|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
(a) A horrible sound of thunder.
(b) A mighty war cry.
(c) The horn of Rohan.
(d) The cock crowing the morning.
2. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
(a) It is filled with blood.
(b) It mirrors the mountains and stars even in the sunlight.
(c) It is a burial ground for Dwarf warriors.
(d) It is pure water with healing powers.
3. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
(b) A Balrog.
(d) A mysterious elf.
4. What does Wormtongue throw down at Gandalf during the parley with Saruman?
(a) A round stone.
(c) Orc corpses.
(d) Burning limbs.
5. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
(a) A star.
(b) Half the jewels of Moria.
(c) The entire Shire.
(d) The Ring itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
2. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
3. What pulls Gandalf down into the abyss with the Balrog?
4. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
5. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)