|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many days is Jim held prisoner before his successful escape?
2. How do the other three in the lifeboat feel when they realize that Jim - not the other engineer - is on the lifeboat?
(a) They are sad.
(b) They are furious.
(c) They are curious.
(d) They are happy.
3. Over breakfast, where do Stein and Marlow decide that Jim should go to live?
4. On board, Jim witnesses a drunken man verbally abusing the captain. Who is the drunkard?
(a) The chief mate.
(b) The navigator.
(c) The first mate.
(d) The engineer.
5. According to Marlow, one of the worst examples of a time when Jim simply gets up and leaves because of his past occurs in what city?
(a) Porta Plaza.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship-chandlers with whom Jim finds work?
2. Two men are looking for Jim in order to offer him a position to manage the island they are trying to establish. Where is the operation located?
3. What do the rescuing crew members find on board the Patna that baffles them?
4. When Marlow thinks Jim is contemplating suicide while standing out on his balcony, what does Marlow think suicide would be for Jim?
5. As the captain and the drunken man are fighting, what happens to the ship?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)