|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
2. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
3. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
(a) Some foot prints.
(b) A strip from Gandalf's robe,
(c) The remains of a campfire.
(d) A note scratched on a rock.
4. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
(a) He was angry at Frodo for his lack of response to a letter.
(b) He simply forgot the details of his promise.
(c) He had other pressing matters to attend to.
(d) He was held captive.
5. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
(a) That they allow him to wear the ring while at the Prancing Pony.
(b) That they let him be their guide.
(c) That they promise to not tell Gandalf he was there.
(d) That they split with him the gifts they will get at Rivendell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
2. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
3. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
4. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
5. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)