|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frodo escape when Boramir tries to steal the Ring from him?
(a) He runs and hides with his elven cloak.
(b) He begins to cry, and Boramir feels instant remorse.
(c) He puts on the ring and vanishes from sight.
(d) He promises to give it to Boramir when they reach Mordor.
2. Who does Pippin help carry to the House of Healing after the battle at Minas Tirith?
3. How long did the companions spend in Lothlorien before continuing their journey?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) A month.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
4. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
(a) Sell his house for a profit.
(b) Take over his farm and grow rich off the proceeds.
(c) Follow a day's length behind them to ward off any coming danger.
(d) Live in Frodo's house and keep Frodo's absence a secret.
5. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
(a) They will grow or shrink to fit the person wearing them.
(b) They can blend into the background.
(c) They will never be cold while wearing them.
(d) They will never tear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
2. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
3. Why does Frodo request what he does from the men as he is escorted away from the waterfall?
4. Where does Gandalf advise Theoden to go before he leaves them on an urgent errand?
5. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)