|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
(a) Some foot prints.
(b) A note scratched on a rock.
(c) The remains of a campfire.
(d) A strip from Gandalf's robe,
2. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
(b) The river.
(c) A dragon.
(d) An elven spell.
3. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
(a) He and his brother had a dream about the sword of Isildur.
(b) He wants to prove his valor as a future king of Gondor.
(c) He is estranged from his father, and ran there for sanctuary.
(d) His kingdom is failing, and he needs power.
4. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Bilbo Baggins.
(b) Mr. Underhill.
(c) Mr. Rider
(d) Gandalf Stormcrow.
5. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
(a) A warm hearted ranger.
(b) A camp of elves.
(c) 3 Dwarves.
(d) A brown Wizard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is conspicuously absent from the feast at Rivendell after Frodo wakes up?
2. Who is the first to offer to take the ring to be destroyed, but is refused?
3. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
4. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
5. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)