|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
(a) "They are coming."
(b) "There is no escape here in the deep."
(c) "There were drums, drums."
(d) "Fear enfolds us and pushes us on."
2. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
(b) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
(c) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
(d) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
3. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
(a) It is pure water with healing powers.
(b) It is filled with blood.
(c) It mirrors the mountains and stars even in the sunlight.
(d) It is a burial ground for Dwarf warriors.
4. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
(b) The head Orc.
(c) A traitor Rohan Rider.
(d) A watchguard of elves.
5. What does Wormtongue throw down at Gandalf during the parley with Saruman?
(a) Burning limbs.
(c) Orc corpses.
(d) A round stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
2. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
3. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
4. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
5. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)