|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many doors are there for Gandalf to choose from when he becomes stumped while traveling through Moria?
2. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
(a) He holds his breath and pretends to be dead.
(b) He runs to the Gaffer's house and hide behind the barrells of ale.
(c) He lies to them and sends them in the opposite direction.
(d) He escapes out a back door.
3. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
4. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
(a) That they let him be their guide.
(b) That they split with him the gifts they will get at Rivendell.
(c) That they allow him to wear the ring while at the Prancing Pony.
(d) That they promise to not tell Gandalf he was there.
5. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
(a) Some food.
(b) An intricate piece of jewelery.
(c) Some weapons.
(d) A map.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam see in Galadriel's mirror that makes him beg to return to the Shire?
2. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
3. Why are the hobbits not able to leave as early as they had planned the morning after their stay at the Prancing Pony?
4. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
5. What do the Black Riders look like when Frodo is wearing the Ring?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)