|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
(a) Follow a day's length behind them to ward off any coming danger.
(b) Live in Frodo's house and keep Frodo's absence a secret.
(c) Sell his house for a profit.
(d) Take over his farm and grow rich off the proceeds.
2. Who is conspicuously absent from the feast at Rivendell after Frodo wakes up?
3. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
(a) He runs around blindly trying to save them.
(b) He sings a call for Tom.
(c) He is paralyzed in fear and passes out.
(d) He uses the elven sword to fight for them.
4. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
(a) He is not at all surprised.
(b) He tries to take the ring by force.
(c) He seems angry.
(d) He knows Frodo's name.
5. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
(a) He simply forgot the details of his promise.
(b) He was held captive.
(c) He had other pressing matters to attend to.
(d) He was angry at Frodo for his lack of response to a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
2. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
3. Who does the monster in the water outside the doors of Moria attack first?
4. What gift does Bilbo give Frodo before Frodo sets out on his mission to destroy the Ring?
5. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)