|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has not come to see Two-Tie even though he is in town for the race in Chapter 32?
2. Who claimed Pelter after the race, according to Two-Tie in Chapter 22?
3. What name does Two-Tie tell Maggie to memorize in the end of Chapter 27?
4. How many gunshots ring out when Two-Tie tries to take the gun from his captor in Chapter 32?
5. The narrator states in Part II of Results, "What had become of Tommy was as immense, as terrible and final as" what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maggie feel about her luck in "Results"?
2. What is revealed of Tommy’s circumstances in Chapter 37?
3. How is Medicine Ed's concept of "home" examined in the novel?
4. How is the theme of good and evil played out in the preparations for the fourth race?
5. What are Medicine Ed's primary concerns and conflicts after the race in Chapter 39?
6. How does the author demonstrate dramatic irony in Chapter 24?
7. What foreshadowing is related to the blue Cadillac in the novel?
8. What is Medicine Ed's primary objective in the fourth race? What does he stand to gain?
9. How does the theme of good and evil apply to Two-Tie's character in the novel?
10. Why do you think the author has chosen to relate the events of the race in past tense in Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of entrapment or enslavement in Lord of Misrule. In what ways are the main characters enslaved by their circumstances or by their significant others? What statements do you think the author is making regarding the entrapment of these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the plot structure of Lord of Misrule. Where in the novel do the following occur: exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and denouement? How would you compare the structure of this novel to others that you have studied?
Essay Topic 3
Is the character Two-Tie a protagonist in the story or an antagonist? Why? What motivates Two-Tie to commit the actions that he commits in the novel? Do you think this character is sympathetic? Why or why not?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)