|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe Dale tell Biggie to get for him and Maggie in Chapter 27?
2. Where is Lord of Misrule being taken in Chapter 40?
(a) To Arkansas.
(b) To New York.
(c) To Nebraska.
(d) To Missouri.
3. What horse's body does Maggie find as she makes her way toward the river in Chapter 40?
(b) Little Spinoza's.
(d) Boll Weevil's.
4. Which horse is found dead in his stall in Chapter 21?
(b) Lord of Misrule.
(d) Little Spinoza.
5. How long has it been since Tommy left when he calls Maggie in Chapter 21?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Six days.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Maggie's car described in Part I of Results?
2. What causes Two-Tie to get into the car in Chapter 32?
3. Who does Tommy punch in the face after he arrives in Chapter 28?
4. Who has Medicine Ed begun working for in Part II of Results?
5. What is the highest level of education Tommy has achieved?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maggie feel about her circumstances in the beginning of Chapter 21? How do her feelings change in the chapter?
2. How is the puddle employed as symbolism in Chapter 39?
3. How are Two-Tie and Joe Dale different in their dealings at the racetrack?
4. How does Maggie feel about her luck in "Results"?
5. How does the theme of good and evil apply to Two-Tie's character in the novel?
6. What is the outcome for Medicine Ed in "Results"?
7. What does Tommy say about Maggie's newspaper columns in "Results"?
8. What connection is made between Medicine Ed and Maggyie's characters in Chapter 24?
9. How is Medicine Ed's concept of "home" examined in the novel?
10. What are Joe Dale's objectives in Chapter 29? Does he achieve those objectives?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)