|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Graendal?
(a) Shaidar Haran.
2. How does Egwene feel about Gawyn?
(a) She admires him but does not love him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She does not like him because he defended Elaida's coup.
(d) She loves him like a brother.
3. What does Rand do to the Waygate at Shador Logoth?
(a) Opens it.
(b) Marks it for the future.
(c) Sets a magical trap for any Shadowspawn.
(d) Destroys it.
4. Who does Rand depose from Caemlyn?
5. Who is Nynaeve trying to heal?
(a) Siuan Sanche.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sammael use on Graendal?
2. What does Rand reply when the Aes Sedai ask him if he will go to Tar Valon?
3. Who is ruling in Illian under a false disguise?
4. What does Rand fear about Lews Therin?
5. What are Elayne and Nynaeve teaching the Aes Sedai in Salidar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What keeps Nynaeve from freely channeling and how does this block continue to keep her blocked?
2. What is the school Rand has set up and what is the implication of his establishing this school?
3. What does Taim want to do and is the training of men who can channel wise or justified given the taint on Saidin?
4. How does the Ogiers's visit provide a bit of both comic relief and relief from the intensity of much of the events in the book?
5. Describe the "bubble of evil" that descends upon Salidar and its significance.
6. Who is Mazrim Taim and what does he want of Rand? Should Rand trust him?
7. What mars the Ogier visit with Rand to Shadar Logoth and of what does that remind both Rand and the reader?
8. In Chapter 25, what is the situation that creates dramatic irony?
9. Do you think reunification of the two factions of Aes Sedai is possible and also wise at this point in time?
10. In the Prologue, the Tower and Shaido Aiel make a pact to take down Rand--do you think the Shaido can be trusted to follow the agreement?
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)