|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
(a) A sword.
(b) His Staff.
(c) His hands.
(d) A word.
2. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Gandalf Stormcrow.
(b) Mr. Rider
(c) Mr. Underhill.
(d) Bilbo Baggins.
3. What signal is brought to Theoden that means Gondor is in dire need?
(a) A red arrow.
(b) A message from Gandalf sent by an eagle.
(c) A flaming signal.
(d) A blood soaked letter from Denethol.
4. Who kills the Nazgul King who no man could slay?
5. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
(a) She fears her husband would kill her to gain the Ring for himself.
(b) She already has one of the rings, and knows she cannot control the power of two.
(c) She has seen a vision of Frodo destroying the ring himself.
(d) She sees what the future would be like if she did.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pippin help carry to the House of Healing after the battle at Minas Tirith?
2. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
3. Who tells Gandalf what Denethor is doing during the battle at Minas Tirith?
4. Where does Aragorn decide to go after speaking with the Rangers who found him?
5. Who does Aragorn give rule of the city to?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)