|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
2. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
(a) An arm.
(b) An old hag.
(c) An angry tree root.
3. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
(b) Their ponies have been stolen.
(c) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
(d) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
4. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
(a) He is afraid that there may be more danger involved now that he has joined them.
(b) He is happy to have avoided harm.
(c) He is disappointed about missing the action.
(d) He is excited to show his bravery during the next trial they will face.
5. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
(a) Sam is very sick after sampling some of Goldberry's wine.
(b) Merry is still suffering from the injury he received from the Willow.
(c) It is raining too hard for them to leave.
(d) They have run out of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
2. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
3. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
4. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
5. Who is the first to offer to take the ring to be destroyed, but is refused?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)