|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(a) A Dark Rider.
2. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
(a) He knows Frodo's name.
(b) He is not at all surprised.
(c) He seems angry.
(d) He tries to take the ring by force.
3. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
(a) The Withywindle River.
(b) The strong imagination of the hobbits.
(c) The spells cast on it by wizards.
(d) The evil spirits who inhabit the trees.
4. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
(a) His voice.
(b) His mind.
(c) His staff.
(d) His eyes.
5. What signal is brought to Theoden that means Gondor is in dire need?
(a) A flaming signal.
(b) A red arrow.
(c) A message from Gandalf sent by an eagle.
(d) A blood soaked letter from Denethol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
2. What does Gimli promise to do for Legolas as they ride through the forest towards Isengard?
3. What scares the great spider away in Shelob's lair?
4. What does Legolas see while at the House of Healing that makes him want to go to sea?
5. Who does the monster in the water outside the doors of Moria attack first?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)