|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so different about the Old forest?
(a) The trees are alive and aware of who enters.
(b) The trees are all dead.
(c) The trees talk to the people who journey through it.
(d) The trees house evil spirits.
2. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
(a) Some foot prints.
(b) The remains of a campfire.
(c) A note scratched on a rock.
(d) A strip from Gandalf's robe,
3. What do the hobbits wake to after taking a nap in the Burrow Downs?
(a) They are being followed by many tiny creatures.
(b) They are sinking in a mud pit.
(c) They are in the middle of a deep fog.
(d) Their baggage has been stolen.
4. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
(a) He sings a call for Tom.
(b) He is paralyzed in fear and passes out.
(c) He runs around blindly trying to save them.
(d) He uses the elven sword to fight for them.
5. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
(a) An arm.
(b) An old hag.
(c) An angry tree root.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
2. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
3. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
4. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
5. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)