|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the hobbits wake to after taking a nap in the Burrow Downs?
(a) They are in the middle of a deep fog.
(b) They are sinking in a mud pit.
(c) Their baggage has been stolen.
(d) They are being followed by many tiny creatures.
2. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
(a) An elven spell.
(c) The river.
(d) A dragon.
3. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Gandalf Stormcrow.
(b) Mr. Underhill.
(c) Mr. Rider
(d) Bilbo Baggins.
4. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
(a) He runs around blindly trying to save them.
(b) He uses the elven sword to fight for them.
(c) He sings a call for Tom.
(d) He is paralyzed in fear and passes out.
5. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Rivendell with the Elves.
(b) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
(c) Rohan with the Horsemen.
(d) Moria with the Dwarves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
2. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
3. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
4. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
5. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)