|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wormtongue throw down at Gandalf during the parley with Saruman?
(a) Orc corpses.
(b) A round stone.
(d) Burning limbs.
2. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
3. What is Gimli so ashamed of as he travels with Aragorn on his secret mission?
(a) He is the only dwarf.
(b) He is the smallest person in the party.
(c) He does not agree with this decision of Aragorn's.
(d) He is afraid.
4. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
5. How does Treebeard describe Saruman when he takes Merry and Pippin to his home?
(a) He was once a gracious man.
(b) He is a man poisoned by greed and blind to evil.
(c) He has a mind of metal and wheels.
(d) He is the enemy of nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
2. What is so overpowering when Frodo and Sam enter Shelob's lair?
3. Why does Frodo request what he does from the men as he is escorted away from the waterfall?
4. What does Merry feel like as he rides with Legolas and Gimli towards Helm's Deep after the parley at Isengard?
5. What does Gollum see after their climb up the stairs that softens his heart towards Sam for a moment?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)