|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
(a) He is estranged from his father, and ran there for sanctuary.
(b) His kingdom is failing, and he needs power.
(c) He wants to prove his valor as a future king of Gondor.
(d) He and his brother had a dream about the sword of Isildur.
2. What is so different about the Old forest?
(a) The trees house evil spirits.
(b) The trees are all dead.
(c) The trees talk to the people who journey through it.
(d) The trees are alive and aware of who enters.
3. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
(a) 17 Years.
(b) 7 Years.
(c) 7 Days.
(d) 7 Months.
4. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) Some weapons from the elves.
(b) Instructions from Bilbo.
(c) A letter from Gandalf.
(d) A pint of mead from Moria.
5. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
(a) 3 Dwarves.
(b) A camp of elves.
(c) A brown Wizard.
(d) A warm hearted ranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
2. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
3. Who is the first to offer to take the ring to be destroyed, but is refused?
4. What is Tom symbolic of?
5. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)