|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
(a) An arm.
(b) An old hag.
(d) An angry tree root.
2. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
(a) He is paralyzed in fear and passes out.
(b) He sings a call for Tom.
(c) He runs around blindly trying to save them.
(d) He uses the elven sword to fight for them.
3. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) A pint of mead from Moria.
(b) Instructions from Bilbo.
(c) A letter from Gandalf.
(d) Some weapons from the elves.
4. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
(a) That they allow him to wear the ring while at the Prancing Pony.
(b) That they split with him the gifts they will get at Rivendell.
(c) That they promise to not tell Gandalf he was there.
(d) That they let him be their guide.
5. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
(a) Merry is still suffering from the injury he received from the Willow.
(b) It is raining too hard for them to leave.
(c) They have run out of food.
(d) Sam is very sick after sampling some of Goldberry's wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
2. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
3. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
4. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
5. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)