|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the police finally catch up to the Patna's chief engineer, what is the chief engineer raving about?
(a) Pink frogs.
(b) Dead passengers.
(d) Ice cream.
2. While the captain and the other two men discuss what their "story" will be, what job is assigned to Jim?
3. How long does Jim's sailing training last?
(a) Twenty-four months.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Two years.
4. How long does Jim clutch the tiller in an attempt to avoid being thrown off of the lifeboat?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Ten hours.
(d) Six hours.
5. What does Jim discover in the forepeak of the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. As the captain is trying to free the lifeboat and abandon his ship, what does Jim notice off in the distance?
2. What is the name of the passing steamer that picks up the four crew members after they abandon their ship?
3. Why can the Patna's captain and his fellow ship abandoners not free their lifeboat?
4. How many crew members abandon ship after the Patna's accident?
5. What is the name of the principal shipping master?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)