|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frodo choose to continue his journey alone?
(a) He wants the ring for himself.
(b) He saw himself travelling alone in Galadriel's mirror.
(c) He is afraid of Boramir.
(d) He knows that the Ring poses too much danger to his friends.
2. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
(a) A star.
(b) The entire Shire.
(c) Half the jewels of Moria.
(d) The Ring itself.
3. How long did the companions spend in Lothlorien before continuing their journey?
(a) 3 days.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) A month.
4. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
(a) It is filled with blood.
(b) It is a burial ground for Dwarf warriors.
(c) It mirrors the mountains and stars even in the sunlight.
(d) It is pure water with healing powers.
5. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
2. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
3. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
4. What pulls Gandalf down into the abyss with the Balrog?
5. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)