|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
(a) The river.
(b) An elven spell.
(d) A dragon.
2. What news does Legolas share during the council of the ring that is upsetting to Gandalf?
(a) Sauron knows where the ring is.
(b) Gollum has escaped.
(c) A Ringwraith has been spotted near Rivendell.
(d) The elves will have nothing to do with the evil ring and its fate.
3. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
(a) Rushing to tell Pippen to be quiet.
(b) Speaking to the bartender of the Prancing Pony.
(c) Singing and dancing on a table.
(d) Trying to hide from Strider.
4. What is so different about the Old forest?
(a) The trees are alive and aware of who enters.
(b) The trees are all dead.
(c) The trees talk to the people who journey through it.
(d) The trees house evil spirits.
5. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Merry and Pippen.
(b) Boromir and Faramir.
(c) Aragor and Arwen.
(d) Bilbo and Fatty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
2. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
3. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
4. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
5. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)