|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom has Lan's warder bond been transferred?
2. Where do Nynaeve and Elayne decide to search for the weather bowl?
3. What is Egwene shocked at what the Aes Sedai tell her?
4. What rank is equal to an Aes Sedai among the male channelers?
5. Who frees Moghedien from her shackles?
Short Essay Questions
1. In literary terms, what would you label Chapter 51 and how do you think the events of this chapter will affect Rand?
2. How well does it seem Egwene is adapting to her position and how does her position in some ways parallel Rand's position?
3. Why is Egwene so formally summoned to Salidar and what is her reaction?
4. What is Mat debating in his head and how is this a bit comic?
5. What is happening in Chapter 52 and why do you think this chapter exists?
6. Why does Morgase agree to a treaty with the Whitecloaks when previously she has been so opposed to them?
7. What does Min see about Perrin and Rand and should this be taken seriously?
8. What does Aviendha reveal to Elayne in Chapter 40 and how does Elayne respond? Do you think there is a solution given the difference in cultures between Elayne and Aviendha?
9. How do you think Mat responds to seeing (and then believing) Egwene is the Amryrlin seat of the "Little Tower" at Salidar?
10. What happens when Egwene is finally allowed back into Tel'aran'hroid and what is her response to the situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the prophesies about the Dragon Reborn is that Aes Sedai will swear loyalty to the Dragon Reborn, which happens in the last chapter of the book. Rand hates being told what he needs to do by Aes Sedai who cite prophecy. Discuss the following:
Trace and analyze the occurrences of prophesy in LORD OF CHAOS.
Many fantasy novels include some "prophesy" in their storyline. Why do you think this is?
Do you think Rand knowing about the prophesies about him will help him? How could it hinder him?
Essay Topic 2
Though it is not mentioned in detail in LORD OF CHAOS, the readers are given enough information to learn that Rand A'Thor was, up until a short time ago, a shepherd in a small village in Two Rivers. Discuss the following:
How do you think Rand has changed from who he was before Aes Sedai Moiraine comes to his village to the Rand he is in LORD OF CHAOS?
Why do you think Jordan chooses a young, unknown man to be the hero of the series?
How would the book have been different if Rand had been a prince, as he learns in LORD OF CHAOS that he is in actuality?
How would the book have been different if the Dragon Reborn had been a female?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 18, Rand visits the School of Cairhien, a school he set up to preserve knowledge from previous Ages. Discuss the following:
Why do you think Rand set up this school? Do you think it is a good idea?
Why do you think the school is mentioned in LORD OF CHAOS? Does it add anything to the plot?
What is the implication of Rand setting up this type of school?
Do you think this school will help Rand at Tarmon Gai'don?
This section contains 1,331 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)