|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Race, Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the horse that Deucey owns in Chapter 1?
(c) Boll Weevil.
2. Where does Medicine Ed plan to make a downpayment on a trailer with his winnings in Chapter 9?
(a) Charles Town.
(d) Fort Ross.
3. By what nickname does Medicine Ed refer to Tommy in the novel?
(a) "The lone wolf."
(b) "The young fool."
(c) "The young Romeo."
(d) "The stallion."
4. What horse does Deucey ask Medicine Ed to walk for her in Chapter 12?
(a) Lord of Misrule.
(b) The Mahdi.
(c) Little Spinoza.
(d) High Soprano.
5. How much did Joe Dale pay for the horse that he's trying to make Deucey take?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tommy and Maggie's landlady who is a racetrack widow?
2. Who does Joe Dale motion to come talk with him in his car in Chapter 12?
3. What is Zeno holding when he goes to talk to Tommy in Chapter 8?
4. Where are the stables that Tommy owns?
5. Who offers Medicine Ed a job working for him in Chapter 9?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)