|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last order from the Dark One to Demandred?
2. Upon whom does Nynaeve eavesdrop?
3. Who instigated a fight which Mat ends?
4. What do the three Ogiers who visit Rand demand?
5. Where does Rand go after meeting with Taim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alanna do to Rand and what is Rand's reaction? Is Alanna's action ethical?
2. What does the Tower embassy ask of Rand; what is his response, and do you think he is sincere?
3. Over what is Aviendha agonizing in Chapter 19 and how do you think this will influence her relationship with Elayne?
4. What mars the Ogier visit with Rand to Shadar Logoth and of what does that remind both Rand and the reader?
5. What do you think is one of the primary purposes of the Prologue and initial chapters and why are they necessary?
6. Why does Alanna bond Rand and does it seem like her rationale offers sufficient justification for such a violation of Rand's self-determination?
7. What are one or two themes that are re-introduced in these first chapters from previous books?
8. How does Rand learn a bit more about his biological parents and does this matter in the scheme of things?
9. Do you think reunification of the two factions of Aes Sedai is possible and also wise at this point in time?
10. What is Robert Jordan's style that seems to compel the reader ever forward in reading Lord of Chaos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following:
Trace and analyze the theme of power throughout LORD OF CHAOS.
Trace and analyze the theme of magic throughout LORD OF CHAOS.
Trace and analyze the theme of evil throughout LORD OF CHAOS.
Essay Topic 2
In LORD OF CHAOS, there seems to be more individuals/groups who are not trustworthy than are: Discuss one of the following:
Name two groups/factions/individuals who are untrustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Lord of Chaos.
Name two groups/factions/individuals who are trustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Lord of Chaos.
Who do you think Rand trusts in this book and is his trust well founded? Who does he mistrust and why? Give specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Wise Ones of the Aiel are similar to Aes Sedai in that they are able to wield the one power. Discuss one of the following:
Compare/contrast Wise Ones to Aes Sedai.
Would you rather join the ranks of the Wise Ones or Aes Sedai if you knew you could channel? Explain fully.
All Wise Ones are not good, nor are all Aes Sedai good. What are the increased dangers of those who can channel being darkfriends versus just normal human beings? Why do you think there are there more black Ajah than Wise Ones who have gone over to the Dark Lord?
This section contains 1,399 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)