|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
(a) They have run out of food.
(b) Merry is still suffering from the injury he received from the Willow.
(c) It is raining too hard for them to leave.
(d) Sam is very sick after sampling some of Goldberry's wine.
2. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
(a) He found it in the road one day.
(b) He stole it from Isildur.
(c) He killed his friend to gain possession of it.
(d) It was given to him by a strange family friend.
3. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
(b) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
(c) Their ponies have been stolen.
(d) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
4. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) Some weapons.
(b) A map.
(c) Some food.
(d) An intricate piece of jewelery.
5. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
2. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
3. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
4. What is so different about the Old forest?
5. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)