|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medicine Ed do when the jockey riding Lord of Misery asks Maggie if she wants to party in Chapter 34?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He punches the jockey.
(c) He nods at her to go.
(d) He kills the horse.
2. Who has Medicine Ed begun working for in Part II of Results?
(a) Roland Hickok.
(b) Standish Chenille.
(c) Earlie Beaufait.
(d) Jim Hamm.
3. What does Joe Dale tell Biggie to get for him and Maggie in Chapter 27?
4. Whom does Two-Tie threaten to call about Bigg's actions in Chapter 23?
5. How does Maggie feel as she watches Lord of Misrule's arrival in Chapter 30?
6. Who does Tommy punch in the face after he arrives in Chapter 28?
(b) Medicine Ed.
(d) Joe Dale.
7. At what time do the visiting sessions end when Maggie sees Tommy in Part II of Results?
8. Why does Maggie tell Tommy she cannot move in Chapter 28?
(a) She is having a stroke.
(b) She has been given a tranquilizer.
(c) She has injured her leg from the fall.
(d) She was shot in the foot.
9. What is Biggie carrying when he comes out of the house in Chapter 28?
(a) A pitchfork.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) A deer rifle.
(d) A shovel.
10. Where does D'Ambrisi say he received a call from regarding the horse in Chapter 28?
(a) New York.
(b) Las Vegas.
11. What horse's death does Medicine Ed recall in the beginning of Chapter 24?
(b) High Soprano's.
(d) Boll Weevil's.
12. From what narrative perspective is Part I of Results related?
(a) Fourth person.
(b) Third person.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
13. The narrator states in Part II of Results, "What had become of Tommy was as immense, as terrible and final as" what?
(a) "The stories of the Greek gods."
(b) "Something from Shakespeare."
(c) "A volcano or an earthquake."
(d) "What had become of Maggie."
14. What is the title of the newspaper column that Maggie writes in Part II of Results?
(a) The Tasty Dessert.
(b) The Race Ahead.
(c) Around to the Finish.
(d) Menus by Margaret.
15. Who does Two-Tie call after learning who Maggie has left the racetrack with in Chapter 25?
(a) Roy's Taxicab.
(b) Jojo Wood.
(d) Earlie Beaufait.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maggie believe she will not get the winner's purse in Chapter 38?
2. What is being hosed off outside the barn as Medicine Ed watches in Chapter 39?
3. What does Tommy say he wants Maggie to give Pelter before the race in Chapter 21?
4. What does Two-Tie remind himself to keep himself from killing Joe Dale in Chapter 28?
5. What does Maggie judge to be "as ancient in the culture as grapes and barley" in Part II of Results?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)