|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
2. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
(a) He escapes out a back door.
(b) He runs to the Gaffer's house and hide behind the barrells of ale.
(c) He lies to them and sends them in the opposite direction.
(d) He holds his breath and pretends to be dead.
3. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
(a) He is not at all surprised.
(b) He knows Frodo's name.
(c) He tries to take the ring by force.
(d) He seems angry.
4. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
5. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Boromir and Faramir.
(b) Merry and Pippen.
(c) Aragor and Arwen.
(d) Bilbo and Fatty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
2. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
3. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
4. What is so different about the Old forest?
5. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)