|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Aragor and Arwen.
(b) Merry and Pippen.
(c) Bilbo and Fatty.
(d) Boromir and Faramir.
2. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
3. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) A letter from Gandalf.
(b) A pint of mead from Moria.
(c) Instructions from Bilbo.
(d) Some weapons from the elves.
4. What does Sam see in Galadriel's mirror that makes him beg to return to the Shire?
(a) Rosy getting married to Fatty.
(b) The Black Nights killing his father.
(c) Ted Sandyman cutting down all the trees in the Shire.
(d) A pile of burnt rubble where his town used to be.
5. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
(b) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
(c) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
(d) Their ponies have been stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
2. What is so different about the Old forest?
3. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
4. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
5. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)