|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
(a) He is happy to have avoided harm.
(b) He is afraid that there may be more danger involved now that he has joined them.
(c) He is excited to show his bravery during the next trial they will face.
(d) He is disappointed about missing the action.
2. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
(a) Sell his house for a profit.
(b) Follow a day's length behind them to ward off any coming danger.
(c) Live in Frodo's house and keep Frodo's absence a secret.
(d) Take over his farm and grow rich off the proceeds.
3. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
(a) The evil spirits who inhabit the trees.
(b) The spells cast on it by wizards.
(c) The Withywindle River.
(d) The strong imagination of the hobbits.
4. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Gandalf Stormcrow.
(b) Mr. Underhill.
(c) Bilbo Baggins.
(d) Mr. Rider
5. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(c) A Dark Rider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
2. Why does Aragorn decide to travel on boats down the river when they leave Lothlorien?
3. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
4. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
5. What is so different about the Old forest?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)