 Months.
2. What does Gimli do when Eomer speaks harshly against Galadriel?
(a) Threatens Eomer with his axe.
(b) Stays silent out of fear.
(c) Defends her honor and her name.
(d) Agrees with him wholeheartedly.
3. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
(a) Singing and dancing on a table.
(b) Speaking to the bartender of the Prancing Pony.
(c) Rushing to tell Pippen to be quiet.
(d) Trying to hide from Strider.
4. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
(a) He vanishes.
(c) He screams out in pain because it burns him.
(d) He runs away with it laughing.
5. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Rohan with the Horsemen.
(b) Moria with the Dwarves.
(c) Rivendell with the Elves.
(d) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is surprising about the orcs that attacked the fellowship at the seat of Amon Lhaw?
2. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
3. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
4. How does Frodo escape when Boramir tries to steal the Ring from him?
5. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)