|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 2 | Book 4, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mysterious force are the orcs using to make holes in the walls of the fortress?
(a) Blasting fire.
(b) Spells of Saruman.
(d) Spring loaded weapons.
2. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
(a) He is afraid to be alone.
(b) Sam is his best friend.
(c) Sam is drowning.
(d) He knows that he can trust Sam to not try to take the Ring.
3. Who does the monster in the water outside the doors of Moria attack first?
4. What are the Dunlendings forced to do as punishment for joining the attack on Rohan?
(a) Build mounds for the dead and stack orc corpses.
(b) Become a territory of Rohan.
(c) Pay half of their harvest as a payment for the lands ruined in the battle.
(d) Enlist in the Rohan army.
5. How long did the companions spend in Lothlorien before continuing their journey?
(a) A month.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
2. What does Gimli promise to do for Legolas as they ride through the forest towards Isengard?
3. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
4. How does Frodo escape when Boramir tries to steal the Ring from him?
5. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)