|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gimli promise to do for Legolas as they ride through the forest towards Isengard?
(a) Be a life-long friend.
(b) Share the spoils of the next victory.
(c) Take him on a tour of his home caves.
(d) Die by his side in battle if necessary.
2. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
(a) He is afraid to be alone.
(b) He knows that he can trust Sam to not try to take the Ring.
(c) Sam is drowning.
(d) Sam is his best friend.
3. What do Frodo and Sam find at the exit of Shelob's lair?
(a) A giant rock rolled in the way.
(b) A giant web.
(c) Shelob waiting to attack.
(d) A dead Orc.
4. Where does Theoden lead his men after receiving word that Gondor's troops are in trouble?
(a) Minas Tirith.
(d) Helm's Deep.
5. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
(a) The head Orc.
(b) A traitor Rohan Rider.
(d) A watchguard of elves.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
2. What scares Theoden's horse and causes it to buck during the battle at Minas Tirith?
3. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
4. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
5. What signal is brought to Theoden that means Gondor is in dire need?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)