|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Race, Chapters 2-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what narrative perspective is Chapter 1 related?
(a) Third person.
(b) First person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Fourth person.
2. What does "bute" refer to in the narrative?
(a) A beautiful horse.
(b) Butter oats.
3. What is the name of the horse that Deucey owns in Chapter 1?
(a) Boll Weevil.
4. What is the name of the farrier at Indian Mound Downs?
5. Where does Deucey arrange for Maggie to sleep for the night in Chapter 3?
(a) Deucey's tack room.
(b) Kidstuff's farm office.
(c) Medicine Ed's tack room.
(d) Alice's tack room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described inside the back gate of Indian Mound Downs in Chapter 1?
2. What is the name of the only horse Medicine Ed ever loved?
3. How old is Medicine Ed in Chapter 1?
4. Medicine Ed is said to have been on the racetrack since what age in Chapter 1?
5. Who is Medicine Ed's boss in Chapter 1?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)