|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
(a) The strong imagination of the hobbits.
(b) The spells cast on it by wizards.
(c) The evil spirits who inhabit the trees.
(d) The Withywindle River.
2. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(d) A Dark Rider.
3. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
(a) They offer an escort to get them to their destination.
(b) They show the hobbits a hall made of trees.
(c) They give them weapons to fight the dark riders with.
(d) They cast an enchantment of safety over them.
4. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
(b) He vanishes.
(c) He runs away with it laughing.
(d) He screams out in pain because it burns him.
5. What is Tom symbolic of?
(b) The Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
2. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
3. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
4. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
5. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)