|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Maggie compared in Chapter 13?
(a) Anne Frank.
(d) Helen of Troy.
2. Why has Medicine Ed decided to work for Tommy?
(a) Because he has agreed to spy on Maggie for Two-Tie.
(b) Because Tommy helped secure him a spot in a trailer park.
(c) Because he is attracted to Maggie and wants to woo her.
(d) Because he owes money to Tommy after the first race.
3. What is the name of the stables that Tommy owns?
(a) Trinidad Stables.
(b) Windsor Terrace Stables.
(c) T. Hansel Stables.
(d) Oak Farm Stables.
4. Whom does Two-Tie ask for when he calls the racetrack in Chapter 11?
(a) Mr. Chenille.
(b) Mr. Beaufait.
(c) Mr. Wood.
(d) Mr. Smithers.
5. From whose viewpoint is Little Spinoza's castration described in the opening of Chapter 15?
(a) From Deucey's perspective.
(b) From Tommy's perspective.
(c) From Medicine Ed's perspective.
(d) From Little Spinoza's perspective.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is Indian Mound Downs located?
2. Who offers Medicine Ed a job working for him in Chapter 9?
3. How long is it until the time for the race in the opening of Chapter 18?
4. What is the sum of Medicine Ed's lucky money that he bets with in Chapter 4?
5. Where does Lillian's son live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What inner conflicts does Maggie face in Chapter 15?
2. What is Deucey's major conflict in the novel regarding Little Spinoza and Joe Dale?
3. How does Earlie respond to his race riding Little Spinoza?
4. What does Deucey relate to Maggie regarding luck in Chapter 2?
5. How would you compare the language styles associated with Medicine Ed and Maggie in the novel?
6. What are some examples of the author's use of simile in Chapter 1?
7. How has Two-Tie's behavior changed in Chapter 17? What are the impacts of the changes in Two-Tie's character?
8. When is Lord of Misrule set? What indications in the novel reveal the time period of the story?
9. What does the blue Cadillac come to represent in the narrative?
10. How does Deucey regard the change in her luck after buying Little Spinoza?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)