|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what narrative perspective is Chapter 1 related?
(a) Third person.
(b) First person.
(c) Fourth person.
(d) Second person.
2. What name does Maggie use when she asks about Two-Tie in Chapter 12?
(a) Standish Chenille.
(b) Andrew D'Ambisi.
(c) Earlie Beaufait.
(d) Rudy Samuels.
3. Why is Tommy out of town in Chapter 20?
(a) He is seeing about a horse.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He is visiting his mother.
(d) He is seeing a psychiatrist.
4. What is the name of Tommy and Maggie's landlady who is a racetrack widow?
(a) Mrs. Anderson.
(b) Mrs. Roster.
(c) Miss Lillian.
(d) Mrs. Pichot.
5. How much is the claiming race that Deucey puts Little Spinoza in next in Chapter 20?
6. What is the name of the stall superintendent at Indian Mound Downs?
(a) Earlie Beaufait.
(b) Suitcase Smithers.
(c) Roland Hickok.
(d) Standish Chenille.
7. In what state is Indian Mound Downs located?
(b) West Virginia.
8. Who takes Little Spinoza's testicles after he is castrated?
(b) Medicine Ed.
(c) Joe Dale.
9. What is Joe Dale's son called?
10. What is the sum of Medicine Ed's lucky money that he bets with in Chapter 4?
11. Who agrees to go in with Deucey to purchase Little Spinoza?
(a) Medicine Ed and Maggie.
(b) Jojo and Donald.
(c) Earlie Beaufait.
(d) D'Ambisi and Two-Tie.
12. Who offers to ride Little Spinoza in his next race in Chapter 18?
(b) Earlie Beaufait.
(d) Jojo Wood.
13. What does the farrier tell Medicine Ed the name is of Zeno's red horse in Chapter 3?
(a) High Soprano.
(c) Boll Weevil.
(d) Little Spinoza.
14. What does Tommy consider Maggie to be for him in the narrative in Chapter 13?
(b) A little girl.
(c) A curse.
(d) A burden.
15. What is Tommy's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What breed is Two-Tie's dog?
2. Where does Medicine Ed plan to make a downpayment on a trailer with his winnings in Chapter 9?
3. What does "bute" refer to in the narrative?
4. What object does Medicine Ed rub in his pocket before the race in Chapter 20?
5. Whom does Two-Tie ask for when he calls the racetrack in Chapter 11?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)