|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is foretold by the Prophecies?
(a) The act of Aes Sedai swearing loyalty to the Lord Dragon.
(b) Rand's kidnapping.
(c) The decimation of the Shaido Aiel.
(d) The decimation of the Aes Sedai.
2. Of whom does Min warn Rand?
(a) The Forsaken Lanfear.
(b) Mazrim Taim.
(c) The Aes Sedai.
(d) The Cairhien nobles.
3. Why is Egwene beaten with a whip by the Wise Ones?
(a) She requests it to test her mettle.
(b) She attacks them.
(c) She is being exiled.
(d) She owes them Toh.
4. What unexpected group attacks the Shaido army?
(a) Hundreds of orcs.
(b) A group of Ogiers.
(c) Hundreds of wolves.
(d) Hundreds of villagers from Falme.
5. What unexpected proclamation does Egwene make in her speech?
(a) That Rand is a false Dragon.
(b) That Nynaeve must stay with Rand until the Last Battle.
(c) That they will move on the White Tower.
(d) That Nynaeve and Elayne are raised to full Sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Min see about the Wise One named Melaine?
2. For what do the Aes Sedai want to use Nynaeve?
3. What does Nynaeve do for Siuan and Leane?
4. Who is Halima?
5. What is disappointing to Min?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the epilogue that might in future volumes prove dangerous for Nynaeve?
2. Why do Elayne and Nynaeve ignore Mat during the trip to Ebou Dar and is this fair of them?
3. What does Egwene announce unexpectedly in her first speech as Amryrlin seat, but how does Egwene prove she understands the precarious nature of her position when she declines a request from Elayne and Nynaeve?
4. How well does it seem Egwene is adapting to her position and how does her position in some ways parallel Rand's position?
5. How do the Shaido Aiel again prove their lack of honor?
6. What happens when Egwene is finally allowed back into Tel'aran'hroid and what is her response to the situation?
7. What happens between Mat and Halima and what might the result of this mean in the future?
8. What happens to Perrin when he and Faile arrive in Caemlyn and how does this demonstrate one of the author's agendas?
9. What system does Rand put into place at Taim's school and how do you think the "students" will react to it?
10. Why is Egwene so formally summoned to Salidar and what is her reaction?
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)