|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Race, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "bute" refer to in the narrative?
(b) Butter oats.
(d) A beautiful horse.
2. Where does Medicine Ed plan to make a downpayment on a trailer with his winnings in Chapter 9?
(a) Fort Ross.
(b) Charles Town.
3. Who is Medicine Ed's boss in Chapter 1?
(a) Jojo Wood.
(b) Gus Zeno.
(c) Standish Chenille.
(d) Roland Hickok.
4. At whose house is the card game taking place in Chapter 11?
(a) At Medicine Ed's house.
(b) At Tommy's house.
(c) At Maggie's house.
(d) At Two-Tie's house.
5. What is the name of the horse that Deucey owns in Chapter 1?
(c) Boll Weevil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joe Dale's son was arrested for having a carload of what objects on the grounds of the racetrack?
2. What is the name of Two-Tie's dog?
3. What does the farrier tell Medicine Ed the name is of Zeno's red horse in Chapter 3?
4. What is the name of Lillian's son?
5. In what state is Indian Mound Downs located?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)