|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) New of the mission of Frodo.
(b) To leave the forest to the Wildmen.
(c) A good word with Gandalf.
(d) Half of the spoils of the battle.
2. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
(a) It is filled with blood.
(b) It is a burial ground for Dwarf warriors.
(c) It is pure water with healing powers.
(d) It mirrors the mountains and stars even in the sunlight.
3. Who destroyed Isengard?
(a) The orcs.
(b) The army of Mordor.
(c) The army of Rohan.
(d) The Ents.
4. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Gets closer to Theoden.
(b) Recites memorized prayer over and over.
(c) Encourages the other men to never lose faith.
(d) Moves to the back of the line and runs away.
5. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
(b) A mysterious elf.
(c) A Balrog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
2. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
3. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
4. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
5. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)