• Lord of the Flies is a dystopian novel by English author William Golding.
• As Chapter 1: “The Sound of the Shell” begins, Ralph is making his way through the jungle to the beach when he is joined by a fat boy who has been called Piggy at school.
• Ralph and Piggy are survivors of a plane crash after their school was evacuated from a war zone.
• Ralph and Piggy make their way to a little lagoon and find a conch shell in the pond there; they decide to use it to call the other survivors to them.
• Boys begin coming out of the woods, including a set of twins, Sam and Eric, and a group of choir boys headed by a young man named Jack Merridew.
• The boys decide they must have a leader; the choice between Jack and Ralph is offered to the boys and Ralph is...
This section contains 2,008 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)