First Race, Chapter 1
1. From what narrative perspective is Chapter 1 related?
(a) Fourth person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person.
(d) First person.
2. In what state is Indian Mound Downs located?
(b) West Virginia.
3. What is described inside the back gate of Indian Mound Downs in Chapter 1?
(a) A water trough.
(b) A cola machine.
(c) A hot-walking machine.
(d) A hay baler.
4. Medicine Ed is said to have been on the racetrack since what age in Chapter 1?
5. How old is Medicine Ed in Chapter 1?
6. What is the name of the horse that Deucey owns in Chapter 1?
(b) Boll Weevil.
7. How old does Deucey claim her horse is in Chapter 1?
8. How is the car described that Maggie arrives in at the racetrack in Chapter 1?
(a) A red Corvette.
(b) A white Pontiac Grand Prix.
(c) A black Ford Ranger.
(d) A blue Jeep.
9. What is the name of the stall superintendent at Indian Mound Downs?
(a) Suitcase Smithers.
(b) Roland Hickok.
(c) Standish Chenille.
(d) Earlie Beaufait.
This section contains 3,865 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)