|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Bilbo Baggins.
(b) Mr. Underhill.
(c) Mr. Rider
(d) Gandalf Stormcrow.
2. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
(a) He is not at all surprised.
(b) He tries to take the ring by force.
(c) He seems angry.
(d) He knows Frodo's name.
3. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
(a) Merry is still suffering from the injury he received from the Willow.
(b) It is raining too hard for them to leave.
(c) Sam is very sick after sampling some of Goldberry's wine.
(d) They have run out of food.
4. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
(a) Speaks to him in the dwarvish tongue.
(b) Speaks to the party of all the greatness of the dwarves.
(c) Gives him a gift.
(d) Sings a tribute for Balin.
5. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
(a) Some foot prints.
(b) The remains of a campfire.
(c) A note scratched on a rock.
(d) A strip from Gandalf's robe,
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
2. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
3. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
4. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
5. What does Gimli do when Eomer speaks harshly against Galadriel?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)