|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Gandalf not welcome any longer in King Theoden's hall, according to Eomer?
(a) He brought nothing but bad news.
(b) He attempted to kill Grima.
(c) He offended the king.
(d) He tried to forge a union between Rohan and Gondor.
2. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
(b) Rohan with the Horsemen.
(c) Rivendell with the Elves.
(d) Moria with the Dwarves.
3. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Aragor and Arwen.
(b) Boromir and Faramir.
(c) Bilbo and Fatty.
(d) Merry and Pippen.
4. What does Aragorn hear while at the seat of Amon Lhaw that sends him running in the other direction?
(a) Boramir's horn.
(b) The call of the orcs.
(c) Merry and Pippen screaming.
(d) A Nazgul laughing and screeching.
5. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
(a) He lies to them and sends them in the opposite direction.
(b) He escapes out a back door.
(c) He holds his breath and pretends to be dead.
(d) He runs to the Gaffer's house and hide behind the barrells of ale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to offer to take the ring to be destroyed, but is refused?
2. What is Galadriel's gift to Sam?
3. What is so different about the Old forest?
4. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
5. What is Tom symbolic of?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)