|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Rand assure four Andoran nobles?
(a) That he will not insist that Gawyn be the next ruler.
(b) That the channeling farm is safe.
(c) That he will let them choose their next queen.
(d) That he intends to put Elayne on the throne.
2. What do Elayne and Nynaeve discover in Tel'aran'rhoid?
(a) A ter'angreal that makes new ter'angreal.
(b) A magical bowl with clouds in it.
(c) A male adam.
(d) That Elaida plans to still Rand.
3. Who does Rand want to wait for before going into Illian?
(c) Egwene and her Aes Sedai.
4. What does Berelain do when Egwene informs her of what she saw?
(a) Hurries to the palace.
(b) Calls up her armies.
(c) Flees the city for Mayene.
(d) Goes with Egwene to negotiate.
5. What do the assembled war leaders suggest to Rand?
(a) To sneak in and assassinate their ruler and take off in the ensuing chaos.
(b) To forget Illian since there is nothing of value there.
(c) To conduct a propaganda war first.
(d) To strike at Illian before the Illian army is fully ready.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is gathering in Cairhien?
2. What does Sammael find cryptic?
3. Where are Elayne and Nynaeve preparing to enter in Chapter 7?
4. Who is held as a virtual prisoner in Pedron's Fortress?
5. Who does Rand depose from Caemlyn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Queen Morgase is being held as a virtual prisoner by Pedron Niall?
2. What does Taim want to do and is the training of men who can channel wise or justified given the taint on Saidin?
3. What does the Tower embassy ask of Rand; what is his response, and do you think he is sincere?
4. What are one or two themes that are re-introduced in these first chapters from previous books?
5. How does Rand learn a bit more about his biological parents and does this matter in the scheme of things?
6. Who is Mazrim Taim and what does he want of Rand? Should Rand trust him?
7. What is the school Rand has set up and what is the implication of his establishing this school?
8. What does Alanna do to Rand and what is Rand's reaction? Is Alanna's action ethical?
9. Describe the "bubble of evil" that descends upon Salidar and its significance.
10. In Chapter 25, what is the situation that creates dramatic irony?
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)