|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
(a) He is afraid to be alone.
(b) Sam is his best friend.
(c) Sam is drowning.
(d) He knows that he can trust Sam to not try to take the Ring.
2. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Rohan with the Horsemen.
(b) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
(c) Rivendell with the Elves.
(d) Moria with the Dwarves.
3. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Gandalf Stormcrow.
(b) Mr. Rider
(c) Mr. Underhill.
(d) Bilbo Baggins.
4. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
5. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
(a) Sam is very sick after sampling some of Goldberry's wine.
(b) Merry is still suffering from the injury he received from the Willow.
(c) They have run out of food.
(d) It is raining too hard for them to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
2. How long did the companions spend in Lothlorien before continuing their journey?
3. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
4. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
5. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)