|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the twins, the narrator says in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air” that “they could never manage to do things sensibly if that meant” what?
(a) “Being patient.”
(b) “Acting independently.”
(c) “Taking orders.”
(d) “Working toward a goal.”
2. What color hair is Simon said to have in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach”?
3. What word used in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach” refers to a downward slope of ground?
4. Which of the boys comes up to Ralph at the castle to ask in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air,” “Why can’t we stay here for a bit?”
5. Who obeys when Jack orders “Give me a drink” after he’s eaten at the feast in Chapter 9: “A View to a Death”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ralph tell Piggy is “the only thing to do” in Chapter 9: “A View to a Death”?
2. What color is the cliff of rock that forms the side of the castle described as in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air”?
3. What happens to the body of the boy who is killed during the ritual in Chapter 9: “A View to a Death”?
4. What is the meaning of the word “interminable,” used in Chapter 6: “Beast from Air”?
5. What word used in Chapter 3: “Huts on the Beach” refers to the individual leaves or parts of the calyx of a flower?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)