|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 2 | Book 4, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sam and Frodo have to travel through to get to Mordor?
(a) The Crippling Caves.
(b) The Fanghorn Forest.
(c) The Dead Marshes.
(d) The Murky Depths.
2. Where does Gandalf advise Theoden to go before he leaves them on an urgent errand?
(a) Minas Tirith.
(b) Helm's Deep.
3. Why does Frodo have to save Sam before he can head out alone?
(a) He is afraid to be alone.
(b) Sam is his best friend.
(c) He knows that he can trust Sam to not try to take the Ring.
(d) Sam is drowning.
4. What reaction does Strider have to Frodo's accidental disappearance that is suspicious to Sam?
(a) He tries to take the ring by force.
(b) He knows Frodo's name.
(c) He seems angry.
(d) He is not at all surprised.
5. What gift does Bilbo give Frodo before Frodo sets out on his mission to destroy the Ring?
(a) A sword and a shirt of mail.
(b) A finished copy of his memiors.
(c) A set of clothing that can render him invisible.
(d) An unbreakable chain to put the ring on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who willingly rides in Legolas's boat as the companions travel away from Lothlorien?
2. What is the 'log with eyes' that Sam sees one night while traveling down the river away from Lothlorien?
3. Who does Frodo find in his room at the Prancing Pony as he stirs his fire back to life?
4. What passes by Sam and Frodo as they are travellng to Mordor that causes them to hide by a bush?
5. What ties Gollum so strongly to Frodo while he has the Ring?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)