|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the captain is trying to free the lifeboat and abandon his ship, what does Jim notice off in the distance?
(a) An approaching squall.
(b) An approaching ship.
(c) An approaching raft.
(d) An approaching shark.
2. What two items does Jim return from Stein's house with?
(a) A letter and a revolver.
(b) A letter and a ring.
(c) A ring and a revolver.
(d) A letter and a horse.
3. After traveling throughout the land with a famous Dutch traveler, where does Stein eventually make his home?
4. Upon hearing the girl's revelation about Jim, what is Jewel asked to do?
(a) Marry Jim.
(b) Stand by Jim.
(c) Forgive Jim.
(d) Mourn Jim.
5. What is the name of the ship-chandlers with whom Jim finds work?
(a) Moore and Blake.
(b) Egstrom and Blake.
(c) Blake and Elliot.
(d) Elliot and Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Brown's men are wounded in the fight as Brown's men attempt to land at Batu Kring?
2. After leaving Doramin's house, with whom does Jim take up lodging in Patusan?
3. At Marlow's business meeting, what is the name of the admiral who ruins the plot of the man from Madagascar's business scheme?
4. The day after Jim figures out how to defeat Sherif Ali, to where does Jim travel?
5. What is the name of the man that fills in some of the blanks for Marlow on Jim's life?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)