|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Treebeard describe Saruman when he takes Merry and Pippin to his home?
(a) He is the enemy of nature.
(b) He has a mind of metal and wheels.
(c) He was once a gracious man.
(d) He is a man poisoned by greed and blind to evil.
2. What does Gollum see after their climb up the stairs that softens his heart towards Sam for a moment?
(a) Sam and Frodo sleeping.
(b) Sam giving of his food to Frodo.
(c) Sam talking to Frodo about how helpful Gollum has been.
(d) Sam crying and praying for Frodo.
3. What do Frodo and Sam just barely escape the notice of on the bridge to Minas Morgul.
(a) A troop of Mordor men on Oliphants.
(b) Faramir's men.
(c) A ringwraithe and an army of orcs.
(d) A host of evil ghosts returning to Mordor.
4. Who destroyed Isengard?
(a) The army of Mordor.
(b) The orcs.
(c) The Ents.
(d) The army of Rohan.
5. What is so different about the Old forest?
(a) The trees are all dead.
(b) The trees talk to the people who journey through it.
(c) The trees are alive and aware of who enters.
(d) The trees house evil spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam call Gollum when he wakes up at the top of the stairs that rids Gollum of all the good feelings he had?
2. What are the Dunlendings forced to do as punishment for joining the attack on Rohan?
3. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
4. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
5. What has Faramir been ordered to do with all trespassers on Gondor soil?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)