|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Results".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what narrative perspective is Chapter 19 related?
(a) First person.
(b) Fourth person.
(c) Third person.
(d) Second person.
2. The narrator states in Part II of Results, "What had become of Tommy was as immense, as terrible and final as" what?
(a) "The stories of the Greek gods."
(b) "Something from Shakespeare."
(c) "A volcano or an earthquake."
(d) "What had become of Maggie."
3. What does "bute" refer to in the narrative?
(a) A beautiful horse.
(d) Butter oats.
4. Where is Maggie when Little Spinoza is killed in Chapter 38?
(a) In an ambulance.
(b) In the winner's circle.
(c) Laying on the track.
(d) At the betting window.
5. Where does the narrator describe Tommy being from in Part II of Results?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrative transition in Chapter 37?
2. What is the name of Lillian's son?
3. What horse has Deucey decided to enter in the race in Chapter 36?
4. How does Little Spinoza exit the gate in his first race in Chapter 18?
5. What does Tommy say he wants Maggie to give Pelter before the race in Chapter 21?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)