|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is ruling in Illian under a false disguise?
2. What does Rand reply when the Aes Sedai ask him if he will go to Tar Valon?
(a) He says yes after a few days preparations.
(b) He says yes but not until after the Last Battle.
(c) He says he will never set foot in the White Tower.
(d) He does not answer.
3. What do the assembled war leaders suggest to Rand?
(a) To forget Illian since there is nothing of value there.
(b) To strike at Illian before the Illian army is fully ready.
(c) To sneak in and assassinate their ruler and take off in the ensuing chaos.
(d) To conduct a propaganda war first.
4. What happens as a result of the evil bubble?
(a) People start turning into Shadowspawn.
(b) Horses start dying.
(c) People start killing each other.
(d) Inanimate objects start flying around hitting people.
5. What does Rand fear about Lews Therin?
(a) That he is steering Rand in the wrong direction.
(b) Nothing; Rand knows he does not really exist.
(c) That his personality will take over Rand.
(d) That he is driving Rand mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers Nynaeve eavesdropping?
2. What do the three Ogiers who visit Rand demand?
3. How does Rand now view Egwene?
4. Of what does Rand assure four Andoran nobles?
5. Who kills the Grey man intent on attacking Rand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Over what is Aviendha agonizing in Chapter 19 and how do you think this will influence her relationship with Elayne?
2. How does the Ogiers's visit provide a bit of both comic relief and relief from the intensity of much of the events in the book?
3. Why does Rand get angry with Egwene in Chapter 18 and why is this ironic?
4. How does Rand surprise the Tower Aes Sedai in Chapter 27 and what is the implication of Rand's knowledge?
5. What does the Tower embassy ask of Rand; what is his response, and do you think he is sincere?
6. What does Alanna do to Rand and what is Rand's reaction? Is Alanna's action ethical?
7. What is Robert Jordan's style that seems to compel the reader ever forward in reading Lord of Chaos?
8. What keeps Nynaeve from freely channeling and how does this block continue to keep her blocked?
9. Why does Alanna bond Rand and does it seem like her rationale offers sufficient justification for such a violation of Rand's self-determination?
10. In Chapter 25, what is the situation that creates dramatic irony?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)