Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 8 | Book 5, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aragorn decide to go after speaking with the Rangers who found him?
(a) The Paths of the Dead.
(b) To find Frodo at Mordor.
(c) Back to Isengard.
(d) To Rivendell to be with Arwen.
2. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
(a) Gollum swore an oath on the ring.
(b) Gollum has an intense sense of loyalty.
(c) Frodo and Gollum are made brothers by the suffering the Ring causes.
(d) Gollum lost the Ring once and will not let it out of his sight again.
3. Who does Aragorn give rule of the city to?
4. How does Fatty escape from the Black Riders when they come to the shire to find Frodo?
(a) He holds his breath and pretends to be dead.
(b) He runs to the Gaffer's house and hide behind the barrells of ale.
(c) He lies to them and sends them in the opposite direction.
(d) He escapes out a back door.
5. What does Sam see in Galadriel's mirror that makes him beg to return to the Shire?
(a) Rosy getting married to Fatty.
(b) The Black Nights killing his father.
(c) Ted Sandyman cutting down all the trees in the Shire.
(d) A pile of burnt rubble where his town used to be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Merry do to several orcs without any of them trying to hurt him and Pippin?
2. Where does Gandalf advise Theoden to go before he leaves them on an urgent errand?
3. What does Frodo find that the elves left for him the first morning of his journey with the ring? ?
4. What did the Black rider offer Farmer Maggot for information about Baggins?
5. What are the Dunlendings forced to do as punishment for joining the attack on Rohan?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)