|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
(a) His hands.
(b) A sword.
(c) His Staff.
(d) A word.
2. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His mind.
(c) His voice.
(d) His staff.
3. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
(a) A host of Orc warriors.
(b) A great eagle.
(c) Denethor in a crazed state.
(d) A nazgul.
4. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
(b) A mysterious elf.
(d) A Balrog.
5. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Encourages the other men to never lose faith.
(b) Moves to the back of the line and runs away.
(c) Recites memorized prayer over and over.
(d) Gets closer to Theoden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
2. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
3. What pulls Gandalf down into the abyss with the Balrog?
4. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
5. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)