|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Jack Merridew’s hair in the novel?
2. Which of the boys pick up and carry the pig after the kill in Chapter 8: “Gift for the Darkness”?
(a) Maurice and Robert.
(b) Simon and Ralph.
(c) Piggy and Percival.
(d) Henry and Jack.
3. The members of the choir have adjusted their choir hats to resemble what, in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain”?
(a) Cowboy hats.
(b) Wizard hats.
4. What color hair is Simon said to have in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
5. After the ritual in Chapter 9: “A View to a Death,” the narrator says, “Along the shoreward edge of the shallows the advancing clearness was full of strange, moonbeam-bodied creatures with” what?
(a) “Mystical eyes.”
(b) “Hopeful eyes.”
(c) “Eyes like opals.”
(d) “Fiery eyes.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slaps Johnny when he bursts into tears during the impromptu meeting the morning after the beast has been spotted in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air”?
2. What does Jack ask Ralph for when he arrives at the camp in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
3. What is the name of the first little boy that arrives from the jungle when Ralph blows on the shell in Chapter 1: “The Sound of the Shell”?
4. The narrator says of Ralph in the beginning of Chapter 5: “Beast from Water,” “He found himself understanding the wearisomeness of this life, where every path was an improvisation and a considerable part of one’s waking life was spent watching” what?
5. What is Percival’s full name that he states in Chapter 5: “Beast from Water”?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)