|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) They are afraid of Theoden.
(b) They hate the orcs.
(c) Gandalf told them to.
(d) They want to prove to Rohan which side they are on.
2. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
(a) Half the jewels of Moria.
(b) The Ring itself.
(c) A star.
(d) The entire Shire.
3. What does Wormtongue throw down at Gandalf during the parley with Saruman?
(a) Burning limbs.
(b) A round stone.
(d) Orc corpses.
4. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
(a) A word.
(b) His hands.
(c) His Staff.
(d) A sword.
5. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) Half of the spoils of the battle.
(b) New of the mission of Frodo.
(c) A good word with Gandalf.
(d) To leave the forest to the Wildmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
2. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
3. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
4. Where did Saruman run when Isengard was being attacked?
5. What pulls Gandalf down into the abyss with the Balrog?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)