|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Moria with the Dwarves.
(b) Rivendell with the Elves.
(c) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
(d) Rohan with the Horsemen.
2. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
(a) Trying to hide from Strider.
(b) Singing and dancing on a table.
(c) Rushing to tell Pippen to be quiet.
(d) Speaking to the bartender of the Prancing Pony.
3. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
(a) That they split with him the gifts they will get at Rivendell.
(b) That they allow him to wear the ring while at the Prancing Pony.
(c) That they promise to not tell Gandalf he was there.
(d) That they let him be their guide.
4. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) A letter from Gandalf.
(b) Some weapons from the elves.
(c) A pint of mead from Moria.
(d) Instructions from Bilbo.
5. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
(a) 7 Years.
(b) 7 Months.
(c) 17 Years.
(d) 7 Days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
2. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
3. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
4. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
5. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)