|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so different about the Old forest?
(a) The trees house evil spirits.
(b) The trees talk to the people who journey through it.
(c) The trees are all dead.
(d) The trees are alive and aware of who enters.
2. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
(a) Speaking to the bartender of the Prancing Pony.
(b) Rushing to tell Pippen to be quiet.
(c) Singing and dancing on a table.
(d) Trying to hide from Strider.
3. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
(a) That they let him be their guide.
(b) That they allow him to wear the ring while at the Prancing Pony.
(c) That they split with him the gifts they will get at Rivendell.
(d) That they promise to not tell Gandalf he was there.
4. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Aragor and Arwen.
(b) Bilbo and Fatty.
(c) Merry and Pippen.
(d) Boromir and Faramir.
5. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
(a) The spells cast on it by wizards.
(b) The evil spirits who inhabit the trees.
(c) The strong imagination of the hobbits.
(d) The Withywindle River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
2. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
3. What is so valuable about the cloaks that the elves give the companions as they leave Lothlorien?
4. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
5. What is Galadriel's gift to Sam?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)