|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Boromir and Faramir.
(b) Aragor and Arwen.
(c) Bilbo and Fatty.
(d) Merry and Pippen.
2. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It cuts his finger.
(b) It disintegrates.
(c) It becomes hot and burns him.
(d) It becomes freezing cold.
3. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
(b) The river.
(c) A dragon.
(d) An elven spell.
4. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
(a) He is afraid that there may be more danger involved now that he has joined them.
(b) He is excited to show his bravery during the next trial they will face.
(c) He is disappointed about missing the action.
(d) He is happy to have avoided harm.
5. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
2. What does Sam see in Galadriel's mirror that makes him beg to return to the Shire?
3. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
4. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
5. Why does Aragorn decide to travel on boats down the river when they leave Lothlorien?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)