|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Bilbo Baggins.
(b) Mr. Underhill.
(c) Gandalf Stormcrow.
(d) Mr. Rider
2. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
(a) 17 Years.
(b) 7 Months.
(c) 7 Years.
(d) 7 Days.
3. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
4. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
(b) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
(c) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
(d) Their ponies have been stolen.
5. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
(a) A dragon.
(c) An elven spell.
(d) The river.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
2. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
3. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
4. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
5. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)