|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 2 | Book 4, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
(a) Gollum has an intense sense of loyalty.
(b) Gollum lost the Ring once and will not let it out of his sight again.
(c) Gollum swore an oath on the ring.
(d) Frodo and Gollum are made brothers by the suffering the Ring causes.
2. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) The End of Dreams.
(b) The Gate of Sauron.
(c) The Passage of Death.
(d) The Black Gate.
3. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(a) A Dark Rider.
4. Who won the Orc-killing game during the battle against Rohan?
5. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gandalf advise Theoden to go before he leaves them on an urgent errand?
2. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
3. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
4. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
5. How many doors are there for Gandalf to choose from when he becomes stumped while traveling through Moria?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)