|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On board, Jim witnesses a drunken man verbally abusing the captain. Who is the drunkard?
(a) The engineer.
(b) The first mate.
(c) The chief mate.
(d) The navigator.
2. When Jim sees Marlow face-to-face at the ship-chandlers, what does Marlow ask Jim?
(a) Why he left his previous position.
(b) Why he joked about the Patna.
(c) Why he revealed his Patna history.
(d) Why he wrote for the inquiry's findings.
3. What order does Jim receive from the captain when the captain stops fighting with the drunken man?
(a) To wake the first mate.
(b) To stop the engines.
(c) To send an SOS.
(d) To not alert any of the passengers.
4. Where is the ship that finds the Patna registered?
5. How long does Jim's sailing training last?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Twenty-four months.
(c) Twelve months.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story's opening chapter, what is Jim's occupation?
2. At the time when the Frenchman and Marlow are conversing, what is Jim's occupation?
3. About what time does the rescuing ship find the Patna?
4. What kind of ship finds the listing Patna?
5. How does Jim feel when he learns of the chance to relocate to the place that Stein and Marlow suggest?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)