|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 1 | Book 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many doors are there for Gandalf to choose from when he becomes stumped while traveling through Moria?
2. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
(a) The Ring itself.
(b) A star.
(c) The entire Shire.
(d) Half the jewels of Moria.
3. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
(a) A mysterious elf.
(c) A Balrog.
4. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(b) A Dark Rider.
5. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aragorn choose to do when he sees that Frodo and Sam have taken one of the boats?
2. What does Gimli do when Eomer speaks harshly against Galadriel?
3. Why does Aragorn decide to travel on boats down the river when they leave Lothlorien?
4. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
5. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)