|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Frodo been unconscious when he wakes up in Rivendell?
(a) 4 months and 3 weeks.
(b) 4 nights and 3 days.
(c) 3 days and 4 nights.
(d) 3 weeks and 4 days.
2. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
(a) Speaks to him in the dwarvish tongue.
(b) Speaks to the party of all the greatness of the dwarves.
(c) Sings a tribute for Balin.
(d) Gives him a gift.
3. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
4. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
(a) Black and inky.
(b) Tall, ghostly, shimmering kings.
(c) Full of worms and spiders.
(d) Rotten, shriveling corpses.
5. How does Frodo escape when Boramir tries to steal the Ring from him?
(a) He begins to cry, and Boramir feels instant remorse.
(b) He puts on the ring and vanishes from sight.
(c) He promises to give it to Boramir when they reach Mordor.
(d) He runs and hides with his elven cloak.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
2. Why does Aragorn decide to travel on boats down the river when they leave Lothlorien?
3. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
4. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
5. Why was Gandalf not welcome any longer in King Theoden's hall, according to Eomer?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)