|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 4 | Book 5, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is heard throughout Gondor as Rohan'sarmy arrives?
(a) A mighty war cry.
(b) The cock crowing the morning.
(c) A horrible sound of thunder.
(d) The horn of Rohan.
2. What does Gandalf use to break Saruman's staff?
(a) A sword.
(b) His Staff.
(c) A word.
(d) His hands.
3. What about Saruman is able to convince men to do his will?
(a) His voice.
(b) His mind.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His staff.
4. What pulls Gandalf down into the abyss with the Balrog?
(a) The Balrog's claw.
(b) The Balrog's chain.
(c) A menacing troll.
(d) The Balrog's whip.
5. What does Dernhelm do as Theoden's army gets closer to the battle at Minas Tirith?
(a) Recites memorized prayer over and over.
(b) Moves to the back of the line and runs away.
(c) Gets closer to Theoden.
(d) Encourages the other men to never lose faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Saruman run when Isengard was being attacked?
2. What does Theoden offer the Wildmen in return for showing him the secret road to Minas Tirith?
3. What are the last words written in the history book that Gandalf finds in the tomb of Balin?
4. Why is Denethor angry with Faramir when Faramir explains the event in Ithilien?
5. Who does Frodo see climbing the tree they are sleeping in at Lothlorien?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)