|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what time does the rescuing ship find the Patna?
(a) 9:00 a.m.
(b) 3:00 p.m.
(c) 9:00 p.m.
(d) 11:00 a.m.
2. In the story's opening chapter, what is Jim's occupation?
(a) A water clerk.
(b) A ship builder.
(c) A handyman.
(d) A store owner.
3. How is Cornelius' reaction characterized when Marlow tells Cornelius that Jim will never leave Patusan?
4. As the captain is trying to free the lifeboat and abandon his ship, what does Jim notice off in the distance?
(a) An approaching shark.
(b) An approaching raft.
(c) An approaching ship.
(d) An approaching squall.
5. Who accompanies Jim as he visits the scattered parties of guards stationed along the river?
(b) Tamb' Itam.
(d) Dain Waris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the order to fire on Dain Waris' camp?
2. How many members of Brown's crew come ashore in the hopes of catching the natives unaware?
3. According to a rumor that Marlow hears on his journeys, what has Jim, a.k.a. the mysterious white man in Patusan, acquired?
4. What do the rescuing crew members find on board the Patna that baffles them?
5. According to Marlow's tale, what item does Brown steal that results in Brown's inclusion in Jim's story?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)