|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Race, Chapters 2-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Deucey arrange for Maggie to sleep for the night in Chapter 3?
(a) Deucey's tack room.
(b) Alice's tack room.
(c) Medicine Ed's tack room.
(d) Kidstuff's farm office.
2. What is the name of Tommy and Maggie's landlady who is a racetrack widow?
(a) Miss Lillian.
(b) Mrs. Anderson.
(c) Mrs. Pichot.
(d) Mrs. Roster.
3. What is the sum of Medicine Ed's lucky money that he bets with in Chapter 4?
4. In what state is Indian Mound Downs located?
(d) West Virginia.
5. What is the name of the farrier at Indian Mound Downs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the stall superintendent at Indian Mound Downs?
2. What is the powder that Medicine Ed uses on horses so they will win races?
3. How old does Deucey claim her horse is in Chapter 1?
4. On what upcoming holiday is Medicine Ed's birthday, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
5. From what narrative perspective is Chapter 1 related?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)