|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of his body gives Simon frequent pain as he makes his way through the jungle in Chapter 9: “A View to a Death”?
(a) His back.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His tongue.
2. Who suggests that the boys hold a vote for the chief in Chapter 1: “The Sound of the Shell”?
3. Piggy suggests to the boys that they rebuild the fire where, in Chapter 8: “Gift for the Darkness”?
(a) At the Castle Rock.
(b) On the mountain.
(c) In the forest.
(d) On the beach.
4. When Jack arrives at the huts, Ralph says that his hunters have been back at camp hours ago and have been doing what, in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
(b) Making sand castles.
(d) Building a boat.
5. Who are described as “the smallest boys on the island” in Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair”?
(a) Henry and Simon.
(b) Percival and Johnny.
(c) Jack and Ralph.
(d) Roger and Robert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the pig droppings that Jack finds in the forest in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
2. Ralph lies in the shelter dreaming of feeding what farm animals when Sam and Eric arrive in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air”?
3. Which of the littluns does Roger follow to the beach and begin throwing stones at in Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair”?
4. Who leads the boys to the mountaintop in order to begin building a signal fire in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain”?
5. Where does the narrator say a great scab had formed on Ralph in the opening of Chapter 10: “The Shell and the Glasses”?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)