|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
(a) A horrible sound of thunder.
(b) The cock crowing the morning.
(c) A mighty war cry.
(d) The horn of Rohan.
2. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
(b) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
(c) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
(d) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
3. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
(a) "They are coming."
(b) "Fear enfolds us and pushes us on."
(c) "There is no escape here in the deep."
(d) "There were drums, drums."
4. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) Gandalf told them to.
(b) They hate the orcs.
(c) They are afraid of Theoden.
(d) They want to prove to Rohan which side they are on.
5. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Moves to the back of the line and runs away.
(b) Recites memorized prayer over and over.
(c) Encourages the other men to never lose faith.
(d) Gets closer to Theoden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pulls Gandalf down into the abyss with the Balrog?
2. Where did Saruman run when Isengard was being attacked?
3. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
4. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
5. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)