|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the other three in the lifeboat feel when they realize that Jim - not the other engineer - is on the lifeboat?
(a) They are sad.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are curious.
(d) They are furious.
2. Two men are looking for Jim in order to offer him a position to manage the island they are trying to establish. Where is the operation located?
(a) Off of Cape Horn.
(b) In the Eastern Mediterranean.
(c) In the Walpole Reefs.
(d) Off of Cape Cod.
3. What is the name of the house where Jim and Marlow spend an evening talking during the inquiry?
(a) Middle House.
(b) Miramar House.
(c) Manor House.
(d) Malabar House.
4. What does Jim feel he can obtain by going to the place suggested by Stein and Marlow?
(a) A fine home.
(b) A clean slate.
(c) A young wife.
(d) A servant boy.
5. What is the name of Doramin's son?
(a) James Conrad.
(b) Dain Waris.
(c) Kassim Allang.
(d) John Elliot.
Short Answer Questions
1. After escaping from his captors, what does Jim show at a nearby settlement that convinces the settlement's people to care for Jim?
2. What is the name of the native chief that Jim will meet?
3. While held prisoner, what item do the captors bring to Jim to fix?
4. At the time when the Frenchman and Marlow are conversing, what is Jim's occupation?
5. In whose courtyard is Jim held prisoner?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)