|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
(a) Merry is still suffering from the injury he received from the Willow.
(b) They have run out of food.
(c) It is raining too hard for them to leave.
(d) Sam is very sick after sampling some of Goldberry's wine.
2. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
(a) Trying to hide from Strider.
(b) Singing and dancing on a table.
(c) Rushing to tell Pippen to be quiet.
(d) Speaking to the bartender of the Prancing Pony.
3. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
(a) It was given to him by a strange family friend.
(b) He found it in the road one day.
(c) He stole it from Isildur.
(d) He killed his friend to gain possession of it.
4. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) Instructions from Bilbo.
(b) A pint of mead from Moria.
(c) Some weapons from the elves.
(d) A letter from Gandalf.
5. What is Tom symbolic of?
(b) The Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
2. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
3. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
4. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
5. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)