|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Two-Tie wear in honor of Lillian?
(a) A yellow bow-tie.
(b) A blue bow-tie.
(c) A green bow-tie.
(d) A black bow-tie.
2. Who is the exercise girl at the racetrack that Deucey is attracted to?
3. Who is talking about claiming the Mahdi at the next race, according to Vernon in Chapter 17?
(c) Joe Dale.
4. What is the name of Two-Tie's dog?
5. Where does Medicine Ed plan to make a downpayment on a trailer with his winnings in Chapter 9?
(a) Charles Town.
(d) Fort Ross.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the stables that Tommy owns?
2. How is Two-Tie related to Maggie?
3. Maggie tells Little Spinoza in Chapter 15 that sex is a form of what?
4. What horse does Deucey ask Medicine Ed to walk for her in Chapter 12?
5. Who is the jockey chosen to ride Little Spinoza in the claiming race in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What crucial information does Tommy reveal to Joe Dale during their conversation in Chapter 19?
2. How are Boll Weevil and the Mahdi compared to one another as they prepare for the first race?
3. What is Deucey's major conflict in the novel regarding Little Spinoza and Joe Dale?
4. What is noteworthy regarding Tommy's behavior toward Maggie in Chapter 10?
5. When is Lord of Misrule set? What indications in the novel reveal the time period of the story?
6. What horses are Tommy and Maggie rooting for in the first race? Why is this significant?
7. What is a hot walking machine? What does this apparatus symbolize in the novel?
8. How is the theme of fear developed in Chapter 10?
9. What setting is introduced in Chapter 1? How would you describe Medicine Ed's circumstances in the beginning of the novel?
10. How does Deucey regard the change in her luck after buying Little Spinoza?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)