|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
2. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
(a) That they promise to not tell Gandalf he was there.
(b) That they let him be their guide.
(c) That they split with him the gifts they will get at Rivendell.
(d) That they allow him to wear the ring while at the Prancing Pony.
3. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
(b) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
(c) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
(d) Their ponies have been stolen.
4. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
(a) They can blend into the background.
(b) They will never be cold while wearing them.
(c) They will never tear.
(d) They will grow or shrink to fit the person wearing them.
5. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) Some weapons.
(b) Some food.
(c) An intricate piece of jewelery.
(d) A map.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
2. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
3. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
4. What does Sam see in Galadriel's mirror that makes him beg to return to the Shire?
5. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)