|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the boys to the mountaintop in order to begin building a signal fire in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain”?
2. What color is the birthmark described as on the young boy who steps forward at the meeting in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain”?
3. What British slang word is used throughout the narrative to mean excellent or wonderful?
4. What does Simon say when he first speaks aloud in the jungle in Chapter 9: “A View to a Death”?
(a) “What else is there to do?”
(b) “Why can’t I get home?”
(c) “Where are Jack and the others?”
(d) “Where is the Lord of the Flies?”
5. Who is the only boy who does not help gather firewood in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain”?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ralph and Piggy arrive at the feast in Chapter 9: “A View to a Death,” which of the boys, “thinking that Ralph had turned to him accusingly, put down his gnawed bone with a nervous giggle”?
2. What adjective used in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air” to describe Simon means lacking confidence in one’s own ability, worth, or fitness?
3. What is Percival’s full name that he states in Chapter 5: “Beast from Water”?
4. What are the boys from the choir wearing when they arrive on the beach in Chapter 1: “The Sound of the Shell”?
5. What does the word “vicissitude” mean, as used in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)