|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It cuts his finger.
(b) It becomes freezing cold.
(c) It becomes hot and burns him.
(d) It disintegrates.
2. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
(a) He lies to them and sends them in the opposite direction.
(b) He escapes out a back door.
(c) He runs to the Gaffer's house and hide behind the barrells of ale.
(d) He holds his breath and pretends to be dead.
3. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
(a) They show the hobbits a hall made of trees.
(b) They give them weapons to fight the dark riders with.
(c) They cast an enchantment of safety over them.
(d) They offer an escort to get them to their destination.
4. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
(a) A camp of elves.
(b) A brown Wizard.
(c) A warm hearted ranger.
(d) 3 Dwarves.
5. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Mr. Rider
(b) Mr. Underhill.
(c) Bilbo Baggins.
(d) Gandalf Stormcrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
2. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
3. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
4. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
5. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)