Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Chapter 6 | Book 6, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Denethor claim that he has seen Gandalf doing in his seeing stone during the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Setting himself up to be the King of Gondor.
(b) Allow good people to die for a hopeless cause.
(c) Carrying the Ring of Power.
(d) Keeping ties with Sauran.
2. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
(a) The smell.
(b) The darkness.
(c) The cold.
(d) The moisture.
3. What scares the great spider away in Shelob's lair?
(a) The phial of light from Galadriel.
(b) The sword from Bilbo.
(c) Sam's box of earth from Galadriel.
(d) Gollum's threats.
4. Who is conspicuously absent from the feast at Rivendell after Frodo wakes up?
5. Why does Aragorn decide to travel on boats down the river when they leave Lothlorien?
(a) He has not decided which side of the river he wants to travel on.
(b) He saw them traveling this way in Galadriel's mirror.
(c) Orcs cannot follow tracks of a boat in water.
(d) They can move faster in the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Treebeard describe Saruman when he takes Merry and Pippin to his home?
2. What are the Dunlendings forced to do as punishment for joining the attack on Rohan?
3. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
4. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
5. Who is following Sam and Frodo as they are journeying towards Mordor?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)