|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
(a) Trying to hide from Strider.
(b) Singing and dancing on a table.
(c) Speaking to the bartender of the Prancing Pony.
(d) Rushing to tell Pippen to be quiet.
2. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Gandalf Stormcrow.
(b) Bilbo Baggins.
(c) Mr. Rider
(d) Mr. Underhill.
3. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
(a) Follow a day's length behind them to ward off any coming danger.
(b) Sell his house for a profit.
(c) Live in Frodo's house and keep Frodo's absence a secret.
(d) Take over his farm and grow rich off the proceeds.
4. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) Some weapons from the elves.
(b) A pint of mead from Moria.
(c) A letter from Gandalf.
(d) Instructions from Bilbo.
5. What is Tom symbolic of?
(d) The Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
2. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
3. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
4. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
5. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)