|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 11 | Book 1, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
(a) The river.
(c) A dragon.
(d) An elven spell.
2. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(a) A Dark Rider.
3. What is Tom symbolic of?
(d) The Earth.
4. Where does Frodo decide to go with the ring after being hounded by Gandalf to leave the Shire?
(a) Rivendell with the Elves.
(b) Moria with the Dwarves.
(c) Rohan with the Horsemen.
(d) Lorien with the Sorcerers.
5. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) Some food.
(b) A map.
(c) Some weapons.
(d) An intricate piece of jewelery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the hobbits not able to leave Tom's house the morning after Tom finds and takes them in?
2. What happens when Tom puts on the Ring?
3. How old was Bilbo turning at his big birthday party at the beginning of the book?
4. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
5. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)