|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gollum's kinder split pesonality?
2. What does Ioreth say at The House of Healing that sends Gandalf looking for Aragorn?
(a) The elf born mortal will heal the victors.
(b) A King among men will Heal the faithful wounded.
(c) The hands of the king are the hands of a healer.
(d) A Rangers pack is full of healing herbs.
3. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) Some food.
(b) A map.
(c) Some weapons.
(d) An intricate piece of jewelery.
4. What is Denethor trying to do that Gandalf is determined to stop during the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Leak intelligence to the enemy.
(b) Burn himself and his dying son.
(c) Kill the next-in-line to the throne.
(d) Tell the soldiers that there is no hope.
5. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
(a) Sam is drowning.
(b) Sam is his best friend.
(c) He is afraid to be alone.
(d) He knows that he can trust Sam to not try to take the Ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
2. What does Merry feel like as he rides with Legolas and Gimli towards Helm's Deep after the parley at Isengard?
3. Where does Gandalf advise Theoden to go before he leaves them on an urgent errand?
4. Why does Frodo request what he does from the men as he is escorted away from the waterfall?
5. What does Gimli promise to do for Legolas as they ride through the forest towards Isengard?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)