|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 2 | Book 4, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
(b) A group of Orcs.
(c) A troop of Mordor Soldiers.
(d) A Nazgul.
2. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
(a) Orc spies.
(b) A crocadilly.
(c) Protection from the elves.
3. How does Frodo escape when Boramir tries to steal the Ring from him?
(a) He promises to give it to Boramir when they reach Mordor.
(b) He begins to cry, and Boramir feels instant remorse.
(c) He runs and hides with his elven cloak.
(d) He puts on the ring and vanishes from sight.
4. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
(a) That they split with him the gifts they will get at Rivendell.
(b) That they promise to not tell Gandalf he was there.
(c) That they let him be their guide.
(d) That they allow him to wear the ring while at the Prancing Pony.
5. How many doors are there for Gandalf to choose from when he becomes stumped while traveling through Moria?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the companions spend in Lothlorien before continuing their journey?
2. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
3. Where does Gandalf advise Theoden to go before he leaves them on an urgent errand?
4. Why does Frodo choose to continue his journey alone?
5. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)