|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
(a) The spells cast on it by wizards.
(b) The evil spirits who inhabit the trees.
(c) The Withywindle River.
(d) The strong imagination of the hobbits.
2. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
(a) 7 Days.
(b) 7 Months.
(c) 7 Years.
(d) 17 Years.
3. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
(a) A strip from Gandalf's robe,
(b) A note scratched on a rock.
(c) Some foot prints.
(d) The remains of a campfire.
4. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
(a) A warm hearted ranger.
(b) 3 Dwarves.
(c) A camp of elves.
(d) A brown Wizard.
5. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
(b) Rohan with the Horsemen.
(c) Rivendell with the Elves.
(d) Moria with the Dwarves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
2. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
3. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
4. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
5. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)