|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of the word “ebullience,” used in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain”?
2. Of the three littluns that are described together playing by the sandcastles in Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair,” who is described as “the biggest of them”?
3. Who is the only boy that is helping Ralph build the shelters in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
4. Who slaps Johnny when he bursts into tears during the impromptu meeting the morning after the beast has been spotted in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air”?
5. Who cuts his knee quite badly as the boys move along the rocks of the shoreline in Chapter 7: “Shadows and Tall Trees”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Between what two characters is there a developing conflict that is foreshadowed in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
2. Which of the littluns had run off crying after getting sand in his eye in Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair”?
3. What does the boy with the birthmark first call “the beastie” in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain”?
4. Who agrees to go back through the forest to the shelters and the littluns as the other boys head toward the mountain in Chapter 7: “Shadows and Tall Trees”?
5. What does Simon whisper to Ralph as Ralph sits engulfed in staring at the sea in Chapter 7: “Shadows and Tall Trees”?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)