|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is conspicuously absent from the feast at Rivendell after Frodo wakes up?
2. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
(a) Take over his farm and grow rich off the proceeds.
(b) Live in Frodo's house and keep Frodo's absence a secret.
(c) Follow a day's length behind them to ward off any coming danger.
(d) Sell his house for a profit.
4. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
(b) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
(c) Their ponies have been stolen.
(d) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
5. How long did the companions spend in Lothlorien before continuing their journey?
(a) A month.
(b) 3 days.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) 3 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
2. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
3. What news does Legolas share during the council of the ring that is upsetting to Gandalf?
4. What does Sam see in Galadriel's mirror that makes him beg to return to the Shire?
5. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)