|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merry feel like as he rides with Legolas and Gimli towards Helm's Deep after the parley at Isengard?
(a) Strangely confident.
(b) A true companion.
(c) Little more than baggage.
(d) Lonely without Pippin.
2. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Bilbo and Fatty.
(b) Aragor and Arwen.
(c) Boromir and Faramir.
(d) Merry and Pippen.
3. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
(a) A Nazgul.
(b) A troop of Mordor Soldiers.
(c) A group of Orcs.
4. What does Frodo request from the men as they are escorted away from the waterfall?
(a) To take them to the best path to Mordor.
(b) To be blindfolded.
(c) To be trusted to be untied.
(d) To fill their packs with food.
5. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
(a) She sees what the future would be like if she did.
(b) She has seen a vision of Frodo destroying the ring himself.
(c) She fears her husband would kill her to gain the Ring for himself.
(d) She already has one of the rings, and knows she cannot control the power of two.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the head of the statue of a king that Frodo and Sam see as they journey to the less traveled path to Mordor?
2. What does Sam call Gollum when he wakes up at the top of the stairs that rids Gollum of all the good feelings he had?
3. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
4. What did Merry do to several orcs without any of them trying to hurt him and Pippin?
5. What gift does Bilbo give Frodo before Frodo sets out on his mission to destroy the Ring?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)