|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
(a) A watchguard of elves.
(c) The head Orc.
(d) A traitor Rohan Rider.
2. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
(a) A word.
(b) His hands.
(c) A sword.
(d) His Staff.
3. Who destroyed Isengard?
(a) The orcs.
(b) The army of Rohan.
(c) The Ents.
(d) The army of Mordor.
4. What does Wormtongue throw down at Gandalf during the parley with Saruman?
(b) Orc corpses.
(c) A round stone.
(d) Burning limbs.
5. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
(a) Denethor in a crazed state.
(b) A great eagle.
(c) A nazgul.
(d) A host of Orc warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
2. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
3. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
4. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
5. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)