|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical ailment does Piggy say he suffers from in Chapter 1: “The Sound of the Shell”?
(b) Partial deafness.
2. What word from Chapter 10: “The Shell and the Glasses” means to make gestures in an excited manner?
3. Which boy interrupts Jack when he is talking about the beast appearing in disguise to say, “But didn’t we, didn’t we--?” in Chapter 10: “The Shell and the Glasses”?
4. Piggy says as they relight the fire in Chapter 10: “The Shell and the Glasses,” “If only we could make a” what?
5. What weapons have Jack and the choir boys devised for hunting game on the island in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
(a) Bows and arrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simon hand to the littluns after they’ve followed him into the forest in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
2. The members of the choir have adjusted their choir hats to resemble what, in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain”?
3. What is impaled on the stick that is referred as “The Lord of the Flies” in Chapter 9: “A View to a Death”?
4. Between what two characters is there a developing conflict that is foreshadowed in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
5. Jack tells his hunters at the meeting in the beginning of Chapter 8: “Gift for the Darkness” that Ralph said they are all what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)