|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the boys does Ralph say built the second shelter in Chapter 5: “Beast from Water”?
2. The word “leviathan” that is used in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air” refers to what?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A spaceship.
(c) A political organization.
(d) A sea monster.
3. Which of the littluns had run off crying after getting sand in his eye in Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair”?
4. One of the twins asks the other if he remembers what character from school in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air”?
(a) “Old Wizard.”
(b) “Old Waxy.”
(c) “Old Gremlin.”
(d) “Old Potters.”
5. What literary technique is used in the following sentence from Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair”? “When the sun sank, darkness dropped on the island like an extinguisher.”
(a) Dramatic irony.
(d) Literary allusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jack suggests that “the castle” would make an excellent fort in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air,” this is an example of what literary technique?
2. What is the meaning of the word “interminable,” used in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air”?
3. Between what two characters is there a developing conflict that is foreshadowed in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
4. Which of the boys had, in his “other life… received chastisement for filling a younger eye with sand,” according to the narrator in Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair”?
5. Ralph tells Piggy in Chapter 1: “The Sound of the Shell” that his father holds what position?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)