|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jack arrives at the huts, Ralph says that his hunters have been back at camp hours ago and have been doing what, in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
(b) Making sand castles.
(d) Building a boat.
2. Who is the only boy that is helping Ralph build the shelters in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
3. Which of the littluns has been left “in triumphant possession of the castles” after the others have run off in Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair”?
4. Of the twins, the narrator says in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air” that “they could never manage to do things sensibly if that meant” what?
(a) “Acting independently.”
(b) “Being patient.”
(c) “Working toward a goal.”
(d) “Taking orders.”
5. What does the boy with the birthmark first call “the beastie” in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain”?
(a) “The bear-thing.”
(b) “The wolf-thing.”
(c) “The snake-thing.”
(d) “The bird-thing.”
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of the word “ebullience,” used in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain”?
2. Which of the littluns does Roger follow to the beach and begin throwing stones at in Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair”?
3. What word used in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach” refers to the individual leaves or parts of the calyx of a flower?
4. Which of the littluns had run off crying after getting sand in his eye in Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair”?
5. When the boys are trying to figure out how to light a fire in Chapter 2: “Fire on the Mountain,” who says, “You make a bow and spin the arrow”?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)