|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
(a) A dragon.
(b) The river.
(d) An elven spell.
2. What scares the great spider away in Shelob's lair?
(a) The phial of light from Galadriel.
(b) The sword from Bilbo.
(c) Sam's box of earth from Galadriel.
(d) Gollum's threats.
3. What signal is brought to Theoden that means Gondor is in dire need?
(a) A message from Gandalf sent by an eagle.
(b) A flaming signal.
(c) A blood soaked letter from Denethol.
(d) A red arrow.
4. What is Gollum doing in the pool by the waterfall when Faramir sees him?
(a) Plotting to kill Frodo.
(b) Catching fish.
5. Where does Theoden lead his men after receiving word that Gondor's troops are in trouble?
(c) Helm's Deep.
(d) Minas Tirith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gimli so ashamed of as he travels with Aragorn on his secret mission?
2. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
3. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
4. Who does Pippin help carry to the House of Healing after the battle at Minas Tirith?
5. What is so different about the Old forest?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)