|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
(b) A dragon.
(c) An elven spell.
(d) The river.
2. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
(a) The Ring itself.
(b) The entire Shire.
(c) Half the jewels of Moria.
(d) A star.
3. What does Gimli do when Eomer speaks harshly against Galadriel?
(a) Threatens Eomer with his axe.
(b) Defends her honor and her name.
(c) Stays silent out of fear.
(d) Agrees with him wholeheartedly.
4. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Gandalf Stormcrow.
(b) Bilbo Baggins.
(c) Mr. Rider
(d) Mr. Underhill.
5. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
2. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
3. Why does Aragorn decide to travel on boats down the river when they leave Lothlorien?
4. What news does Legolas share during the council of the ring that is upsetting to Gandalf?
5. What does Aragorn choose to do when he sees that Frodo and Sam have taken one of the boats?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)