|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many doors are there for Gandalf to choose from when he becomes stumped while traveling through Moria?
2. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
(a) They will never tear.
(b) They will never be cold while wearing them.
(c) They will grow or shrink to fit the person wearing them.
(d) They can blend into the background.
3. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
4. Why does Aragorn decide to travel on boats down the river when they leave Lothlorien?
(a) Orcs cannot follow tracks of a boat in water.
(b) He saw them traveling this way in Galadriel's mirror.
(c) They can move faster in the water.
(d) He has not decided which side of the river he wants to travel on.
5. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) A pint of mead from Moria.
(b) Instructions from Bilbo.
(c) A letter from Gandalf.
(d) Some weapons from the elves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
2. What does Sam see in Galadriel's mirror that makes him beg to return to the Shire?
3. What is so different about the Old forest?
4. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
5. What gift does Bilbo give Frodo before Frodo sets out on his mission to destroy the Ring?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)