|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
(a) His kingdom is failing, and he needs power.
(b) He wants to prove his valor as a future king of Gondor.
(c) He is estranged from his father, and ran there for sanctuary.
(d) He and his brother had a dream about the sword of Isildur.
2. What news does Legolas share during the council of the ring that is upsetting to Gandalf?
(a) The elves will have nothing to do with the evil ring and its fate.
(b) Gollum has escaped.
(c) Sauron knows where the ring is.
(d) A Ringwraith has been spotted near Rivendell.
3. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) A map.
(b) An intricate piece of jewelery.
(c) Some food.
(d) Some weapons.
4. How long had Frodo been unconscious when he wakes up in Rivendell?
(a) 4 nights and 3 days.
(b) 4 months and 3 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks and 4 days.
(d) 3 days and 4 nights.
5. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
(a) They have run out of food.
(b) It is raining too hard for them to leave.
(c) Merry is still suffering from the injury he received from the Willow.
(d) Sam is very sick after sampling some of Goldberry's wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
2. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
3. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
4. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
5. Who is conspicuously absent from the feast at Rivendell after Frodo wakes up?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)