|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
2. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
(b) A mysterious elf.
(c) A Balrog.
3. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
(a) The Ring itself.
(b) Half the jewels of Moria.
(c) A star.
(d) The entire Shire.
4. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
(a) Tall, ghostly, shimmering kings.
(b) Black and inky.
(c) Full of worms and spiders.
(d) Rotten, shriveling corpses.
5. Why was Gandalf not welcome any longer in King Theoden's hall, according to Eomer?
(a) He offended the king.
(b) He attempted to kill Grima.
(c) He brought nothing but bad news.
(d) He tried to forge a union between Rohan and Gondor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found on the ground during the fellowship's journey that lets them know that Merry and Pippen are still alive?
2. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
3. What is Galadriel's gift to Sam?
4. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
5. Why does Aragorn decide to travel on boats down the river when they leave Lothlorien?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)