|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
(b) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
(c) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
(d) Their ponies have been stolen.
2. What does Merry feel like as he rides with Legolas and Gimli towards Helm's Deep after the parley at Isengard?
(a) A true companion.
(b) Little more than baggage.
(c) Lonely without Pippin.
(d) Strangely confident.
3. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) The Black Gate.
(b) The Gate of Sauron.
(c) The End of Dreams.
(d) The Passage of Death.
4. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
5. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
(a) He is afraid that there may be more danger involved now that he has joined them.
(b) He is disappointed about missing the action.
(c) He is happy to have avoided harm.
(d) He is excited to show his bravery during the next trial they will face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
2. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
3. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
4. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
5. What did Merry do to several orcs without any of them trying to hurt him and Pippin?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)