|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the littluns has been left “in triumphant possession of the castles” after the others have run off in Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair”?
2. What are the names of the twins that appear on the beach in Chapter 1: “The Sound of the Shell”?
(a) Sam and Eric.
(b) Roger and Robert.
(c) Percival and Maurice.
(d) Simon and Johnny.
3. One of the rules that Ralph establishes at the meeting in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain” is that no one may speak at the meetings unless he is holding what?
(a) The stone.
(b) The spear.
(c) The shell.
(d) The staff.
4. What does Simon hand to the littluns after they’ve followed him into the forest in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
5. What color hair is Simon said to have in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which “littlun” is unaccounted for at the end of Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain”?
2. In Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach,” the narrator states, “The silence of the forest was more oppressive than” what?
3. Who suggests at the impromptu meeting in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air,” “Couldn’t we—kind of—stay here? Maybe the beast won’t come near us”?
4. When the boys are trying to figure out how to light a fire in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain,” who says, “You make a bow and spin the arrow”?
5. What word used in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach” is an adjective indicating that something is under the surface?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)