|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On board ship, Jim is injured and unable to work. What happens?
(a) Jim slipped on the deck.
(b) A falling spar hit Jim.
(c) Jim fell overboard.
(d) Another crew member fought with Jim.
2. After traveling throughout the land with a famous Dutch traveler, where does Stein eventually make his home?
3. In their haste to escape from their captors, what do Brown and his crew neglect to do?
(a) Capture the ship keepers.
(b) Take navigational maps.
(c) Bribe the shipping official.
(d) Take enough food.
4. Over breakfast, where do Stein and Marlow decide that Jim should go to live?
5. By what other name do the chief men in the town call Jim's home?
(a) Jim's island.
(b) Jim's hideout.
(c) Jim's abode.
(d) Jim's fort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the outfit that Cornelius wears on holidays and for celebrations?
2. Who gives the signal for the attackers to begin their assassination attempt on Jim?
3. How many men are waiting to attack Jim when he reaches the storehouse at the end of Cornelius' courtyard?
4. Who is Doramin?
5. What does Jim see in the storehouse that convinces him that this attempt on his life is not a false alarm, but is, in fact, real?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)