|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
(a) The smell.
(b) The cold.
(c) The darkness.
(d) The moisture.
2. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
(a) A traitor Rohan Rider.
(b) The head Orc.
(c) A watchguard of elves.
3. What is Gollum doing in the pool by the waterfall when Faramir sees him?
(a) Catching fish.
(b) Plotting to kill Frodo.
4. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
(a) A Nazgul.
(c) A troop of Mordor Soldiers.
(d) A group of Orcs.
5. Where does Aragorn decide to go after speaking with the Rangers who found him?
(a) To Rivendell to be with Arwen.
(b) The Paths of the Dead.
(c) To find Frodo at Mordor.
(d) Back to Isengard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so different about the Old forest?
2. What does Merry feel like as he rides with Legolas and Gimli towards Helm's Deep after the parley at Isengard?
3. What scares Theoden's horse and causes it to buck during the battle at Minas Tirith?
4. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
5. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)