|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
(a) A Balrog.
(d) A mysterious elf.
2. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
(a) The head Orc.
(b) A traitor Rohan Rider.
(c) A watchguard of elves.
3. What does Wormtongue throw down at Gandalf during the parley with Saruman?
(b) Orc corpses.
(c) Burning limbs.
(d) A round stone.
4. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
(b) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
(c) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
(d) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
5. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
(a) A horrible sound of thunder.
(b) The cock crowing the morning.
(c) The horn of Rohan.
(d) A mighty war cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
2. Where did Saruman run when Isengard was being attacked?
3. What pulls Gandalf down into the abyss with the Balrog?
4. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
5. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)