|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
(a) He vanishes.
(c) He runs away with it laughing.
(d) He screams out in pain because it burns him.
2. How many doors are there for Gandalf to choose from when he becomes stumped while traveling through Moria?
3. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
(a) A camp of elves.
(b) A warm hearted ranger.
(c) A brown Wizard.
(d) 3 Dwarves.
4. What do the hobbits wake to after taking a nap in the Burrow Downs?
(a) Their baggage has been stolen.
(b) They are in the middle of a deep fog.
(c) They are being followed by many tiny creatures.
(d) They are sinking in a mud pit.
5. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
(a) An old hag.
(c) An arm.
(d) An angry tree root.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so different about the Old forest?
2. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
3. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
4. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
5. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)