|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
2. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
(b) A Balrog.
(c) A mysterious elf.
3. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
(a) Merry is still suffering from the injury he received from the Willow.
(b) Sam is very sick after sampling some of Goldberry's wine.
(c) It is raining too hard for them to leave.
(d) They have run out of food.
4. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) A pint of mead from Moria.
(b) Instructions from Bilbo.
(c) Some weapons from the elves.
(d) A letter from Gandalf.
5. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
(a) They will never tear.
(b) They will never be cold while wearing them.
(c) They will grow or shrink to fit the person wearing them.
(d) They can blend into the background.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
2. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
3. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
4. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
5. Why does Aragorn decide to travel on boats down the river when they leave Lothlorien?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)