|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nynaeve trying to heal?
(a) Siuan Sanche.
2. Who does Rand meet at a tavern in Caemlyn?
(c) Verin and Alanna.
3. Who is the ruler of Mayene?
4. Where does Rand take Taim?
(a) To the "Farm."
(b) To Salidar to meet Egwene.
(c) To the Caemlyn palace.
(d) To Illian to help him fight the Forsaken there.
5. Where does Mat tell the leaders of his Army they are going?
(a) Tor Valon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is held as a virtual prisoner in Pedron's Fortress?
2. What does Gawyn profess in his dream?
3. About what are Verin and Alanna shocked?
4. What does Rand insist upon in his meeting with Taim?
5. To where do the Ogiers travel with Rand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Tower embassy ask of Rand; what is his response, and do you think he is sincere?
2. How does the Ogiers's visit provide a bit of both comic relief and relief from the intensity of much of the events in the book?
3. What do readers learn about Padan Fain?
4. Describe the "bubble of evil" that descends upon Salidar and its significance.
5. What does Alanna do to Rand and what is Rand's reaction? Is Alanna's action ethical?
6. What happens in Chapter 25 that may foreshadow a future event?
7. Why does Alanna bond Rand and does it seem like her rationale offers sufficient justification for such a violation of Rand's self-determination?
8. What are Nynaeve and Elayne teaching some of the older Aes Sedei and how is this skill useful?
9. What mars the Ogier visit with Rand to Shadar Logoth and of what does that remind both Rand and the reader?
10. What information does Demandred relate to the Dark One and what do you think the Dark One means by his reply?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)