|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to offer to take the ring to be destroyed, but is refused?
2. How does Frodo escape when Boramir tries to steal the Ring from him?
(a) He puts on the ring and vanishes from sight.
(b) He promises to give it to Boramir when they reach Mordor.
(c) He begins to cry, and Boramir feels instant remorse.
(d) He runs and hides with his elven cloak.
3. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
(a) 7 Days.
(b) 7 Months.
(c) 17 Years.
(d) 7 Years.
4. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
(a) The spells cast on it by wizards.
(b) The Withywindle River.
(c) The evil spirits who inhabit the trees.
(d) The strong imagination of the hobbits.
5. Who is conspicuously absent from the feast at Rivendell after Frodo wakes up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
2. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
3. What gift does Bilbo give Frodo before Frodo sets out on his mission to destroy the Ring?
4. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
5. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)