|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
2. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
(a) They cast an enchantment of safety over them.
(b) They show the hobbits a hall made of trees.
(c) They give them weapons to fight the dark riders with.
(d) They offer an escort to get them to their destination.
3. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(b) A Dark Rider.
4. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
(a) A note scratched on a rock.
(b) The remains of a campfire.
(c) A strip from Gandalf's robe,
(d) Some foot prints.
5. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
(b) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
(c) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
(d) Their ponies have been stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
2. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
3. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
4. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
5. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)