|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ralph said to be in Chapter 1: “The Sound of the Shell”?
2. As Ralph prepares for the assembly in Chapter 5: “Beast from Water” he considers to himself, “I can’t think. Not like” whom?
3. Which “littlun” is unaccounted for at the end of Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain”?
(a) The boy with the wheelchair.
(b) The boy with the birthmark.
(c) The boy with the glasses.
4. What are the boys from the choir wearing when they arrive on the beach in Chapter 1: “The Sound of the Shell”?
(a) Military uniforms.
(b) Black cloaks.
(c) High-collared uniforms.
5. Which of the littluns has been left “in triumphant possession of the castles” after the others have run off in Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair”?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Simon attempts to speak during the assembly in Chapter 5: “Beast from Water,” the narrator states, “Simon became inarticulate in his effort to express mankind’s essential” what?
2. What word from Chapter 5: “Beast from Water” refers to a contortion of the body caused by violent, involuntary muscular contractions?
3. What kind of store does Piggy say his auntie used to run in Chapter 1: “The Sound of the Shell”?
4. Who leads the boys to the mountaintop in order to begin building a signal fire in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain”?
5. What are the names of the twins that appear on the beach in Chapter 1: “The Sound of the Shell”?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)