|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
(b) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
(c) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
(d) Their ponies have been stolen.
2. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
(a) A warm hearted ranger.
(b) A camp of elves.
(c) A brown Wizard.
(d) 3 Dwarves.
3. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
(b) An arm.
(c) An angry tree root.
(d) An old hag.
4. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Rivendell with the Elves.
(b) Moria with the Dwarves.
(c) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
(d) Rohan with the Horsemen.
5. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
(a) He found it in the road one day.
(b) It was given to him by a strange family friend.
(c) He killed his friend to gain possession of it.
(d) He stole it from Isildur.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
2. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
4. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
5. What is so different about the Old forest?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)