|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
(a) It was given to him by a strange family friend.
(b) He killed his friend to gain possession of it.
(c) He stole it from Isildur.
(d) He found it in the road one day.
2. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
(a) The river.
(b) A dragon.
(c) An elven spell.
3. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It cuts his finger.
(b) It becomes freezing cold.
(c) It becomes hot and burns him.
(d) It disintegrates.
4. How much time passes between the first and second chapters of the book?
(a) 7 Years.
(b) 17 Years.
(c) 7 Days.
(d) 7 Months.
5. What is so different about the Old forest?
(a) The trees are all dead.
(b) The trees talk to the people who journey through it.
(c) The trees house evil spirits.
(d) The trees are alive and aware of who enters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
2. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
3. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
4. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
5. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)