|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Race, Chapters 28-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the vet that castrates Little Spinoza?
(b) Jojo Wood.
(c) Medicine Ed.
2. By what nickname does Medicine Ed refer to Tommy in the novel?
(a) "The lone wolf."
(b) "The young Romeo."
(c) "The stallion."
(d) "The young fool."
3. Joe Dale's son was arrested for having a carload of what objects on the grounds of the racetrack?
(b) Stolen radiators.
4. How is Two-Tie related to Maggie?
(a) He is her father.
(b) He is her great-uncle.
(c) He is her ex-husband.
(d) He is her cousin.
5. How much is the claiming race for that Little Spinoza's owners decide to race him in, in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Maggie use when she asks about Two-Tie in Chapter 12?
2. From what narrative perspective is Chapter 26 related?
3. Where does Medicine Ed plan to make a downpayment on a trailer with his winnings in Chapter 9?
4. What horse's death does Medicine Ed recall in the beginning of Chapter 24?
5. What is the powder that Medicine Ed uses on horses so they will win races?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)