|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim make the last leg of his journey to Patusan?
(a) By canoe.
(b) By ship.
(c) By horse.
(d) By train.
2. Before he even realizes what he's doing, what does Jim do as it begins to rain?
(a) Yells at the captain.
(b) Jumps into the lifeboat.
(c) Punches the engineer.
(d) Incites a panic.
3. At Marlow's business meeting, what is the name of the admiral who ruins the plot of the man from Madagascar's business scheme?
(a) Admiral Richey.
(b) Admiral Pierre.
(c) Admiral Grandon.
(d) Admiral Elliot.
4. According to the Frenchman speaking to Marlow, what does one not die from?
(a) Accidents at sea.
(b) Being angry.
(c) Being afraid.
(d) Fearful sounds.
5. What does Jim feel he can obtain by going to the place suggested by Stein and Marlow?
(a) A young wife.
(b) A clean slate.
(c) A fine home.
(d) A servant boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days do the four crew members sail on the passing steamer before the steamer reaches port?
2. Where does Jim learn his sailing skills?
3. While held prisoner, what item do the captors bring to Jim to fix?
4. Why can the Patna's captain and his fellow ship abandoners not free their lifeboat?
5. How does Chester die?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)