|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joe Dale's son was arrested for having a carload of what objects on the grounds of the racetrack?
(a) Stolen radiators.
2. What is the powder that Medicine Ed uses on horses so they will win races?
(a) Zeno dust.
(b) Horse-goofer dust.
(c) Voodoo Hoodoo dust.
(d) Horse-sweat dust.
3. What is the name of the horse that Deucey owns in Chapter 1?
(b) Boll Weevil.
4. Who ends up at the betting windows before the race next to Medicine Ed in Chapter 9?
5. For what periodical did Maggie write food columns prior to coming to Indian Mound Downs?
(a) The Chattanooga Gazette.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Winchester Mail.
(d) The Advocate.
6. Medicine Ed is said to have been on the racetrack since what age in Chapter 1?
7. Where are Zeno's former stalls that Tommy acquires in Chapter 12?
(a) Barn G.
(b) Barn D.
(c) Barn Z.
(d) Barn A.
8. What is Joe Dale's son called?
9. To whom is Maggie compared in Chapter 13?
(a) Helen of Troy.
(c) Anne Frank.
10. Who are Tommy and Maggie unhappy to see watching the race in Chapter 8?
11. What horse does Deucey ask Medicine Ed to walk for her in Chapter 12?
(a) High Soprano.
(b) Little Spinoza.
(c) Lord of Misrule.
(d) The Mahdi.
12. Where does Lillian's son live?
13. On what upcoming holiday is Medicine Ed's birthday, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(c) Labor Day.
(d) Memorial Day.
14. From what narrative perspective is Chapter 1 related?
(a) First person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person.
(d) Fourth person.
15. How is Two-Tie related to Maggie?
(a) He is her ex-husband.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her cousin.
(d) He is her great-uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the stables that Tommy owns?
2. Who agrees to go in with Deucey to purchase Little Spinoza?
3. The men gossip in Chapter 11 that Joe Dale's son is not a good choice for a groom because he once did what?
4. Who offers Medicine Ed a job working for him in Chapter 9?
5. From what narrative point of view is Chapter 16 related?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)