|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) Some weapons.
(b) A map.
(c) Some food.
(d) An intricate piece of jewelery.
2. What is Tom symbolic of?
(a) The Earth.
3. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
(b) He screams out in pain because it burns him.
(c) He runs away with it laughing.
(d) He vanishes.
4. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
(a) 7 Days.
(b) 7 Years.
(c) 17 Years.
(d) 7 Months.
5. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
(a) He seems angry.
(b) He tries to take the ring by force.
(c) He knows Frodo's name.
(d) He is not at all surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
2. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
3. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
4. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
5. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)