|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls to Ralph and the others as they approach Jack’s fortress in Chapter 11: “Castle Rock,” saying “Halt! Who goes there?”
2. Who suggests at the impromptu meeting in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air,” “Couldn’t we—kind of—stay here? Maybe the beast won’t come near us”?
3. Which of the boys pick up and carry the pig after the kill in Chapter 8: “Gift for the Darkness”?
(a) Henry and Jack.
(b) Maurice and Robert.
(c) Simon and Ralph.
(d) Piggy and Percival.
4. Which of the boys are thoughtful enough to bring leaves for the signal fire in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain”?
(a) Henry and Maurice.
(b) Sam and Eric.
(c) Johnny and Percival.
(d) Simon and Peter.
5. As the big boys set out to hunt down the beast in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air,” the narrator states, “This day promised, like the others, to be a sunbath under” what?
(a) “A red dome.”
(b) “A parched sky.”
(c) “A violent sky.”
(d) “A blue dome.”
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator notes when the feast begins to die down in Chapter 9: “A View to a Death,” “Evening was come, not with calm beauty but with” what?
2. When the boys are trying to figure out how to light a fire in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain,” who says, “You make a bow and spin the arrow”?
3. During Piggy’s speech at the podium during the assembly he declares that “Life is” what, in Chapter 5: “Beast from Water”?
4. Piggy says as they relight the fire in Chapter 10: “The Shell and the Glasses,” “If only we could make a” what?
5. Who suggests that the boys use their socks like caps in Chapter 11: “Castle Rock”?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)