|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
2. What does Frodo request from the men as they are escorted away from the waterfall?
(a) To be trusted to be untied.
(b) To take them to the best path to Mordor.
(c) To fill their packs with food.
(d) To be blindfolded.
3. What does Merry feel like as he rides with Legolas and Gimli towards Helm's Deep after the parley at Isengard?
(a) Lonely without Pippin.
(b) A true companion.
(c) Little more than baggage.
(d) Strangely confident.
4. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Merry and Pippen.
(b) Bilbo and Fatty.
(c) Boromir and Faramir.
(d) Aragor and Arwen.
5. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
(a) He is not at all surprised.
(b) He seems angry.
(c) He knows Frodo's name.
(d) He tries to take the ring by force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
2. What is Galadriel's gift to Sam?
3. How long did the companions spend in Lothlorien before continuing their journey?
4. Who does Pippin help carry to the House of Healing after the battle at Minas Tirith?
5. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)