|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elayne angry?
(a) Because Nynaeve has been unsuccessful.
(b) Because Gawyn is staying loyal to the White Tower.
(c) Because the Salidar Aes Sedai are sending nine Aes Sedai on a diplomatic meeting to Rand Al' Thor at Caemlyn, and Elayne isn't invited.
(d) Because Egwene is not telling her all the secrets of the Salidar tower.
2. What does Egwene do?
(a) Goes to help Rand.
(b) Goes to warn the wise ones.
(c) Goes to warn Rand.
(d) Tries to talk to the women.
3. Where are Elayne and Nynaeve preparing to enter in Chapter 7?
(a) Tar Valon.
4. Who is Gareth Bryne?
(a) The former ruler of Tear.
(b) The leader of the Whitecloaks.
(c) The raiser and general of the army the Salidar Aes Sedai.
(d) Rand's foremost Army general.
5. Who wants Nynaeve to spend time trying to remove her "block" from the True Source?
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what does Aviendha agonize?
2. Who is the ruler of Mayene?
3. What do the assembled war leaders suggest to Rand?
4. What does Rand ask Taim to teach Rand?
5. Who does Dyelin say Rand resembles?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rand learn a bit more about his biological parents and does this matter in the scheme of things?
2. How does Rand surprise the Tower Aes Sedai in Chapter 27 and what is the implication of Rand's knowledge?
3. Why do you think Queen Morgase is being held as a virtual prisoner by Pedron Niall?
4. What happens in Chapter 25 that may foreshadow a future event?
5. What is the difference in opinion between Nynaeve and Elayne about leaving Salidar and which action do you think is the best one for them?
6. What are one or two themes that are re-introduced in these first chapters from previous books?
7. What are Nynaeve and Elayne teaching some of the older Aes Sedei and how is this skill useful?
8. What information does Demandred relate to the Dark One and what do you think the Dark One means by his reply?
9. What might be the implication of Vera having found more than two dozen girls who are talented in the One Power all in the tiny province of Two Rivers?
10. Do you think reunification of the two factions of Aes Sedai is possible and also wise at this point in time?
This section contains 1,489 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)