|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
(a) A warm hearted ranger.
(b) A brown Wizard.
(c) A camp of elves.
(d) 3 Dwarves.
2. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
(a) That they split with him the gifts they will get at Rivendell.
(b) That they let him be their guide.
(c) That they allow him to wear the ring while at the Prancing Pony.
(d) That they promise to not tell Gandalf he was there.
3. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
(a) He was held captive.
(b) He was angry at Frodo for his lack of response to a letter.
(c) He had other pressing matters to attend to.
(d) He simply forgot the details of his promise.
4. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
(a) Half the jewels of Moria.
(b) A star.
(c) The entire Shire.
(d) The Ring itself.
5. What is found on the ground during the fellowship's journey that lets them know that Merry and Pippen are still alive?
(a) A piece of their clothing.
(b) A brooch from their elven cloaks.
(d) A pile of kambas bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
2. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
3. Who is the first to offer to take the ring to be destroyed, but is refused?
4. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
5. What do the hobbits wake to after taking a nap in the Burrow Downs?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)