|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
(a) It was given to him by a strange family friend.
(b) He stole it from Isildur.
(c) He killed his friend to gain possession of it.
(d) He found it in the road one day.
2. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It disintegrates.
(b) It cuts his finger.
(c) It becomes freezing cold.
(d) It becomes hot and burns him.
3. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
(a) A strip from Gandalf's robe,
(b) A note scratched on a rock.
(c) Some foot prints.
(d) The remains of a campfire.
4. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Gandalf Stormcrow.
(b) Mr. Underhill.
(c) Mr. Rider
(d) Bilbo Baggins.
5. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
(b) Their ponies have been stolen.
(c) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
(d) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so different about the Old forest?
2. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
3. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
4. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
5. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)