|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time elapses between when the ship has its accident and when Jim finds himself at the official inquiry into the incident?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) One month.
2. Before he even realizes what he's doing, what does Jim do as it begins to rain?
(a) Jumps into the lifeboat.
(b) Punches the engineer.
(c) Incites a panic.
(d) Yells at the captain.
3. After hearing about the opportunity that Stein and Marlow have in mind for Jim, how does Jim get to Stein's house for his final instructions?
4. As the captain and the drunken man are fighting, what happens to the ship?
(a) The ship catches on fire.
(b) The ship's engines fail.
(c) The ship runs across something.
(d) The ship's sails go slack.
5. What is the name of the passing steamer that picks up the four crew members after they abandon their ship?
(a) The Avondale.
(b) The Ossian.
(c) The Eagle.
(d) The Patna.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Marlow's next trip to the region where Jim is working with the ship-chandlers, what does Marlow learn?
2. Where is the ship that finds the Patna registered?
3. As the captain is trying to free the lifeboat and abandon his ship, what does Jim notice off in the distance?
4. How many days do the four crew members sail on the passing steamer before the steamer reaches port?
5. How many crew members abandon ship after the Patna's accident?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)