|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
(a) Live in Frodo's house and keep Frodo's absence a secret.
(b) Follow a day's length behind them to ward off any coming danger.
(c) Take over his farm and grow rich off the proceeds.
(d) Sell his house for a profit.
2. Who does the monster in the water outside the doors of Moria attack first?
3. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
4. What is Tom symbolic of?
(b) The Earth.
5. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
(a) He runs away with it laughing.
(b) He screams out in pain because it burns him.
(d) He vanishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
2. How many doors are there for Gandalf to choose from when he becomes stumped while traveling through Moria?
3. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
4. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
5. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)