|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pulls Gandalf down into the abyss with the Balrog?
(a) The Balrog's claw.
(b) A menacing troll.
(c) The Balrog's chain.
(d) The Balrog's whip.
2. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
(c) A Balrog.
(d) A mysterious elf.
3. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
(a) A horrible sound of thunder.
(b) A mighty war cry.
(c) The cock crowing the morning.
(d) The horn of Rohan.
4. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
(b) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
(c) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
(d) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
5. What does Wormtongue throw down at Gandalf during the parley with Saruman?
(b) A round stone.
(c) Burning limbs.
(d) Orc corpses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
2. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
3. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
4. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
5. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)