|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) The Black Gate.
(b) The Gate of Sauron.
(c) The Passage of Death.
(d) The End of Dreams.
2. What mysterious force are the orcs using to make holes in the walls of the fortress?
(b) Blasting fire.
(c) Spells of Saruman.
(d) Spring loaded weapons.
3. Where does Aragorn decide to go after speaking with the Rangers who found him?
(a) Back to Isengard.
(b) The Paths of the Dead.
(c) To Rivendell to be with Arwen.
(d) To find Frodo at Mordor.
4. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
(a) The river.
(c) A dragon.
(d) An elven spell.
5. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It becomes hot and burns him.
(b) It becomes freezing cold.
(c) It cuts his finger.
(d) It disintegrates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who won the Orc-killing game during the battle against Rohan?
2. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
3. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
4. What causes Eomer to fight fiercely with no thought for his own safety?
5. How long did the companions spend in Lothlorien before continuing their journey?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)