|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the signal for the attackers to begin their assassination attempt on Jim?
(a) Cornelius' stepdaughter.
(b) Sherif Ali.
2. When Jim sees Marlow face-to-face at the ship-chandlers, what does Marlow ask Jim?
(a) Why he revealed his Patna history.
(b) Why he joked about the Patna.
(c) Why he wrote for the inquiry's findings.
(d) Why he left his previous position.
3. What is the name of the woman Jim falls in love with?
4. In the time leading up to the attack on the compound, where are Jim and Dain Waris concealing themselves?
(a) In the ravine.
(b) In the river.
(c) In the trees.
(d) In the tall grass.
5. When Jim arrives just after Marlow has refused to reveal Jim's past to Jewel, why do Jim and Marlow not talk?
(a) Jewel runs crying into Jim's arms.
(b) Marlow has gone to his room.
(c) Marlow has slipped away in the dark.
(d) Jewel refuses to let the two men alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim order his attackers to go after the attempt on his life is foiled?
2. On Marlow's next trip to the region where Jim is working with the ship-chandlers, what does Marlow learn?
3. Over breakfast, where do Stein and Marlow decide that Jim should go to live?
4. What is included in the packet that is revealed in Chapter 36?
5. At the time the natives attack the invaders that are attempting to land at Batu Kring, how long has Jim been away?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)