|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
(a) A watchguard of elves.
(c) A traitor Rohan Rider.
(d) The head Orc.
2. What does Aragorn use to heal Merry and Eowyn?
(a) An Elven herb.
(d) Soil and water.
3. What gift does Bilbo give Frodo before Frodo sets out on his mission to destroy the Ring?
(a) A set of clothing that can render him invisible.
(b) An unbreakable chain to put the ring on.
(c) A sword and a shirt of mail.
(d) A finished copy of his memiors.
4. What does Sam see in Galadriel's mirror that makes him beg to return to the Shire?
(a) Ted Sandyman cutting down all the trees in the Shire.
(b) The Black Nights killing his father.
(c) Rosy getting married to Fatty.
(d) A pile of burnt rubble where his town used to be.
5. What is so different about the Old forest?
(a) The trees are alive and aware of who enters.
(b) The trees are all dead.
(c) The trees house evil spirits.
(d) The trees talk to the people who journey through it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the companions spend in Lothlorien before continuing their journey?
2. Who saves Eomer from the orc pretending to be dead?
3. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
4. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
5. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)