|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 2 | Book 4, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attacks the fellowship the night before they plan to head to Moria?
2. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) The Gate of Sauron.
(b) The Passage of Death.
(c) The End of Dreams.
(d) The Black Gate.
3. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) A pint of mead from Moria.
(b) A letter from Gandalf.
(c) Instructions from Bilbo.
(d) Some weapons from the elves.
4. How does Frodo escape when Boramir tries to steal the Ring from him?
(a) He promises to give it to Boramir when they reach Mordor.
(b) He runs and hides with his elven cloak.
(c) He begins to cry, and Boramir feels instant remorse.
(d) He puts on the ring and vanishes from sight.
5. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
(a) Frodo is not ready to give the ring back.
(b) They are captured.
(c) It is too heavily guarded.
(d) Sam falls ill and is unable to continue at the present.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the monster in the water outside the doors of Moria attack first?
2. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
3. Where does Gandalf advise Theoden to go before he leaves them on an urgent errand?
4. How many doors are there for Gandalf to choose from when he becomes stumped while traveling through Moria?
5. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)