|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to offer to take the ring to be destroyed, but is refused?
2. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
(a) Rotten, shriveling corpses.
(b) Full of worms and spiders.
(c) Tall, ghostly, shimmering kings.
(d) Black and inky.
3. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
4. Who is conspicuously absent from the feast at Rivendell after Frodo wakes up?
5. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
(a) He wants to prove his valor as a future king of Gondor.
(b) He is estranged from his father, and ran there for sanctuary.
(c) His kingdom is failing, and he needs power.
(d) He and his brother had a dream about the sword of Isildur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
2. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
3. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
4. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
5. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)