|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
(a) The remains of a campfire.
(b) A note scratched on a rock.
(c) Some foot prints.
(d) A strip from Gandalf's robe,
2. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
(a) Tall, ghostly, shimmering kings.
(b) Full of worms and spiders.
(c) Black and inky.
(d) Rotten, shriveling corpses.
3. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
(a) 17 Years.
(b) 7 Years.
(c) 7 Days.
(d) 7 Months.
4. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Moria with the Dwarves.
(b) Rivendell with the Elves.
(c) Rohan with the Horsemen.
(d) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
5. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
(a) He killed his friend to gain possession of it.
(b) It was given to him by a strange family friend.
(c) He stole it from Isildur.
(d) He found it in the road one day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
2. What do the hobbits wake to after taking a nap in the Burrow Downs?
3. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
4. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
5. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)