|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 7 | Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Mr. Underhill.
(b) Gandalf Stormcrow.
(c) Mr. Rider
(d) Bilbo Baggins.
2. What has caused the oddities of the Old forest?
(a) The spells cast on it by wizards.
(b) The Withywindle River.
(c) The strong imagination of the hobbits.
(d) The evil spirits who inhabit the trees.
3. How many doors are there for Gandalf to choose from when he becomes stumped while traveling through Moria?
4. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
(a) He runs to the Gaffer's house and hide behind the barrells of ale.
(b) He holds his breath and pretends to be dead.
(c) He escapes out a back door.
(d) He lies to them and sends them in the opposite direction.
5. Why does Aragorn decide to travel on boats down the river when they leave Lothlorien?
(a) He saw them traveling this way in Galadriel's mirror.
(b) He has not decided which side of the river he wants to travel on.
(c) Orcs cannot follow tracks of a boat in water.
(d) They can move faster in the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Galadriel to refuse the Ring when Frodo offers to give it to her?
2. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
3. What gift does Bilbo give Frodo before Frodo sets out on his mission to destroy the Ring?
4. What does Aragorn find in Weathertop that lets him know that Gandalf was there recently?
5. What sends 3 of the 5 Black Riders away as Frodo and Glorfindel are rushing to Rivendell?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)