|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so different about the Old forest?
(a) The trees talk to the people who journey through it.
(b) The trees house evil spirits.
(c) The trees are all dead.
(d) The trees are alive and aware of who enters.
2. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
(a) Tall, ghostly, shimmering kings.
(b) Full of worms and spiders.
(c) Black and inky.
(d) Rotten, shriveling corpses.
3. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Mr. Underhill.
(b) Gandalf Stormcrow.
(c) Mr. Rider
(d) Bilbo Baggins.
4. How long did the companions spend in Lothlorien before continuing their journey?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) 3 days.
(d) A month.
5. What is found on the ground during the fellowship's journey that lets them know that Merry and Pippen are still alive?
(b) A pile of kambas bread.
(c) A brooch from their elven cloaks.
(d) A piece of their clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
2. What does Gimli do when Eomer speaks harshly against Galadriel?
3. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
4. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
5. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)