|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
(a) He sings a call for Tom.
(b) He uses the elven sword to fight for them.
(c) He runs around blindly trying to save them.
(d) He is paralyzed in fear and passes out.
2. Who is the first to offer to take the ring to be destroyed, but is refused?
3. What news does Legolas share during the council of the ring that is upsetting to Gandalf?
(a) Sauron knows where the ring is.
(b) The elves will have nothing to do with the evil ring and its fate.
(c) A Ringwraith has been spotted near Rivendell.
(d) Gollum has escaped.
4. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
5. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
(a) He is estranged from his father, and ran there for sanctuary.
(b) He and his brother had a dream about the sword of Isildur.
(c) His kingdom is failing, and he needs power.
(d) He wants to prove his valor as a future king of Gondor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Gandalf late to see Frodo on his journey?
2. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
3. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
4. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
5. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)