|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many crew members abandon ship after the Patna's accident?
2. Who is the author of the old, yellow letter?
(a) Jim's father.
(c) Jim's uncle.
3. Who accompanies Marlow on the first leg of his journey back to the "real world" from Patusan?
4. Who gives the signal for the attackers to begin their assassination attempt on Jim?
(c) Cornelius' stepdaughter.
(d) Sherif Ali.
5. Who eventually kills Cornelius?
(a) Dain Waris.
(b) Tamb' Itam.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are aboard Chester's ship when it leaves the Australian port and steams into the Pacific Ocean?
2. When Brown and his crew reach Patusan, where does the ship drop anchor?
3. How do the other three in the lifeboat feel when they realize that Jim - not the other engineer - is on the lifeboat?
4. What does Jim feel he can obtain by going to the place suggested by Stein and Marlow?
5. When does the attack on Ali's compound - as plotted by Jim - begin?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)