|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the hobbits wake to after taking a nap in the Burrow Downs?
(a) They are sinking in a mud pit.
(b) Their baggage has been stolen.
(c) They are in the middle of a deep fog.
(d) They are being followed by many tiny creatures.
2. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
(a) An angry tree root.
(b) An arm.
(c) An old hag.
3. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
(a) He uses the elven sword to fight for them.
(b) He sings a call for Tom.
(c) He runs around blindly trying to save them.
(d) He is paralyzed in fear and passes out.
4. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
(a) 7 Months.
(b) 17 Years.
(c) 7 Days.
(d) 7 Years.
5. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
(b) Moria with the Dwarves.
(c) Rivendell with the Elves.
(d) Rohan with the Horsemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
2. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
3. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
4. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
5. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)