|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Race, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whose house is the card game taking place in Chapter 11?
(a) At Two-Tie's house.
(b) At Tommy's house.
(c) At Medicine Ed's house.
(d) At Maggie's house.
2. By what nickname does Medicine Ed refer to Tommy in the novel?
(a) "The lone wolf."
(b) "The young Romeo."
(c) "The stallion."
(d) "The young fool."
3. What horse wins the first race in Chapter 9?
(a) High Soprano.
(b) The Mahdi.
(d) Boll Weevil.
4. What was the name of the big mare that injured Medicine Ed in 1958?
(b) Little Spinoza.
(c) Boll Weevil.
(d) High Soprano.
5. Who is Medicine Ed's boss in Chapter 1?
(a) Gus Zeno.
(b) Roland Hickok.
(c) Standish Chenille.
(d) Jojo Wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the powder that Medicine Ed uses on horses so they will win races?
2. How old does Deucey claim her horse is in Chapter 1?
3. What is the name of the horse that Deucey owns in Chapter 1?
4. Medicine Ed is said to have been on the racetrack since what age in Chapter 1?
5. The men gossip in Chapter 11 that Joe Dale's son is not a good choice for a groom because he once did what?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)