|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Race, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Two-Tie wear in honor of Lillian?
(a) A black bow-tie.
(b) A green bow-tie.
(c) A blue bow-tie.
(d) A yellow bow-tie.
2. For what periodical did Maggie write food columns prior to coming to Indian Mound Downs?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Advocate.
(c) The Chattanooga Gazette.
(d) The Winchester Mail.
3. Where does Lillian's son live?
4. What is the powder that Medicine Ed uses on horses so they will win races?
(a) Zeno dust.
(b) Voodoo Hoodoo dust.
(c) Horse-goofer dust.
(d) Horse-sweat dust.
5. Where does the narrator describe Tommy's mother working as a waitress in Chapter 2?
(a) Hot Springs.
(b) Little Rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "bute" refer to in the narrative?
2. Where does Medicine Ed plan to make a downpayment on a trailer with his winnings in Chapter 9?
3. What breed is Two-Tie's dog?
4. How old does Deucey claim her horse is in Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of the farrier at Indian Mound Downs?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)