|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the hobbits wake to after taking a nap in the Burrow Downs?
(a) They are being followed by many tiny creatures.
(b) Their baggage has been stolen.
(c) They are sinking in a mud pit.
(d) They are in the middle of a deep fog.
2. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
(a) He seems angry.
(b) He is not at all surprised.
(c) He tries to take the ring by force.
(d) He knows Frodo's name.
3. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
4. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Mr. Rider
(b) Gandalf Stormcrow.
(c) Mr. Underhill.
(d) Bilbo Baggins.
5. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
(a) They give them weapons to fight the dark riders with.
(b) They offer an escort to get them to their destination.
(c) They show the hobbits a hall made of trees.
(d) They cast an enchantment of safety over them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
2. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
3. How many doors are there for Gandalf to choose from when he becomes stumped while traveling through Moria?
4. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
5. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)