|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
(a) He escapes out a back door.
(b) He holds his breath and pretends to be dead.
(c) He lies to them and sends them in the opposite direction.
(d) He runs to the Gaffer's house and hide behind the barrells of ale.
2. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
(a) He is disappointed about missing the action.
(b) He is happy to have avoided harm.
(c) He is excited to show his bravery during the next trial they will face.
(d) He is afraid that there may be more danger involved now that he has joined them.
3. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) An intricate piece of jewelery.
(b) Some weapons.
(c) Some food.
(d) A map.
4. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
(b) He runs away with it laughing.
(c) He screams out in pain because it burns him.
(d) He vanishes.
5. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
(a) They cast an enchantment of safety over them.
(b) They offer an escort to get them to their destination.
(c) They show the hobbits a hall made of trees.
(d) They give them weapons to fight the dark riders with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
2. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
3. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
4. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
5. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)