|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) To leave the forest to the Wildmen.
(b) A good word with Gandalf.
(c) Half of the spoils of the battle.
(d) New of the mission of Frodo.
2. What does Wormtongue throw down at Gandalf during the parley with Saruman?
(a) A round stone.
(c) Burning limbs.
(d) Orc corpses.
3. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
(a) A mighty war cry.
(b) The cock crowing the morning.
(c) A horrible sound of thunder.
(d) The horn of Rohan.
4. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
(a) "There were drums, drums."
(b) "There is no escape here in the deep."
(c) "Fear enfolds us and pushes us on."
(d) "They are coming."
5. Who does Gandalf give the history of Balin to for safekeeping?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
2. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
3. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
4. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
5. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)