|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim discover in the forepeak of the ship?
2. As the captain is trying to free the lifeboat and abandon his ship, what does Jim notice off in the distance?
(a) An approaching raft.
(b) An approaching shark.
(c) An approaching squall.
(d) An approaching ship.
3. Before he even realizes what he's doing, what does Jim do as it begins to rain?
(a) Jumps into the lifeboat.
(b) Yells at the captain.
(c) Incites a panic.
(d) Punches the engineer.
4. How do the other three in the lifeboat feel when they realize that Jim - not the other engineer - is on the lifeboat?
(a) They are sad.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are curious.
(d) They are furious.
5. What is the name of the man Jim makes eye contact with during the inquiry trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. What order does Jim receive from the captain when the captain stops fighting with the drunken man?
2. While the captain is trying to free the lifeboat and abandon his ship, what are the passengers doing?
3. On board ship, Jim is injured and unable to work. What happens?
4. How many days do the four crew members sail on the passing steamer before the steamer reaches port?
5. What is the name of the engineer who collapses from a heart attack aboard the Patna?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)