|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galadriel do when she meets Gimli that makes him so happy?
(a) Sings a tribute for Balin.
(b) Speaks to the party of all the greatness of the dwarves.
(c) Speaks to him in the dwarvish tongue.
(d) Gives him a gift.
2. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
3. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
(a) Rushing to tell Pippen to be quiet.
(b) Trying to hide from Strider.
(c) Singing and dancing on a table.
(d) Speaking to the bartender of the Prancing Pony.
4. How does Merry respond when he hears of what the other hobbits have experienced before meeting him?
(a) He is excited to show his bravery during the next trial they will face.
(b) He is happy to have avoided harm.
(c) He is afraid that there may be more danger involved now that he has joined them.
(d) He is disappointed about missing the action.
5. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
(a) The Withywindle River.
(b) The evil spirits who inhabit the trees.
(c) The spells cast on it by wizards.
(d) The strong imagination of the hobbits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aragorn decide to travel on boats down the river when they leave Lothlorien?
2. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
3. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
4. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
5. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)