|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Saruman run when Isengard was being attacked?
(a) The abyss of the earth.
(b) The tower of Orthnac.
(c) The Main turret castle of Isengard.
(d) Towards the path to Mordor.
2. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
(a) Faramir did not avenge his brother's death.
(b) Faramir did not accompany Frodo to Mordor.
(c) Faramir did not steal the Ring when he had the chance.
(d) Faramir allowed Gollum to live.
3. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
(a) The cock crowing the morning.
(b) A mighty war cry.
(c) A horrible sound of thunder.
(d) The horn of Rohan.
4. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
(a) A good word with Gandalf.
(b) To leave the forest to the Wildmen.
(c) New of the mission of Frodo.
(d) Half of the spoils of the battle.
5. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
(b) A traitor Rohan Rider.
(c) The head Orc.
(d) A watchguard of elves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
2. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
3. Who destroyed Isengard?
4. What does Wormtongue throw down at Gandalf during the parley with Saruman?
5. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)