|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests the boys use Piggy’s glasses to start the fire in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain”?
2. What ailment does Simon seemingly suffer from in Lord of the Flies?
3. The narrator notes when the feast begins to die down in Chapter 9: “A View to a Death,” “Evening was come, not with calm beauty but with” what?
(a) “The power of sacrifice.”
(b) “A solemn reverence.”
(c) “The threat of violence.”
(d) “The threat of rain.”
4. In Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach,” the narrator states, “The silence of the forest was more oppressive than” what?
(a) “The permanence.”
(b) “The heat.”
(c) “The isolation.”
(d) “The danger.”
5. Who suggests that the boys need a drum after the pig-killing ritual in Chapter 7: “Shadows and Tall Trees”?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the hunters able to find the wounded sow in Chapter 8: “Gift for the Darkness”?
2. What word from Chapter 7: “Shadows and Tall Trees” means rich abundance or lushness?
3. What color is Jack Merridew’s hair in the novel?
4. What happens to the body of the boy who is killed during the ritual in Chapter 9: “A View to a Death”?
5. One of the rules that Ralph establishes at the meeting in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain” is that no one may speak at the meetings unless he is holding what?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)