|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Merry and Pippen.
(b) Aragor and Arwen.
(c) Boromir and Faramir.
(d) Bilbo and Fatty.
2. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
(a) He is excited to show his bravery during the next trial they will face.
(b) He is afraid that there may be more danger involved now that he has joined them.
(c) He is disappointed about missing the action.
(d) He is happy to have avoided harm.
3. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
(a) Sings a tribute for Balin.
(b) Speaks to the party of all the greatness of the dwarves.
(c) Gives him a gift.
(d) Speaks to him in the dwarvish tongue.
4. What is Galadriel's gift to Sam?
(a) A silver belt.
(b) A box of earth from her garden.
(c) 3 strands of her hair.
(d) A golden sheath for his sword.
5. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It cuts his finger.
(b) It becomes freezing cold.
(c) It becomes hot and burns him.
(d) It disintegrates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
2. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
3. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
4. Why does Aragorn decide to travel on boats down the river when they leave Lothlorien?
5. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)