|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Medicine Ed is said to have been on the racetrack since what age in Chapter 1?
2. From what narrative perspective is Chapter 19 related?
(a) Second person.
(b) Fourth person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person.
3. Who captures Little Spinoza after he's run away in Chapter 18?
(c) Medicine Ed.
4. Who is in the backseat of Joe Dale's car in Chapter 12?
5. Who are Tommy and Maggie unhappy to see watching the race in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tommy accuse Maggie of doing when he confronts her in Chapter 10?
2. Maggie tells Little Spinoza in Chapter 15 that sex is a form of what?
3. At whose house is the card game taking place in Chapter 11?
4. How much did Joe Dale pay for the horse that he's trying to make Deucey take?
5. Who offers Medicine Ed a job working for him in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comparisons does Two-Tie make to the card players at his house in Chapter 11?
2. How is the theme of luck explored in Chapter 1 of the novel?
3. How does Tommy's behavior toward Maggie change in Chapter 16? What is significant about this change in his behavior?
4. How would you compare the language styles associated with Medicine Ed and Maggie in the novel?
5. What is noteworthy regarding Tommy's behavior toward Maggie in Chapter 10?
6. How does Deucey regard the change in her luck after buying Little Spinoza?
7. How is the horse named Little Spinoza regarded by the main characters in the novel?
8. Why do Tommy's finances concern Medicine Ed?
9. What does the blue Cadillac come to represent in the narrative?
10. How did Medicine Ed get his name? What is revealed about Medicine Ed's history in Chapter 4?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)