|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
2. What news does Legolas share during the council of the ring that is upsetting to Gandalf?
(a) Gollum has escaped.
(b) A Ringwraith has been spotted near Rivendell.
(c) The elves will have nothing to do with the evil ring and its fate.
(d) Sauron knows where the ring is.
3. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
4. What is found on the ground during the fellowship's journey that lets them know that Merry and Pippen are still alive?
(a) A brooch from their elven cloaks.
(c) A pile of kambas bread.
(d) A piece of their clothing.
5. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
2. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
3. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
4. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
5. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)