|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Medicine Ed watch Maggie in the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) From the cafeteria.
(b) From the tack room.
(c) From the front porch.
(d) From the chef's pantry.
2. Who has Medicine Ed begun working for in Part II of Results?
(a) Roland Hickok.
(b) Jim Hamm.
(c) Earlie Beaufait.
(d) Standish Chenille.
3. Who does Two-Tie ask for when he calls the racetrack in Chapter 23?
(a) Mr. Haslipp.
(b) Mr Beaufait.
(c) Mr. Hickock.
(d) Mr. Smithers.
4. Who is in the driver's seat of the car in Chapter 32?
5. Where is Maggie laying when Medicine Ed first sees her in Chapter 24?
(a) In the tack room.
(b) In Pelter's empty stall.
(c) In her car seat.
(d) On the steps of her trailer.
6. Where is Pelter said to be held in Chapter 26?
(a) At Kidstuff's stables.
(b) At Tommy's stables.
(c) On a farm in Nebraska.
(d) In Joe Dale's barn.
7. Who is hit in the back of the head with a deer rifle in Chapter 28?
8. Why does Maggie have trouble standing up in Chapter 27?
(a) She has been drugged.
(b) She has been shot in the foot.
(c) She is having a heart attack.
(d) She has had a leg cramp.
9. What is Tommy holding as he approaches Joe Dale in Chapter 40?
(a) A pitchfork.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) A deer rifle.
(d) A dagger.
10. To what horse does Medicine Ed apply goofer dust in Chapter 34?
(a) Lord of Misrule.
(b) High Soprano.
11. By what name does Medicine Ed refer to Lord of Misrule in Chapter 34?
(a) "Lord of Misery."
(b) "Misunderstood Misrule."
(c) "Lord of the Dance."
(d) "Lord of the Race."
12. Who had ridden Pelter in the race, according to the narrator in Chapter 22?
13. What horse has Deucey decided to enter in the race in Chapter 36?
(b) High Soprano.
(c) Little Spinoza.
14. What does Maggie tell Medicine Ed she plans to do after the next race in Chapter 31?
(a) Marry Joe Dale.
(b) Marry Earlie.
(c) Marry Tommy.
(d) Leave the track.
15. What is the name of the woman that Joe Dale suggests Tommy is having an affair with in Chapter 29?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Medicine Ed spreading in Little Spinoza's stall in Chapter 39?
2. What is the highest level of education Tommy has achieved?
3. When is the horse found dead in its stall in Chapter 21?
4. What does Medicine Ed promise God he will stop doing if God saves his life in Chapter 39?
5. Who does Tommy punch in the face after he arrives in Chapter 28?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)