|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the littlun that the narrator describes crawling into a shelter and staying there for two days, “talking, singing, and crying, till they thought him batty and were faintly amused” in Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair”?
2. What word used in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach” refers to a downward slope of ground?
3. How are the hunters able to find the wounded sow in Chapter 8: “Gift for the Darkness”?
(a) By the squealing sounds.
(b) By the smell of her.
(c) By the trail of blood.
(d) By the trail of her piglets.
4. Which of the littluns does Roger follow to the beach and begin throwing stones at in Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair”?
5. From what perspective is the narrative of Lord of the Flies related?
(a) Fourth person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person.
(d) First person.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Ralph say he was when his father taught him to swim in Chapter 1: “The Sound of the Shell”?
2. What is Percival’s full name that he states in Chapter 5: “Beast from Water”?
3. Who leads the boys to the mountaintop in order to begin building a signal fire in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain”?
4. How many of the boys does Ralph say built the second shelter in Chapter 5: “Beast from Water”?
5. What British slang word is used throughout the narrative to mean excellent or wonderful?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)