|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Jack Merridew’s hair in the novel?
2. One of the twins asks the other if he remembers what character from school in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air”?
(a) “Old Waxy.”
(b) “Old Potters.”
(c) “Old Wizard.”
(d) “Old Gremlin.”
3. When the boys reenact the battle for the boar in Chapter 7: “Shadows and Tall Trees,” which of the boys portrays the boar?
4. What color is the cliff of rock that forms the side of the castle described as in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air”?
5. What word used in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach” refers to a downward slope of ground?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator say a great scab had formed on Ralph in the opening of Chapter 10: “The Shell and the Glasses”?
2. What is the meaning of the word “interminable,” used in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air”?
3. Which of the littluns does Roger follow to the beach and begin throwing stones at in Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair”?
4. Between what two characters is there a developing conflict that is foreshadowed in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
5. Who asks Jack as he disembowels the pig, “How can we make a fire?” in Chapter 8: “Gift for the Darkness”?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)