|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
(a) They are trying to hide from Bill Ferny.
(b) Their ponies have been stolen.
(c) Pippen is hungover from drinking.
(d) Merry is still unconscious from his run-in with a Black Rider.
2. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
(a) Take over his farm and grow rich off the proceeds.
(b) Sell his house for a profit.
(c) Follow a day's length behind them to ward off any coming danger.
(d) Live in Frodo's house and keep Frodo's absence a secret.
3. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
(a) The strong imagination of the hobbits.
(b) The evil spirits who inhabit the trees.
(c) The spells cast on it by wizards.
(d) The Withywindle River.
4. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It becomes hot and burns him.
(b) It becomes freezing cold.
(c) It cuts his finger.
(d) It disintegrates.
5. What is so different about the Old forest?
(a) The trees house evil spirits.
(b) The trees talk to the people who journey through it.
(c) The trees are alive and aware of who enters.
(d) The trees are all dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
2. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
3. What does Sam see in Galadriel's mirror that makes him beg to return to the Shire?
4. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
5. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)