|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees to go back through the forest to the shelters and the littluns as the other boys head toward the mountain in Chapter 7: “Shadows and Tall Trees”?
2. Who picks up Percival and carries him to a shelter in the beginning of Chapter 6: “Beast from Air”?
(a) Ralph and Simon.
(b) Jack and Roger.
(c) Piggy and Simon.
(d) Robert and Henry.
3. When the boys reenact the battle for the boar in Chapter 7: “Shadows and Tall Trees,” which of the boys portrays the boar?
4. What word used in Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair” refers to a warlike or aggressively hostile nature or attitude?
5. Which of the boys are thoughtful enough to bring leaves for the signal fire in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain”?
(a) Johnny and Percival.
(b) Henry and Maurice.
(c) Simon and Peter.
(d) Sam and Eric.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ocean is described as surrounding the island in Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair”?
2. The word “leviathan” that is used in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air” refers to what?
3. Who says that the boys can’t go start a fire on the mountain because they don’t have the spectacles in Chapter 7: “Shadows and Tall Trees”?
4. What weapons have Jack and the choir boys devised for hunting game on the island in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
5. What kinds of wild animals have the boys discovered living on the island in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain”?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)