|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 2 | Book 4, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
(b) Orc spies.
(c) Protection from the elves.
(d) A crocadilly.
2. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
(a) He is afraid to be alone.
(b) Sam is his best friend.
(c) He knows that he can trust Sam to not try to take the Ring.
(d) Sam is drowning.
3. What is the name of Gollum's kinder split pesonality?
4. Why does Frodo choose to continue his journey alone?
(a) He knows that the Ring poses too much danger to his friends.
(b) He saw himself travelling alone in Galadriel's mirror.
(c) He wants the ring for himself.
(d) He is afraid of Boramir.
5. How long did the companions spend in Lothlorien before continuing their journey?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
2. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
3. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
4. Who won the Orc-killing game during the battle against Rohan?
5. Who does the monster in the water outside the doors of Moria attack first?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)