|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who destroyed Isengard?
(a) The Ents.
(b) The army of Mordor.
(c) The orcs.
(d) The army of Rohan.
2. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
(a) "They are coming."
(b) "There is no escape here in the deep."
(c) "There were drums, drums."
(d) "Fear enfolds us and pushes us on."
3. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
(a) A watchguard of elves.
(b) A traitor Rohan Rider.
(d) The head Orc.
4. What does Wormtongue throw down at Gandalf during the parley with Saruman?
(a) A round stone.
(b) Orc corpses.
(d) Burning limbs.
5. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
(a) His hands.
(b) A sword.
(c) His Staff.
(d) A word.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
2. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
3. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
4. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
5. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)