|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so different about the Old forest?
(a) The trees are all dead.
(b) The trees are alive and aware of who enters.
(c) The trees house evil spirits.
(d) The trees talk to the people who journey through it.
2. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
(a) The darkness.
(b) The moisture.
(c) The cold.
(d) The smell.
3. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
(b) The river.
(c) A dragon.
(d) An elven spell.
4. What does Merry feel like as he rides with Legolas and Gimli towards Helm's Deep after the parley at Isengard?
(a) Lonely without Pippin.
(b) A true companion.
(c) Strangely confident.
(d) Little more than baggage.
5. What does Sam call Gollum when he wakes up at the top of the stairs that rids Gollum of all the good feelings he had?
(a) A sneak and a villain.
(b) All that is wrong with the world.
(c) An image of heartless greed.
(d) A thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
2. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
3. Who saves Eomer from the orc pretending to be dead?
4. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
5. Who destroyed Isengard?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)