|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who formally summons Egwene to Salidar via the Dream World?
(d) The Aes Sedai there.
2. What does Siuan show Egwene?
(a) Nynaeve's mission to Ebar Dou.
(b) The way into the White Tower via a drainage duct.
(c) A map with Salidar on it.
(d) Siuan's right to wear her Aes Sedai ring again.
3. What does Egwene refuse?
(a) To accept Mat's plans.
(b) To go see Rand.
(c) To stop entering the Dream World.
(d) To become Amryrlin.
4. Who is pressuring Nynaeve in Salidar?
(d) The ruling Aes Sedai.
5. Why does Morgase sign a treaty with Niall?
(a) She believes the Whitecloaks will be good for Andor.
(b) She plans to get rid of the treaty later.
(c) She wishes to avoid any more deaths.
(d) She is in love with Niall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Halima?
2. How long has Rand been gone in Chapter 53?
3. Where will Morgase be until Niall decides to ride into Andor?
4. Why is the Red Hand Band following Gareth Bryne's army?
5. Who prepares the speech which Egwene gives to the people of Salidar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How well does it seem Egwene is adapting to her position and how does her position in some ways parallel Rand's position?
2. How do the Shaido Aiel again prove their lack of honor?
3. What happens in the epilogue that might in future volumes prove dangerous for Nynaeve?
4. How is Mat, at least for a scene in Chapter 39, a comic foil to Egwene's serious situation?
5. What does Egwene announce unexpectedly in her first speech as Amryrlin seat, but how does Egwene prove she understands the precarious nature of her position when she declines a request from Elayne and Nynaeve?
6. What does Aviendha reveal to Elayne in Chapter 40 and how does Elayne respond? Do you think there is a solution given the difference in cultures between Elayne and Aviendha?
7. How does Rand learn of the location of Elayne and what does he do about it?
8. What happens between Mat and Halima and what might the result of this mean in the future?
9. Why does Egwene have ji'e'toh" (toh) to the Wise Ones and what is done about it?
10. What happens to Perrin when he and Faile arrive in Caemlyn and how does this demonstrate one of the author's agendas?
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)