|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
(a) He runs around blindly trying to save them.
(b) He is paralyzed in fear and passes out.
(c) He sings a call for Tom.
(d) He uses the elven sword to fight for them.
2. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
(a) They cast an enchantment of safety over them.
(b) They offer an escort to get them to their destination.
(c) They show the hobbits a hall made of trees.
(d) They give them weapons to fight the dark riders with.
3. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
(a) A strip from Gandalf's robe,
(b) A note scratched on a rock.
(c) The remains of a campfire.
(d) Some foot prints.
4. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
(b) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
(c) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
(d) Their ponies have been stolen.
5. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Mr. Rider
(b) Mr. Underhill.
(c) Gandalf Stormcrow.
(d) Bilbo Baggins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
2. What is so different about the Old forest?
3. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
5. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)