|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the pig droppings that Jack finds in the forest in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
(a) Dark brown.
(b) Solid black.
(c) Olive green.
(d) Reddish brown.
2. When the boys reenact the battle for the boar in Chapter 7: “Shadows and Tall Trees,” which of the boys portrays the boar?
3. Which of the boys had, in his “other life… received chastisement for filling a younger eye with sand,” according to the narrator in Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair”?
4. What word from Chapter 7: “Shadows and Tall Trees” means rich abundance or lushness?
5. What does Jack ask Ralph for when he arrives at the camp in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
(b) A spear.
(c) Piggy's glass.
(d) The shell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair is Simon said to have in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
2. When Jack arrives at the huts, Ralph says that his hunters have been back at camp hours ago and have been doing what, in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
3. Which of the older boys leads the way through the sand castles, kicking them over and laughing, in Chapter 4: “Painted Faces and Long Hair”?
4. What word used in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach” refers to the individual leaves or parts of the calyx of a flower?
5. What adjective used in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air” to describe Simon means lacking confidence in one’s own ability, worth, or fitness?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)