|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
2. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
(a) He was held captive.
(b) He was angry at Frodo for his lack of response to a letter.
(c) He had other pressing matters to attend to.
(d) He simply forgot the details of his promise.
3. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Merry and Pippen.
(b) Boromir and Faramir.
(c) Bilbo and Fatty.
(d) Aragor and Arwen.
4. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
(a) He is afraid that there may be more danger involved now that he has joined them.
(b) He is excited to show his bravery during the next trial they will face.
(c) He is disappointed about missing the action.
(d) He is happy to have avoided harm.
5. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
(b) He runs away with it laughing.
(c) He screams out in pain because it burns him.
(d) He vanishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to offer to take the ring to be destroyed, but is refused?
2. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
3. Who is conspicuously absent from the feast at Rivendell after Frodo wakes up?
4. What news does Legolas share during the council of the ring that is upsetting to Gandalf?
5. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)