|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
(a) "There were drums, drums."
(b) "Fear enfolds us and pushes us on."
(c) "There is no escape here in the deep."
(d) "They are coming."
2. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) To leave the forest to the Wildmen.
(b) New of the mission of Frodo.
(c) Half of the spoils of the battle.
(d) A good word with Gandalf.
3. What pulls Gandalf down into the abyss with the Balrog?
(a) The Balrog's whip.
(b) A menacing troll.
(c) The Balrog's chain.
(d) The Balrog's claw.
4. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
(a) A mighty war cry.
(b) The horn of Rohan.
(c) The cock crowing the morning.
(d) A horrible sound of thunder.
5. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
(a) A sword.
(b) His Staff.
(c) His hands.
(d) A word.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
2. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
3. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
4. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
5. Who destroyed Isengard?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)