|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
(a) They show the hobbits a hall made of trees.
(b) They give them weapons to fight the dark riders with.
(c) They offer an escort to get them to their destination.
(d) They cast an enchantment of safety over them.
2. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
(a) An old hag.
(b) An angry tree root.
(c) An arm.
3. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
4. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
5. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
(a) Sings a tribute for Balin.
(b) Speaks to the party of all the greatness of the dwarves.
(c) Gives him a gift.
(d) Speaks to him in the dwarvish tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pulls Gandalf down into the abyss with the Balrog?
2. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
3. What does Sam see in Galadriel's mirror that makes him beg to return to the Shire?
4. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
5. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)