|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
(a) The river.
(c) An elven spell.
(d) A dragon.
2. What is so different about the Old forest?
(a) The trees are all dead.
(b) The trees talk to the people who journey through it.
(c) The trees house evil spirits.
(d) The trees are alive and aware of who enters.
3. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Rivendell with the Elves.
(b) Rohan with the Horsemen.
(c) Moria with the Dwarves.
(d) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
4. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Boromir and Faramir.
(b) Aragor and Arwen.
(c) Bilbo and Fatty.
(d) Merry and Pippen.
5. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(d) A Dark Rider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
2. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
3. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
4. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
5. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)