|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 2 | Book 4, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who won the Orc-killing game during the battle against Rohan?
2. How does Frodo escape when Boramir tries to steal the Ring from him?
(a) He runs and hides with his elven cloak.
(b) He promises to give it to Boramir when they reach Mordor.
(c) He puts on the ring and vanishes from sight.
(d) He begins to cry, and Boramir feels instant remorse.
3. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
(a) A crocadilly.
(c) Orc spies.
(d) Protection from the elves.
4. As they are forming the fellowship, what does Gandalf say will often suceed when bravery will not?
5. What mysterious force are the orcs using to make holes in the walls of the fortress?
(a) Blasting fire.
(b) Spells of Saruman.
(d) Spring loaded weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
2. What gift does Bilbo give Frodo before Frodo sets out on his mission to destroy the Ring?
3. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
4. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
5. What name is Frodo using to conceal his identity when they enter Bree?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)