|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
(a) Singing and dancing on a table.
(b) Speaking to the bartender of the Prancing Pony.
(c) Rushing to tell Pippen to be quiet.
(d) Trying to hide from Strider.
2. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
(a) She has seen a vision of Frodo destroying the ring himself.
(b) She fears her husband would kill her to gain the Ring for himself.
(c) She sees what the future would be like if she did.
(d) She already has one of the rings, and knows she cannot control the power of two.
3. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
(a) That they promise to not tell Gandalf he was there.
(b) That they allow him to wear the ring while at the Prancing Pony.
(c) That they split with him the gifts they will get at Rivendell.
(d) That they let him be their guide.
4. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
5. What is Galadriel's gift to Sam?
(a) 3 strands of her hair.
(b) A box of earth from her garden.
(c) A silver belt.
(d) A golden sheath for his sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Bilbo give Frodo before Frodo sets out on his mission to destroy the Ring?
2. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
3. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
4. What is so different about the Old forest?
5. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)