|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
(a) Gollum has an intense sense of loyalty.
(b) Gollum swore an oath on the ring.
(c) Frodo and Gollum are made brothers by the suffering the Ring causes.
(d) Gollum lost the Ring once and will not let it out of his sight again.
2. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
(a) A word.
(b) His hands.
(c) His Staff.
(d) A sword.
3. What is Gimli so ashamed of as he travels with Aragorn on his secret mission?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He is the smallest person in the party.
(c) He is the only dwarf.
(d) He does not agree with this decision of Aragorn's.
4. Who kills the Nazgul King who no man could slay?
5. Why does Frodo request what he does from the men as he is escorted away from the waterfall?
(a) To help him complete his urgent task sooner.
(b) To replace what they ruined in their ambush.
(c) To make himself even with Gollum.
(d) To show that he truly means no harm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
2. How long did the companions spend in Lothlorien before continuing their journey?
3. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
4. How long does the Entmoot last before they decide to attack Isengard?
5. What does Legolas see while at the House of Healing that makes him want to go to sea?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)