|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
(a) It is raining too hard for them to leave.
(b) They have run out of food.
(c) Merry is still suffering from the injury he received from the Willow.
(d) Sam is very sick after sampling some of Goldberry's wine.
2. What does Frodo do when he sees his friends in danger in the Barrow?
(a) He sings a call for Tom.
(b) He is paralyzed in fear and passes out.
(c) He runs around blindly trying to save them.
(d) He uses the elven sword to fight for them.
3. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(d) A Dark Rider.
4. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) An intricate piece of jewelery.
(b) Some weapons.
(c) A map.
(d) Some food.
5. What is so different about the Old forest?
(a) The trees are all dead.
(b) The trees are alive and aware of who enters.
(c) The trees talk to the people who journey through it.
(d) The trees house evil spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
2. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
3. What do the hobbits wake to after taking a nap in the Burrow Downs?
4. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
5. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)