|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 2 | Book 4, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
(d) A Dark Rider.
2. How does Frodo escape when Boramir tries to steal the Ring from him?
(a) He promises to give it to Boramir when they reach Mordor.
(b) He puts on the ring and vanishes from sight.
(c) He runs and hides with his elven cloak.
(d) He begins to cry, and Boramir feels instant remorse.
3. What does Gimli promise to do for Legolas as they ride through the forest towards Isengard?
(a) Be a life-long friend.
(b) Take him on a tour of his home caves.
(c) Share the spoils of the next victory.
(d) Die by his side in battle if necessary.
4. What are the Dunlendings forced to do as punishment for joining the attack on Rohan?
(a) Enlist in the Rohan army.
(b) Become a territory of Rohan.
(c) Build mounds for the dead and stack orc corpses.
(d) Pay half of their harvest as a payment for the lands ruined in the battle.
5. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
(b) A crocadilly.
(c) Protection from the elves.
(d) Orc spies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
2. What is Frodo doing when he accidentally puts on the Ring and vanishes from sight?
3. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
4. Where does Gandalf advise Theoden to go before he leaves them on an urgent errand?
5. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)