Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 6 | Book 5, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scares the great spider away in Shelob's lair?
(a) Gollum's threats.
(b) The phial of light from Galadriel.
(c) Sam's box of earth from Galadriel.
(d) The sword from Bilbo.
2. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
(a) The Crippling Caves.
(b) The Murky Depths.
(c) The Fanghorn Forest.
(d) The Dead Marshes.
3. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
(a) A Nazgul.
(b) A troop of Mordor Soldiers.
(d) A group of Orcs.
4. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
(a) Full of worms and spiders.
(b) Rotten, shriveling corpses.
(c) Tall, ghostly, shimmering kings.
(d) Black and inky.
5. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
(a) "There were drums, drums."
(b) "There is no escape here in the deep."
(c) "Fear enfolds us and pushes us on."
(d) "They are coming."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frodo choose to continue his journey alone?
2. Where do Merry and Pippin run when they are freed of their ropes as the Rohirram begin attacking the Orcs?
3. Who does Gandalf arrange for Bilbo to travel with after his big birthday party?
4. How did Gollum gain possession of the ring long ago?
5. What does Gandalf do when he is rebuked by Theodyn as they enter his hall?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)