|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
(a) A sword.
(b) His Staff.
(c) His hands.
(d) A word.
2. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
(a) The entire Shire.
(b) The Ring itself.
(c) A star.
(d) Half the jewels of Moria.
3. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
(b) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
(c) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
(d) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
4. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) To leave the forest to the Wildmen.
(b) A good word with Gandalf.
(c) New of the mission of Frodo.
(d) Half of the spoils of the battle.
5. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His staff.
(c) His voice.
(d) His mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
2. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
3. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
4. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
5. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)