|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Race, Chapters 2-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the car described that Maggie arrives in at the racetrack in Chapter 1?
(a) A blue Jeep.
(b) A red Corvette.
(c) A white Pontiac Grand Prix.
(d) A black Ford Ranger.
2. How old does Deucey claim her horse is in Chapter 1?
3. What does the farrier tell Medicine Ed the name is of Zeno's red horse in Chapter 3?
(a) Boll Weevil.
(b) High Soprano.
(c) Little Spinoza.
4. For what periodical did Maggie write food columns prior to coming to Indian Mound Downs?
(a) The Advocate.
(b) The Chattanooga Gazette.
(c) The Winchester Mail.
(d) The New York Times.
5. On what upcoming holiday is Medicine Ed's birthday, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(b) Memorial Day.
(c) Labor Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sum of Medicine Ed's lucky money that he bets with in Chapter 4?
2. What is Tommy's mother's name?
3. Who is Medicine Ed's boss in Chapter 1?
4. What is the powder that Medicine Ed uses on horses so they will win races?
5. From what narrative perspective is Chapter 1 related?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)