|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) Instructions from Bilbo.
(b) A pint of mead from Moria.
(c) A letter from Gandalf.
(d) Some weapons from the elves.
2. What does Aragorn choose to do when he sees that Frodo and Sam have taken one of the boats?
(a) Ask the Lorien elves for advice.
(b) Try to catch up with them.
(c) Find and rescue Merry and Pippen.
(d) Send half the party after Merry and Pippen, and the other half after Frodo.
3. What does Gimli do when Eomer speaks harshly against Galadriel?
(a) Threatens Eomer with his axe.
(b) Agrees with him wholeheartedly.
(c) Defends her honor and her name.
(d) Stays silent out of fear.
4. What gift does Bilbo give Frodo before Frodo sets out on his mission to destroy the Ring?
(a) An unbreakable chain to put the ring on.
(b) A sword and a shirt of mail.
(c) A finished copy of his memiors.
(d) A set of clothing that can render him invisible.
5. What does Sam see in Galadriel's mirror that makes him beg to return to the Shire?
(a) Rosy getting married to Fatty.
(b) A pile of burnt rubble where his town used to be.
(c) The Black Nights killing his father.
(d) Ted Sandyman cutting down all the trees in the Shire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
2. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
3. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
4. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
5. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)