|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 2 | Book 4, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many doors are there for Gandalf to choose from when he becomes stumped while traveling through Moria?
2. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) Some weapons from the elves.
(b) Instructions from Bilbo.
(c) A pint of mead from Moria.
(d) A letter from Gandalf.
3. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
(a) The Crippling Caves.
(b) The Fanghorn Forest.
(c) The Dead Marshes.
(d) The Murky Depths.
4. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
5. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
(a) He tries to take the ring by force.
(b) He knows Frodo's name.
(c) He is not at all surprised.
(d) He seems angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
2. What does Gimli promise to do for Legolas as they ride through the forest towards Isengard?
3. How long did the companions spend in Lothlorien before continuing their journey?
4. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
5. What mysterious force are the orcs using to make holes in the walls of the fortress?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)