|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourth Race, Chapters 33-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Two-Tie wear in honor of Lillian?
(a) A blue bow-tie.
(b) A black bow-tie.
(c) A yellow bow-tie.
(d) A green bow-tie.
2. What has happened to Deucey on the day after Little Spinoza won the race, according to the narrator in Chapter 21?
(a) She has been in a car accident and broken her arm.
(b) She has been murdered.
(c) She has gotten married.
(d) She had her front teeth knocked out.
3. When is the horse found dead in its stall in Chapter 21?
(a) On Thursday.
(b) On Sunday.
(c) On Monday.
(d) On Tuesday.
4. Who is the exercise girl at the racetrack that Deucey is attracted to?
5. How is the weather described on the day of the race in Chapter 33?
(a) It is the coldest day of the winter.
(b) Is is a cool and breezy day in autumn.
(c) It is the hottest day of the summer.
(d) It is a rainy day in the spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in Pelter's stall when Tommy comes in looking for Maggie in Chapter 26?
2. Where has Tommy gotten tangled up with money, according to the narrative in Chapter 37?
3. How long is it until the time for the race in the opening of Chapter 18?
4. What season is described as it passes in Chapter 29?
5. Why is Tommy out of town in Chapter 20?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)