|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
(b) Their ponies have been stolen.
(c) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
(d) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
2. How long had Frodo been unconscious when he wakes up in Rivendell?
(a) 3 days and 4 nights.
(b) 3 weeks and 4 days.
(c) 4 nights and 3 days.
(d) 4 months and 3 weeks.
3. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
(a) A note scratched on a rock.
(b) A strip from Gandalf's robe,
(c) The remains of a campfire.
(d) Some foot prints.
4. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
(a) He is happy to have avoided harm.
(b) He is disappointed about missing the action.
(c) He is excited to show his bravery during the next trial they will face.
(d) He is afraid that there may be more danger involved now that he has joined them.
5. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) Instructions from Bilbo.
(b) A letter from Gandalf.
(c) Some weapons from the elves.
(d) A pint of mead from Moria.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
2. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
3. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
4. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
5. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)