|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rank is equal to an Aes Sedai among the male channelers?
(d) Aes Sedin.
2. Why does Aviendha owe Elayne toh?
(a) For telling the Wise Ones one of Elayne's confidences.
(b) For lying to Elayne.
(c) For telling Rand of Elayne's plans to travel to Ebar Dou.
(d) For sleeping with Rand.
3. What request by Elayne does Mat refuse every night?
(a) That he remove his medallion for her to examine.
(b) That he not gamble.
(c) That he bathe.
(d) The he sleep in a different inn.
4. Who is Halima?
(a) A servant to Pedron Niall.
(b) Elaida's Keeper.
(c) An evil being ressurected by the Dark One.
(d) Elayne's childhood nanny.
5. What is the Aes Sedai's response to the healing?
(c) Disbelief from most of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Rand breaks the shield that the Tower Aes Sedai are maintaining?
2. Who arrives at Caemlyn to greet Rand and Perrin?
3. Who violates their agreement with the Tower Aes Sedai?
4. How does Egwene travel through the Dream World?
5. Who does Elayne track down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What system does Rand put into place at Taim's school and how do you think the "students" will react to it?
2. How do the Shaido Aiel again prove their lack of honor?
3. What does Egwene announce unexpectedly in her first speech as Amryrlin seat, but how does Egwene prove she understands the precarious nature of her position when she declines a request from Elayne and Nynaeve?
4. What does Min see about Perrin and Rand and should this be taken seriously?
5. What happens in Chapter 50 and why do you think this chapter is included?
6. In literary terms, what would you label Chapter 51 and how do you think the events of this chapter will affect Rand?
7. What happens when Egwene is finally allowed back into Tel'aran'hroid and what is her response to the situation?
8. What is Faile's response to Berelain flirting with Perrin and is this fair to Perrin?
9. What happens between Mat and Halima and what might the result of this mean in the future?
10. Describe the force that gathers to rescue Rand.
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)