|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to offer to take the ring to be destroyed, but is refused?
2. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
(a) They can blend into the background.
(b) They will never tear.
(c) They will never be cold while wearing them.
(d) They will grow or shrink to fit the person wearing them.
3. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
(a) It is a burial ground for Dwarf warriors.
(b) It is pure water with healing powers.
(c) It mirrors the mountains and stars even in the sunlight.
(d) It is filled with blood.
4. What does Gimli do when Eomer speaks harshly against Galadriel?
(a) Agrees with him wholeheartedly.
(b) Defends her honor and her name.
(c) Threatens Eomer with his axe.
(d) Stays silent out of fear.
5. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
(a) Sam is drowning.
(b) He knows that he can trust Sam to not try to take the Ring.
(c) He is afraid to be alone.
(d) Sam is his best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
2. How long had Frodo been unconscious when he wakes up in Rivendell?
3. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
4. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
5. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)