|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pulls Gandalf down into the abyss with the Balrog?
(a) The Balrog's chain.
(b) The Balrog's claw.
(c) The Balrog's whip.
(d) A menacing troll.
2. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
(a) A word.
(b) A sword.
(c) His Staff.
(d) His hands.
3. Who destroyed Isengard?
(a) The army of Mordor.
(b) The army of Rohan.
(c) The orcs.
(d) The Ents.
4. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
5. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) To leave the forest to the Wildmen.
(b) A good word with Gandalf.
(c) New of the mission of Frodo.
(d) Half of the spoils of the battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
2. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
3. Where did Saruman run when Isengard was being attacked?
4. What does Wormtongue throw down at Gandalf during the parley with Saruman?
5. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)