|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 3 | Book 2, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Boramir come to Rivendell to find out about the ring?
(a) He wants to prove his valor as a future king of Gondor.
(b) His kingdom is failing, and he needs power.
(c) He and his brother had a dream about the sword of Isildur.
(d) He is estranged from his father, and ran there for sanctuary.
2. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
(a) Full of worms and spiders.
(b) Black and inky.
(c) Tall, ghostly, shimmering kings.
(d) Rotten, shriveling corpses.
3. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It cuts his finger.
(b) It becomes hot and burns him.
(c) It disintegrates.
(d) It becomes freezing cold.
4. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) An intricate piece of jewelery.
(b) Some food.
(c) Some weapons.
(d) A map.
5. What is so different about the Old forest?
(a) The trees house evil spirits.
(b) The trees are all dead.
(c) The trees are alive and aware of who enters.
(d) The trees talk to the people who journey through it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frodo see crawling to his friends when he awakes in the burrow?
2. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
3. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
4. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
5. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)