|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 2 | Book 4, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who won the Orc-killing game during the battle against Rohan?
2. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
(a) Mr. Underhill.
(b) Gandalf Stormcrow.
(c) Bilbo Baggins.
(d) Mr. Rider
3. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) It is too heavily guarded.
(b) Sam falls ill and is unable to continue at the present.
(c) Frodo is not ready to give the ring back.
(d) They are captured.
4. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
5. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
(a) Orc spies.
(b) Protection from the elves.
(c) A crocadilly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
2. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
3. How long did the companions spend in Lothlorien before continuing their journey?
4. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
5. Why does Frodo choose to continue his journey alone?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)