|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
(a) "Fear enfolds us and pushes us on."
(b) "There is no escape here in the deep."
(c) "There were drums, drums."
(d) "They are coming."
2. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
(a) His voice.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His mind.
(d) His staff.
3. What pulls Gandalf down into the abyss with the Balrog?
(a) A menacing troll.
(b) The Balrog's chain.
(c) The Balrog's whip.
(d) The Balrog's claw.
4. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
(a) A horrible sound of thunder.
(b) The cock crowing the morning.
(c) A mighty war cry.
(d) The horn of Rohan.
5. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
(b) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
(c) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
(d) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
2. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
3. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
4. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
5. What does Wormtongue throw down at Gandalf during the parley with Saruman?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)