|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
(a) Black and inky.
(b) Rotten, shriveling corpses.
(c) Full of worms and spiders.
(d) Tall, ghostly, shimmering kings.
2. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
(a) Singing and dancing on a table.
(b) Speaking to the bartender of the Prancing Pony.
(c) Rushing to tell Pippen to be quiet.
(d) Trying to hide from Strider.
3. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
4. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
(a) It was given to him by a strange family friend.
(b) He killed his friend to gain possession of it.
(c) He stole it from Isildur.
(d) He found it in the road one day.
5. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
(a) He vanishes.
(b) He runs away with it laughing.
(d) He screams out in pain because it burns him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
2. What do the hobbits wake to after taking a nap in the Burrow Downs?
3. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
4. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
5. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)