|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 2 | Book 4, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
(a) The Murky Depths.
(b) The Fanghorn Forest.
(c) The Crippling Caves.
(d) The Dead Marshes.
2. What gift does Bilbo give Frodo before Frodo sets out on his mission to destroy the Ring?
(a) A finished copy of his memiors.
(b) An unbreakable chain to put the ring on.
(c) A sword and a shirt of mail.
(d) A set of clothing that can render him invisible.
3. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
(a) That they let him be their guide.
(b) That they split with him the gifts they will get at Rivendell.
(c) That they allow him to wear the ring while at the Prancing Pony.
(d) That they promise to not tell Gandalf he was there.
4. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
(a) Frodo and Gollum are made brothers by the suffering the Ring causes.
(b) Gollum has an intense sense of loyalty.
(c) Gollum lost the Ring once and will not let it out of his sight again.
(d) Gollum swore an oath on the ring.
5. What does Barliman give Frodo that he was supposed to have received months earlier?
(a) A letter from Gandalf.
(b) Some weapons from the elves.
(c) Instructions from Bilbo.
(d) A pint of mead from Moria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
2. What mysterious force are the orcs using to make holes in the walls of the fortress?
3. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
4. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
5. How does Frodo escape when Boramir tries to steal the Ring from him?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)