|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gimli promise to do for Legolas as they ride through the forest towards Isengard?
(a) Be a life-long friend.
(b) Take him on a tour of his home caves.
(c) Die by his side in battle if necessary.
(d) Share the spoils of the next victory.
2. What causes Eomer to fight fiercely with no thought for his own safety?
(a) The sight of little Merry fighting bravely.
(b) Heckling from an Orc leader.
(c) Some encouraging words from Gandalf.
(d) The sight of Theoden and Eowyn dead.
3. What does Denethor claim that he has seen Gandalf doing in his seeing stone during the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Setting himself up to be the King of Gondor.
(b) Allow good people to die for a hopeless cause.
(c) Carrying the Ring of Power.
(d) Keeping ties with Sauran.
4. What mysterious force are the orcs using to make holes in the walls of the fortress?
(a) Spells of Saruman.
(b) Blasting fire.
(d) Spring loaded weapons.
5. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
(a) Protection from the elves.
(c) Orc spies.
(d) A crocadilly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
2. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
3. What does Sam see in Galadriel's mirror that makes him beg to return to the Shire?
4. Who kills the Nazgul King who no man could slay?
5. What is on the head of the statue of a king that Frodo and Sam see as they journey to the less traveled path to Mordor?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)