|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the newspaper column that Maggie writes in Part II of Results?
(a) Menus by Margaret.
(b) The Tasty Dessert.
(c) The Race Ahead.
(d) Around to the Finish.
2. What is the highest level of education Tommy has achieved?
(a) He has a college degree.
(b) He dropped out of school in 10th grade.
(c) He completed high school.
(d) He dropped out of school in 7th grade.
3. Why does Maggie believe she will not get the winner's purse in Chapter 38?
(a) Because she paid Jojo off to lose.
(b) Because her horse is stolen.
(c) Because Tommy is wanted for murder.
(d) Because her horse was doped.
4. How does the narrative transition in Chapter 37?
(a) It changes to first-person.
(b) It changes to third-person.
(c) It changes to second-person.
(d) It changes to the future tense.
5. From what narrative perspective is Chapter 26 related?
(a) Third person.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Fourth person.
6. How much was the claim the racing association paid to redeem Little Spinoza, according to the narrator in Part II of Results?
7. How is the weather described on the day of the race in Chapter 33?
(a) Is is a cool and breezy day in autumn.
(b) It is a rainy day in the spring.
(c) It is the hottest day of the summer.
(d) It is the coldest day of the winter.
8. Who promises Joe Dale that he will be compensated for the horse in Chapter 28?
(d) Roland Hickok.
9. What has happened to Deucey on the day after Little Spinoza won the race, according to the narrator in Chapter 21?
(a) She had her front teeth knocked out.
(b) She has been murdered.
(c) She has gotten married.
(d) She has been in a car accident and broken her arm.
10. What horse is Tommy leading down the hill when he appears in Chapter 28?
(b) Lord of Misrule.
(d) Boll Weevil.
11. How has the horse been killed in Chapter 21?
(a) It has been drowned.
(b) It has been run to death.
(c) Someone has given it sweet feed.
(d) It has been shot.
12. What horse is led second from its stall to the starting gate in Chapter 36?
(a) The Mahdi.
(d) High Soprano.
13. Where does D'Ambrisi say he received a call from regarding the horse in Chapter 28?
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) New York.
14. Who holds a gun to Two-Tie to force him into the car in Chapter 32?
15. What horse does Maggie prepare for the race in Chapter 35?
(a) The Mahdi.
(b) High Soprano.
(d) Lord of Misrule.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maggie sign Pelter over to in Chapter 40?
2. The narrator states in Part II of Results, "What had become of Tommy was as immense, as terrible and final as" what?
3. What is Medicine Ed spreading in Little Spinoza's stall in Chapter 39?
4. Who had ridden Pelter in the race, according to the narrator in Chapter 22?
5. What does Medicine Ed refer to Lord of Misrule as when he arrives at the track in Chapter 30?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)