|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 2 | Book 4, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gimli promise to do for Legolas as they ride through the forest towards Isengard?
(a) Be a life-long friend.
(b) Share the spoils of the next victory.
(c) Die by his side in battle if necessary.
(d) Take him on a tour of his home caves.
2. Who won the Orc-killing game during the battle against Rohan?
3. Where does Gandalf advise Theoden to go before he leaves them on an urgent errand?
(c) Minas Tirith.
(d) Helm's Deep.
4. What does Strider say is the cost of his information when Frodo questions him in the Prancing Pony?
(a) That they let him be their guide.
(b) That they promise to not tell Gandalf he was there.
(c) That they split with him the gifts they will get at Rivendell.
(d) That they allow him to wear the ring while at the Prancing Pony.
5. Who says they will be part of the companionship of the ring, or be sent home in sacks?
(a) Boromir and Faramir.
(b) Aragor and Arwen.
(c) Merry and Pippen.
(d) Bilbo and Fatty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the main entrance to Mordor?
2. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
3. How many doors are there for Gandalf to choose from when he becomes stumped while traveling through Moria?
4. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
5. Why do Sam and Frodo choose to not enter through the main entrance to Mordor?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)