|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
(a) It is filled with blood.
(b) It is a burial ground for Dwarf warriors.
(c) It mirrors the mountains and stars even in the sunlight.
(d) It is pure water with healing powers.
2. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
(a) "Fear enfolds us and pushes us on."
(b) "They are coming."
(c) "There were drums, drums."
(d) "There is no escape here in the deep."
3. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) A good word with Gandalf.
(b) To leave the forest to the Wildmen.
(c) Half of the spoils of the battle.
(d) New of the mission of Frodo.
4. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
(b) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
(c) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
(d) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
5. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
(a) The entire Shire.
(b) Half the jewels of Moria.
(c) A star.
(d) The Ring itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
2. What pulls Gandalf down into the abyss with the Balrog?
3. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
4. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
5. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)