|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Race, Chapters 2-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what periodical did Maggie write food columns prior to coming to Indian Mound Downs?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Chattanooga Gazette.
(c) The Winchester Mail.
(d) The Advocate.
2. How is the car described that Maggie arrives in at the racetrack in Chapter 1?
(a) A blue Jeep.
(b) A white Pontiac Grand Prix.
(c) A black Ford Ranger.
(d) A red Corvette.
3. What does "bute" refer to in the narrative?
(a) Butter oats.
(d) A beautiful horse.
4. What is the powder that Medicine Ed uses on horses so they will win races?
(a) Horse-sweat dust.
(b) Voodoo Hoodoo dust.
(c) Horse-goofer dust.
(d) Zeno dust.
5. What is Tommy's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Medicine Ed's boss in Chapter 1?
2. Medicine Ed is said to have been on the racetrack since what age in Chapter 1?
3. From what narrative perspective is Chapter 1 related?
4. What is the name of the farrier at Indian Mound Downs?
5. What is the name of the stall superintendent at Indian Mound Downs?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)