|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
(a) He uses the elven sword to fight for them.
(b) He runs around blindly trying to save them.
(c) He sings a call for Tom.
(d) He is paralyzed in fear and passes out.
2. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) Some weapons from the elves.
(b) A pint of mead from Moria.
(c) A letter from Gandalf.
(d) Instructions from Bilbo.
3. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
(b) Their ponies have been stolen.
(c) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
(d) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
4. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
(a) Sell his house for a profit.
(b) Live in Frodo's house and keep Frodo's absence a secret.
(c) Follow a day's length behind them to ward off any coming danger.
(d) Take over his farm and grow rich off the proceeds.
5. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
(a) That they let him be their guide.
(b) That they split with him the gifts they will get at Rivendell.
(c) That they promise to not tell Gandalf he was there.
(d) That they allow him to wear the ring while at the Prancing Pony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
2. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
3. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
4. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
5. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)