|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
(a) He knows Frodo's name.
(b) He is not at all surprised.
(c) He tries to take the ring by force.
(d) He seems angry.
2. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
3. What is so different about the Old forest?
(a) The trees are alive and aware of who enters.
(b) The trees are all dead.
(c) The trees talk to the people who journey through it.
(d) The trees house evil spirits.
4. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
(a) She fears her husband would kill her to gain the Ring for himself.
(b) She sees what the future would be like if she did.
(c) She has seen a vision of Frodo destroying the ring himself.
(d) She already has one of the rings, and knows she cannot control the power of two.
5. What happens to the knife that stabbed Frodo when Aragorn picks it up?
(a) It becomes freezing cold.
(b) It disintegrates.
(c) It cuts his finger.
(d) It becomes hot and burns him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fatty plan to do when Frodo has left the shire?
2. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
3. Who does the monster in the water outside the doors of Moria attack first?
4. How many doors are there for Gandalf to choose from when he becomes stumped while traveling through Moria?
5. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)