|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Min see in an aura about Perrin?
2. Where does Loial spend most of his time in Cairhien?
3. What happens to Min and Rand's relationship while they are in Cairhien?
4. What does Siuan show Egwene?
5. Where does Mat halt his army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 50 and why do you think this chapter is included?
2. How does Rand learn of the location of Elayne and what does he do about it?
3. Why do you think Egwene is raised to the Amryrlin Seat and is this a legitimate position?
4. What does Egwene announce unexpectedly in her first speech as Amryrlin seat, but how does Egwene prove she understands the precarious nature of her position when she declines a request from Elayne and Nynaeve?
5. What does Aviendha reveal to Elayne in Chapter 40 and how does Elayne respond? Do you think there is a solution given the difference in cultures between Elayne and Aviendha?
6. How do the Shaido Aiel again prove their lack of honor?
7. What is Mat debating in his head and how is this a bit comic?
8. Why is Egwene so formally summoned to Salidar and what is her reaction?
9. How is Nynaeve being pressured by the Aes Sedai in power at Salidar and what happens that changes that?
10. What is Faile's response to Berelain flirting with Perrin and is this fair to Perrin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the last few chapters, Rand is kidnapped and shielded from using Saidin. Discuss one of the following:
Describe and then analyze the kidnapping and subsequent rescue.
What do you think are the motives behind Rand's kidnapping? Do you think they are sound? Do you think the kidnapping is wise? Ethical?
How do you think the kidnapping and Rand's subsequent almost complete mistrust of Aes Sedai will impact the next books in the series?
Essay Topic 2
In the Prologue, Demandred receives an instruction from the Dark Lord: "Let the Lord of Chaos rule." Discuss one of the following:
Who do you think is the Lord of Chaos and why? Give Examples.
If one were to assume that Rand A'Thor is the Lord of Chaos, how do you think he is helping the Dark Lord?
If one were to assume Rand A'Thor is the Lord of Chaos, do you think Rand is intentionally creating chaos? Why or why not? What are some of the ways Rand is creating chaos?
Essay Topic 3
One of the prophesies about the Dragon Reborn is that Aes Sedai will swear loyalty to the Dragon Reborn, which happens in the last chapter of the book. Rand hates being told what he needs to do by Aes Sedai who cite prophecy. Discuss the following:
Trace and analyze the occurrences of prophesy in LORD OF CHAOS.
Many fantasy novels include some "prophesy" in their storyline. Why do you think this is?
Do you think Rand knowing about the prophesies about him will help him? How could it hinder him?
This section contains 1,285 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)