|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Race, Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe Dale tell Biggie to get for him and Maggie in Chapter 27?
2. What object does Medicine Ed rub in his pocket before the race in Chapter 20?
(a) A buffalo nickel.
(b) A blue cotton bag.
(c) A scarab beetle.
(d) A red flannel bag.
3. Why does Maggie tell Tommy she cannot move in Chapter 28?
(a) She has been given a tranquilizer.
(b) She has injured her leg from the fall.
(c) She was shot in the foot.
(d) She is having a stroke.
4. What is the name of the horse that Joe Dale is trying to make Deucey take in Chapter 11?
(a) High Soprano.
(b) Lord of Misrule.
(d) Little Spinoza.
5. What season is described as it passes in Chapter 29?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Maggie use when she asks about Two-Tie in Chapter 12?
2. Where does Deucey arrange for Maggie to sleep for the night in Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of the only horse Medicine Ed ever loved?
4. What is the name of the horse that Deucey owns in Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of Two-Tie's dog?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)