|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
(a) His mind.
(b) His staff.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His voice.
2. What makes the pool of Keled-zaram so unusual?
(a) It is a burial ground for Dwarf warriors.
(b) It is pure water with healing powers.
(c) It is filled with blood.
(d) It mirrors the mountains and stars even in the sunlight.
3. Who destroyed Isengard?
(a) The Ents.
(b) The army of Rohan.
(c) The orcs.
(d) The army of Mordor.
4. Who was imprisoned with Saruman after Isengard was detroyed?
(a) A watchguard of elves.
(b) A traitor Rohan Rider.
(c) The head Orc.
5. What does Gimli say that Frodo's mithril shirt is worth more than?
(a) Half the jewels of Moria.
(b) The entire Shire.
(c) A star.
(d) The Ring itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
2. Why are the Wildmen so willing to show Theoden their secret road to Minas Tirith?
3. What does Pippin see chasing Faramir towards Minas Tirith after he has been outfitted as a knight of Gondor?
4. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
5. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)