|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
(a) "They are coming."
(b) "There is no escape here in the deep."
(c) "There were drums, drums."
(d) "Fear enfolds us and pushes us on."
2. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Moves to the back of the line and runs away.
(b) Recites memorized prayer over and over.
(c) Encourages the other men to never lose faith.
(d) Gets closer to Theoden.
3. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
(a) Denethor in a crazed state.
(b) A nazgul.
(c) A great eagle.
(d) A host of Orc warriors.
4. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
(a) His hands.
(b) A sword.
(c) His Staff.
(d) A word.
5. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
(a) It is pure water with healing powers.
(b) It is a burial ground for Dwarf warriors.
(c) It is filled with blood.
(d) It mirrors the mountains and stars even in the sunlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Saruman run when Isengard was being attacked?
2. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
3. What does Wormtongue throw down at Gandalf during the parley with Saruman?
4. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
5. Who destroyed Isengard?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)