|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom symbolic of?
(b) The Earth.
2. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
(a) The evil spirits who inhabit the trees.
(b) The spells cast on it by wizards.
(c) The Withywindle River.
(d) The strong imagination of the hobbits.
3. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
(a) He knows Frodo's name.
(b) He is not at all surprised.
(c) He tries to take the ring by force.
(d) He seems angry.
4. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
(b) Rohan with the Horsemen.
(c) Rivendell with the Elves.
(d) Moria with the Dwarves.
5. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
(a) They cast an enchantment of safety over them.
(b) They give them weapons to fight the dark riders with.
(c) They show the hobbits a hall made of trees.
(d) They offer an escort to get them to their destination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
2. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
3. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
4. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
5. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)