|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days do the four crew members sail on the passing steamer before the steamer reaches port?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Three days.
2. Once the survivors arrive in port, where does the captain immediately go?
(a) To the harbor office.
(b) To the nearest bar.
(c) To the post office.
(d) To the company's office.
3. What is the name of the Sultan's uncle who extorts and steals from the country-born Malays?
(a) Rajah Allang.
(b) Rajah Elliot.
(c) Robert Allang.
(d) Robert Elliot.
4. What is the name of the man whose job Jim will be taking over for Stein's company?
5. While the captain and the other two men discuss what their "story" will be, what job is assigned to Jim?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can the Patna's captain and his fellow ship abandoners not free their lifeboat?
2. How many brothers does Jim have?
3. After traveling throughout the land with a famous Dutch traveler, where does Stein eventually make his home?
4. Where is the ship that finds the Patna registered?
5. What does Jim feel he can obtain by going to the place suggested by Stein and Marlow?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)