|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what horse is Maggie planning to bet in the race in Chapter 34?
(a) Lord of Misrule.
(b) High Soprano.
(c) The Mahdi.
2. Whom does Two-Tie threaten to call about Bigg's actions in Chapter 23?
3. Who does Maggie sign Pelter over to in Chapter 40?
(b) Joe Dale.
(d) Medicine Ed.
4. Which horse is found dead in his stall in Chapter 21?
(a) Little Spinoza.
(c) Lord of Misrule.
5. When is the horse found dead in its stall in Chapter 21?
(a) On Sunday.
(b) On Thursday.
(c) On Tuesday.
(d) On Monday.
6. What horse's body does Maggie find as she makes her way toward the river in Chapter 40?
(b) Boll Weevil's.
(c) Little Spinoza's.
7. What vehicle is sitting outside of Two-Tie's home when he returns from walking his dog in Chapter 32?
(a) Maggie's car.
(b) Joe Dale's car.
(c) Medicine Ed's Winnebago.
(d) Roy's taxi.
8. Who is in Pelter's stall when Tommy comes in looking for Maggie in Chapter 26?
9. What horse has Deucey decided to enter in the race in Chapter 36?
(a) High Soprano.
(b) Little Spinoza.
10. What is Medicine Ed spreading in Little Spinoza's stall in Chapter 39?
(b) Fresh hay.
11. How much was the claim the racing association paid to redeem Little Spinoza, according to the narrator in Part II of Results?
12. Who does Tommy punch in the face after he arrives in Chapter 28?
(a) Joe Dale.
(b) Medicine Ed.
13. What is the title of the newspaper column that Maggie writes in Part II of Results?
(a) Around to the Finish.
(b) The Race Ahead.
(c) The Tasty Dessert.
(d) Menus by Margaret.
14. What is Maggie cooking in the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) Beans and bread.
(c) Baked potatoes.
(d) Macaroni and cheese.
15. What does Medicine Ed promise God he will stop doing if God saves his life in Chapter 39?
(c) Dating women.
(d) Practicing medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Two-Tie to tell him who Maggie left with in Chapter 25?
2. What horse does Maggie prepare for the race in Chapter 35?
3. Whom does Maggie encounter at the desk in the testing barn in Chapter 38?
4. Where is Medicine Ed said to have begun napping in the afternoons in Chapter 31?
5. The narrator states in Part II of Results, "What had become of Tommy was as immense, as terrible and final as" what?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)