|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Race, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tommy accuse Maggie of doing when he confronts her in Chapter 10?
(a) Having an affair with Joe Dale.
(b) Betting on Zeno's horse.
(c) Betting on Deucey's horse.
(d) Having an affair with Deucey.
2. Joe Dale's son was arrested for having a carload of what objects on the grounds of the racetrack?
(b) Stolen radiators.
3. Medicine Ed is said to have been on the racetrack since what age in Chapter 1?
4. Who has a crazy look about him that gives Medicine Ed the creeps, according to the narrator in Chapter 7?
5. What does the farrier tell Medicine Ed the name is of Zeno's red horse in Chapter 3?
(a) Little Spinoza.
(c) Boll Weevil.
(d) High Soprano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the horse that Deucey owns in Chapter 1?
2. What is the name of Tommy and Maggie's landlady who is a racetrack widow?
3. What was the name of the big mare that injured Medicine Ed in 1958?
4. What is the name of the stables that Tommy owns?
5. What is the name of the only horse Medicine Ed ever loved?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)