|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gollum see after their climb up the stairs that softens his heart towards Sam for a moment?
(a) Sam talking to Frodo about how helpful Gollum has been.
(b) Sam giving of his food to Frodo.
(c) Sam and Frodo sleeping.
(d) Sam crying and praying for Frodo.
2. What does Faramir say when he hears of the route Frodo plans to take to get to Mordor?
(a) That he agrees that it is the safest route.
(b) That Frodo should choose any other route.
(c) That he has never heard of it.
(d) That there are many unknown terrors along that route.
3. What does Legolas see while at the House of Healing that makes him want to go to sea?
(b) A meal of crab.
(c) The ships leaving.
(d) A picture of a lighthouse.
4. How long does the Entmoot last before they decide to attack Isengard?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
5. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Bilbo Baggins.
(b) Mr. Rider
(c) Gandalf Stormcrow.
(d) Mr. Underhill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
2. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
3. What scares Theoden's horse and causes it to buck during the battle at Minas Tirith?
4. What is so different about the Old forest?
5. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)