|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simon discover “the beast” to actually be in Chapter 9: “A View to a Death”?
(a) A dead water buffalo.
(b) A severed pig’s head impaled on a stick.
(c) A dead pilot attached to a parachute.
(d) A part of a plane engine.
2. What literary technique is used in the following sentence from Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair”? “When the sun sank, darkness dropped on the island like an extinguisher.”
(b) Literary allusion.
(d) Dramatic irony.
3. What color is Jack Merridew’s hair in the novel?
4. What colors of face paint is Jack described as wearing in Chapter 10: “The Shell and the Glasses”?
(a) Black and blue.
(b) Brown and black.
(c) Red and green.
(d) Red and white.
5. What word used in Chapter 12: “Cry of the Hunters” means a kiss of peace?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cuts his knee quite badly as the boys move along the rocks of the shoreline in Chapter 7: “Shadows and Tall Trees”?
2. What suggestion does Simon make when he takes the shell at the meeting in Chapter 8: “Gift for the Darkness”?
3. What are the names of the twins that appear on the beach in Chapter 1: “The Sound of the Shell”?
4. What physical ailment does Piggy say he suffers from in Chapter 1: “The Sound of the Shell”?
5. What does Ralph find in the forest to use as a weapon in Chapter 12: “Cry of the Hunters”?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)