|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Race, Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What horse's death does Medicine Ed recall in the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Boll Weevil's.
(c) High Soprano's.
2. What does Joe Dale tell Biggie to get for him and Maggie in Chapter 27?
3. What is the name of the horse that Deucey owns in Chapter 1?
(a) Boll Weevil.
4. Who are Tommy and Maggie unhappy to see watching the race in Chapter 8?
5. What is the name of the only horse Medicine Ed ever loved?
(a) Little Spinoza.
(c) High Soprano.
(d) Lord of Misrule.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the jockey chosen to ride Little Spinoza in the claiming race in Chapter 15?
2. Who claimed the Mahdi after the race, according to the narrator in Chapter 22?
3. From whom did Tommy buy Pelter?
4. The men gossip in Chapter 11 that Joe Dale's son is not a good choice for a groom because he once did what?
5. What does Two-Tie remind himself to keep himself from killing Joe Dale in Chapter 28?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)