|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) A letter from Gandalf.
(b) Some weapons from the elves.
(c) Instructions from Bilbo.
(d) A pint of mead from Moria.
2. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
(a) The remains of a campfire.
(b) A note scratched on a rock.
(c) Some foot prints.
(d) A strip from Gandalf's robe,
3. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
(a) He killed his friend to gain possession of it.
(b) It was given to him by a strange family friend.
(c) He found it in the road one day.
(d) He stole it from Isildur.
4. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
(a) He knows Frodo's name.
(b) He tries to take the ring by force.
(c) He is not at all surprised.
(d) He seems angry.
5. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
(b) Rohan with the Horsemen.
(c) Moria with the Dwarves.
(d) Rivendell with the Elves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
2. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
3. What is so different about the Old forest?
4. What do the elves do to protect the hobbits when they find them wandering in the woods?
5. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)