|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
(b) Their ponies have been stolen.
(c) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
(d) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
2. Who destroyed Isengard?
(a) The Ents.
(b) The orcs.
(c) The army of Rohan.
(d) The army of Mordor.
3. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
(a) He escapes out a back door.
(b) He holds his breath and pretends to be dead.
(c) He runs to the Gaffer's house and hide behind the barrells of ale.
(d) He lies to them and sends them in the opposite direction.
4. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
(a) Rushing to tell Pippen to be quiet.
(b) Singing and dancing on a table.
(c) Speaking to the bartender of the Prancing Pony.
(d) Trying to hide from Strider.
5. Why does Frodo choose to continue his journey alone?
(a) He is afraid of Boramir.
(b) He saw himself travelling alone in Galadriel's mirror.
(c) He knows that the Ring poses too much danger to his friends.
(d) He wants the ring for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
2. What does Gollum see after their climb up the stairs that softens his heart towards Sam for a moment?
3. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
4. How long did the companions spend in Lothlorien before continuing their journey?
5. What does Pippin use to cut the ropes he and Merry are bound with?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)