|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
(a) He escapes out a back door.
(b) He lies to them and sends them in the opposite direction.
(c) He holds his breath and pretends to be dead.
(d) He runs to the Gaffer's house and hide behind the barrells of ale.
2. What does Sam see in Galadriel's mirror that makes him beg to return to the Shire?
(a) Rosy getting married to Fatty.
(b) Ted Sandyman cutting down all the trees in the Shire.
(c) A pile of burnt rubble where his town used to be.
(d) The Black Nights killing his father.
3. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
(a) They will never tear.
(b) They can blend into the background.
(c) They will grow or shrink to fit the person wearing them.
(d) They will never be cold while wearing them.
4. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(d) A Dark Rider.
5. What is so different about the Old forest?
(a) The trees are all dead.
(b) The trees are alive and aware of who enters.
(c) The trees talk to the people who journey through it.
(d) The trees house evil spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many doors are there for Gandalf to choose from when he becomes stumped while traveling through Moria?
2. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
3. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
4. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
5. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)