|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It becomes freezing cold.
(b) It becomes hot and burns him.
(c) It disintegrates.
(d) It cuts his finger.
2. What does Gimli do when Eomer speaks harshly against Galadriel?
(a) Agrees with him wholeheartedly.
(b) Threatens Eomer with his axe.
(c) Defends her honor and her name.
(d) Stays silent out of fear.
3. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
(a) "They are coming."
(b) "There were drums, drums."
(c) "There is no escape here in the deep."
(d) "Fear enfolds us and pushes us on."
4. What does Aragorn hear while at the seat of Amon Lhaw that sends him running in the other direction?
(a) Boramir's horn.
(b) A Nazgul laughing and screeching.
(c) Merry and Pippen screaming.
(d) The call of the orcs.
5. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Rivendell with the Elves.
(b) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
(c) Rohan with the Horsemen.
(d) Moria with the Dwarves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
2. What is Galadriel's gift to Sam?
3. Who is conspicuously absent from the feast at Rivendell after Frodo wakes up?
4. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
5. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)