|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Mr. Rider
(b) Gandalf Stormcrow.
(c) Bilbo Baggins.
(d) Mr. Underhill.
2. What is Galadriel's gift to Sam?
(a) A golden sheath for his sword.
(b) A silver belt.
(c) A box of earth from her garden.
(d) 3 strands of her hair.
3. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
4. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It becomes freezing cold.
(b) It becomes hot and burns him.
(c) It cuts his finger.
(d) It disintegrates.
5. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
(a) The river.
(c) A dragon.
(d) An elven spell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
2. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
3. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
4. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
5. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)