|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
(a) She fears her husband would kill her to gain the Ring for himself.
(b) She has seen a vision of Frodo destroying the ring himself.
(c) She already has one of the rings, and knows she cannot control the power of two.
(d) She sees what the future would be like if she did.
2. What do Gimli and Legolas discuss as they walk through Minas Tirith after the battle?
(a) How unexpected their vicotry was.
(b) How much better the dwarves and elves could have made it.
(c) How they are confused about the lack of news from Frodo.
(d) How unexpected their friendship is.
3. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
4. What mysterious force are the orcs using to make holes in the walls of the fortress?
(a) Spring loaded weapons.
(b) Spells of Saruman.
(c) Blasting fire.
5. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
(a) The remains of a campfire.
(b) Some foot prints.
(c) A strip from Gandalf's robe,
(d) A note scratched on a rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Aragorn give rule of the city to?
2. What does Denethor claim that he has seen Gandalf doing in his seeing stone during the battle at Minas Tirith?
3. What scares the great spider away in Shelob's lair?
4. Who tells Gandalf what Denethor is doing during the battle at Minas Tirith?
5. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)