|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie tell Medicine Ed she plans to do after the next race in Chapter 31?
(a) Marry Joe Dale.
(b) Marry Tommy.
(c) Leave the track.
(d) Marry Earlie.
2. By what name does Medicine Ed refer to Lord of Misrule in Chapter 34?
(a) "Misunderstood Misrule."
(b) "Lord of the Dance."
(c) "Lord of Misery."
(d) "Lord of the Race."
3. What jockey has to be carried off the track by two valets in Chapter 38?
4. Who has warned Medicine Ed that Hansel had better not mess up the intended results of the race in Chapter 34?
(d) Joe Dale.
5. How is Maggie's car described in Part I of Results?
(a) A blue Jeep.
(b) A green Corvette.
(c) A white Grand Prix.
(d) A white Ford truck.
6. What Roman senator and historian is alluded to in Part II of Results?
7. What horse's body does Maggie find as she makes her way toward the river in Chapter 40?
(a) Boll Weevil's.
(d) Little Spinoza's.
8. What is the "witch's number" that Maggie has gotten in the race in Chapter 37?
9. Who calls Two-Tie to tell him who Maggie left with in Chapter 25?
(b) Jojo Wood.
(c) Medicine Ed.
10. Where does the narrator describe Tommy being from in Part II of Results?
11. What is the title of the newspaper column that Maggie writes in Part II of Results?
(a) The Tasty Dessert.
(b) Around to the Finish.
(c) Menus by Margaret.
(d) The Race Ahead.
12. What is Maggie cooking in the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) Baked potatoes.
(b) Beans and bread.
(d) Macaroni and cheese.
13. Who is the only owner to witness Little Spinoza's death in Chapter 38?
(a) Medicine Ed.
(c) Joe Dale.
14. What name does Two-Tie tell Maggie to memorize in the end of Chapter 27?
(b) Lord of Misrule.
(c) White Lightning.
(d) Little Spinoza.
15. Who had ridden Pelter in the race, according to the narrator in Chapter 22?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promises Joe Dale that he will be compensated for the horse in Chapter 28?
2. What causes Two-Tie to get into the car in Chapter 32?
3. Who does Maggie sign Pelter over to in Chapter 40?
4. On what horse is Maggie planning to bet in the race in Chapter 34?
5. What does Joe Dale tell Biggie to get for him and Maggie in Chapter 27?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)