|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is conspicuously absent from the feast at Rivendell after Frodo wakes up?
2. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
3. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
(a) He wants to prove his valor as a future king of Gondor.
(b) His kingdom is failing, and he needs power.
(c) He and his brother had a dream about the sword of Isildur.
(d) He is estranged from his father, and ran there for sanctuary.
4. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
5. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
(a) He is afraid that there may be more danger involved now that he has joined them.
(b) He is happy to have avoided harm.
(c) He is excited to show his bravery during the next trial they will face.
(d) He is disappointed about missing the action.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
2. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
3. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
4. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
5. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)