|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
(b) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
(c) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
(d) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
2. Where did Saruman run when Isengard was being attacked?
(a) The tower of Orthnac.
(b) The abyss of the earth.
(c) Towards the path to Mordor.
(d) The Main turret castle of Isengard.
3. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) They are afraid of Theoden.
(b) Gandalf told them to.
(c) They hate the orcs.
(d) They want to prove to Rohan which side they are on.
4. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
5. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
(a) His Staff.
(b) A sword.
(c) His hands.
(d) A word.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
2. Who destroyed Isengard?
3. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
4. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
5. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)