|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Mr. Underhill.
(b) Mr. Rider
(c) Gandalf Stormcrow.
(d) Bilbo Baggins.
2. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) Their ponies have been stolen.
(b) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
(c) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
(d) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
3. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Boromir and Faramir.
(b) Merry and Pippen.
(c) Aragor and Arwen.
(d) Bilbo and Fatty.
4. Who does the monster in the water outside the doors of Moria attack first?
5. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It disintegrates.
(b) It becomes freezing cold.
(c) It cuts his finger.
(d) It becomes hot and burns him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
2. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
3. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
4. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
5. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)